You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Rebuys

I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned before, but, unless I am mistaken, you cannot rebuy in a rebuy tournament until after the first hand has been completed - and only if you don't win any chips.

This issue was emphasised tonight when I could only manage to register for the 17:15 £1 Rebuy at the very last minute of late registration. By the time I navigated to the rebuy button, I was already dealt into a hand. I won the blinds. I didn't play the next 1 or 2 hands, then late registration closed and the rebuy period ended. I wasn't allowed to rebuy and double my stack as my stack was above starting stack.

We all understand that Sky's software is a little dated to say the least, and that is part of its' charm. But this little issue can put players at a possible disadvantage. Personally I always take rebuys/addons when offered.

Is this something that could be possibly be improved in the current software?

Cheers!

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,515
    ...a bigger clock so you do not buy in at last minute and miss the rebuy period?
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 932
    MAXALLY said:

...a bigger clock so you do not buy in at last minute and miss the rebuy period?

The same issue applies whether or not you register before the tournament starts or during late registration...
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,515

MAXALLY said:

The same issue applies whether or not you register before the tournament starts or during late registration...
    Good point then.