You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Small Pizza places need to learn

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430
Look when it comes to Pizza there are the big three Pizza hut, Dominoes and Papa Johns, there is not much between these three and usually when I order Pizza I look for the best deals across all three sites and go with whatever offers the best deal at the time for what I want.

If you go outside the big three you are gambling, and whilst I like to gamble there are things you dont gamble with, you never gamble what you cant afford, You also should rarely gamble with your weekly takeout. I get one takeout a week only and it kind of sucks if it is shite.

Occasionally though we need to try new places as that is how we find golden gems, (I mean great places). There was that outrageously bad kebab place who were so bad I considered protesting with a plaque card outside there shop starting a facebook campaign against them and potentially triggering a mass taught litigation for people to get their takeout money back. In the end I settled for leaving lengthy negative review just not worth the effort. Pizza orders outside of the big three have resulted in the charcoal pizza basically instead of pizza dough they used coal that or they burnt it bad but it was kind of hard to tell. Another pizza place decided to make their dough they would replace large amounts of the flour with salt, a single bite of that pizza probably was my healthy salt allowance for the month.

However by occasionally trying new places we sometimes score well. We discovered a great Chinese place who really should get a nobel price for take out food if such a thing existed. There was a pizza place up where my girlfriends family are from which didnt just compete with the big three they wipe the floor with them and their prices are much cheaper too.

So we can gain by taking a shot, but heres the thing when small pizza places charge more then the big three how can they expect to compete? Today I got a flyer for a local pizza place can I say if they are good? no never tried them. However there deals suck they are more expensive then the big three. Now I love pizza I cant get pizza often though as we get other take outs like Indian, Kebab, Chinese etc etc so when I get pizza I want it to be good. The takeout order is always roughly the same amount we always spend between £15-£25 so its not really the money, its what we can get for that money. £25 here for this place gets two medium pizzas when usually with one of the big 3 I can get two large/extra large pizzas with two sides.

I mean right now looking on Pizzahut site I can get two large pizzas two classic sides and a 1.5 litre of drink for £24.99 or two extra large pizzas.

comparing this to the local place flyer that came through my letterbox today I can get a large pizza for 12.99 that means £25.98 for two large pizzas with no sides. How does that compete? their best deal is a Large note large not extra large! pizza with 2 portions of chips 6 onion rings and garlic bread cheese for £17.49 I mean what the **** I dont even get to pick my sides here and who orders chips with Pizza we all know buffalo chicken wings or cheesy dough balls is the way to go and I only get one Pizza and random bits of trash one pizza not two.

Maybe this place really does beat the big three but we will never know now because their prices and deals are not competitive and I not going to pay the same money for less.

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    In next week's thrilling instalment we shall be writing an essay on fish and chips
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Did you know there's an unofficial Sky Poker Discord server? This is the kind of outrageous hot take we love to debate on there.

https://discord.gg/XgNt2pgu
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    I've read this twice, and I have to say, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about!
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    drivel
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    If you are spending more than £20 on pizza you're really getting ripped off.

Plenty of takeaway joints around me where there's always offers like any 2 large (12") pizzas any 2 sides, free garlic bread and any 1.5 litre drink for 19.99.

I never order from the so called big 3. Just too expensive
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430
    if your serious ty for inviting me onto the stream nostri. I have not used discord before but my time is spend either studying, playing poker or looking after my girlfriend. so I am unlikely to join any streams but thanks for the invite.

in regards to the fish and chips comment from waller well you see the thing is there just is not much option for fish and chips. I tried harry ransoms and chez fred but they both said they do not deliver I am not sure if this has changed since but they wernt when I asked. there was one place we got fish and chips from but it was clear they cooked from frozen fish if i wanted that I would buy the ready meal fish and chips thingy from Salisbury when I want fish and chips I want good quality fish and chips.

I could try the local chippys called herpes but seriously who wants fish and chips from a place called herpes? why the heck did they go with that name? or has some funny vandal rearranged the sign or taken a letter out or in etc? I dont know but either way the name puts me off.

in response to the edge yeah just doesnt seem the same options round my way hence why I stuck with the big three. Im not paying more then the big three. Up round my girlfriends way (well she lives with me now but where she was originally from) there is a pizza place that beats the **** out of the deal you just qouted and they are way way better then the big three. I do wonder why they have not became a chain themselves but meh.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    This doesn't sound like the usual, mindless, boring, gettin'-to-know-you chitchat. This sounds like you actually have somethin' to say.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Doubleme said:

if your serious ty for inviting me onto the stream nostri. I have not used discord before but my time is spend either studying, playing poker or looking after my girlfriend. so I am unlikely to join any streams but thanks for the invite.

in regards to the fish and chips comment from waller well you see the thing is there just is not much option for fish and chips. I tried harry ransoms and chez fred but they both said they do not deliver I am not sure if this has changed since but they wernt when I asked. there was one place we got fish and chips from but it was clear they cooked from frozen fish if i wanted that I would buy the ready meal fish and chips thingy from Salisbury when I want fish and chips I want good quality fish and chips.

I could try the local chippys called herpes but seriously who wants fish and chips from a place called herpes? why the heck did they go with that name? or has some funny vandal rearranged the sign or taken a letter out or in etc? I dont know but either way the name puts me off.

in response to the edge yeah just doesnt seem the same options round my way hence why I stuck with the big three. Im not paying more then the big three. Up round my girlfriends way (well she lives with me now but where she was originally from) there is a pizza place that beats the **** out of the deal you just qouted and they are way way better then the big three. I do wonder why they have not became a chain themselves but meh.

i just loled at that bit
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074

This doesn't sound like the usual, mindless, boring, gettin'-to-know-you chitchat. This sounds like you actually have somethin' to say.

Or another way of saying it would be that Marcellus threw Tony Rocky Horror off of a 4 storey building on account of you.
    So no takeout this week as getting Hockeys meat for easter. Its why i not playing today because Hockeys wouldnt take payment until they had my order prepared I guess its because they didnt want to take money and then say they cant supply x. So they said they would phone me between 9 and 11am today so I had to be up for 9am which is like 3am in my time. so shattered now so cant play decent poker tonight.

Hockeys meat is like the best meat you can get will be way better then a take out. got quite a bit of meat. In case you guys dont know you may think sausages are just sausages but then there are hockeys suasages which arent just sausages. could go to the M&S vibe but it would be true.

at least from what I remember as a young on they under new ownership now so hopefully live up to what I remember.

they were meant to be here between 4.30 and 5.30pm but noooooooooooooo they delayed in traffic (I rang to chase up) they better get here soon not just take my money and dissapear this should be a very tasty easter.
    update the hockeys meat has arrived it arrived literally seconds after I made this post. this is going to be a good easter.
    this evening I had beef burger topped with Bacon and castelo blue Cheese the meat all from Hockeys it lives up to childhood memories good food.
  • RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    Do people really spend this much on cheese on toast?