You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bank Holiday Music Lyric Quiz.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

I was in the middle of composing a music quiz myself, but ran out of steam. So, if you don't mind, I will add 3 questions to yours:-

16. Who has appeared on the most number 1 hit records in the UK?
    17. What do these artists have in common:-Patti Smith, Mannfred Mann's Earth Band, and the Pointer Sisters?
    18. What unusual thing does the Pointer Sisters "Fire" have in common with Kelly Marie's "Feel like I'm in love"

18. I know that "Feel like I'm in love" was offered to Elvis but he turned it down,so I'm guessing "Fire" was also offered to him ?
    Well done. The Kelly Marie song was actually written by Ray Dorset, the lead singer of Mungo Jerry.

"Fire" was also sent to, and written for, Elvis. He didn't technically turn it down-he died...
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

I was in the middle of composing a music quiz myself, but ran out of steam. So, if you don't mind, I will add 3 questions to yours:-

17. What do these artists have in common:-Patti Smith, Mannfred Mann's Earth Band, and the Pointer Sisters?
    18. What unusual thing does the Pointer Sisters "Fire" have in common with Kelly Marie's "Feel like I'm in love"

18. I know that "Feel like I'm in love" was offered to Elvis but he turned it down,so I'm guessing "Fire" was also offered to him ?
    Well done. The Kelly Marie song was actually written by Ray Dorset, the lead singer of Mungo Jerry.

"Fire" was also sent to, and written for, Elvis. He didn't technically turn it down-he died...
    You must watch the same NOW 70'S music channel as me :D
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

No-but I used to take part in & set quizzes in quite a big way before poker took over. What we do share is a mind that collects the odd facts. And treasure them, in a slightly strange way. Which all quizzers do.

You should get 17 easily. 16 is harder than 18 ;)
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    17. All had hits with Springsteen songs?
    I believe Because the Night was co-written ( they wrote different parts separately) and there was a question on The Chase the other day about Blinded By The Light. I didn't know until then. I don't know about Pointer Sisters though.
  • Options
    16. It's got to be someone pretty obscure for it to be a quiz question and not the obvious McCartney,Jackson,Elvis etc. Though everyone I think of surely can't of had more #1's than McCartney. Still racking my brains perhaps after a few more McEwans Champion I'll get some inspiration.
  • Options

17. All had hits with Springsteen songs?
    I believe Because the Night was co-written ( they wrote different parts separately) and there was a question on The Chase the other day about Blinded By The Light. I didn't know until then. I don't know about Pointer Sisters though.

Correct. The Pointer Sisters hit was the 1 Bruce wrote for Elvis-Fire.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

16. It's got to be someone pretty obscure for it to be a quiz question and not the obvious McCartney,Jackson,Elvis etc. Though everyone I think of surely can't of had more #1's than McCartney. Still racking my brains perhaps after a few more McEwans Champion I'll get some inspiration.

The key is who has played on most number 1's. Not who has sung on it.
    The person in question is British, and has played on hits as diverse as Benny Hill and Nirvana
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

No-but I used to take part in & set quizzes in quite a big way before poker took over. What we do share is a mind that collects the odd facts. And treasure them, in a slightly strange way. Which all quizzers do.

You should get 17 easily. 16 is harder than 18 ;)
    It's amazing how the brain absorbs somewhat irrelevant information and doesn't come to the fore until needed.
  • Options
    16. How about Eric Clapton as I know he has been a session musician for loads of people ?
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Great quiz. Thank you for the distraction.
    I'm glad it was aimed at all us more mature(?) people.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    16. Cant rem the name but i do seem to recall hes a drummer.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Great quiz. Thank you for the distraction.
    I'm glad it was aimed at all us more mature(?) people.

None of that 'Newfangled' stuff that the youths of today now class as music... :D And I'm still using 'Old Far ts' emojis.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/181634/old-fa-rt-test
  • Options
    Glenelg said:

He is. He has played on at least 42 Number 1's.

Clue:-he appeared in a film that was, in part, about him (although mainly about someone else). Only James Corden (I think) played him, while ha appeared as a chauffeur.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Glenelg said:

Clue:-he appeared in a film that was, in part, about him (although mainly about someone else). Only James Corden (I think) played him, while ha appeared as a chauffeur.
    Ah now that rings a few bells, hes got a foriegn name (Italian?)
    Like...Carlos Santorini? Really annoying, trying real hard not to google......😈
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    Glenelg said:

Essexphil said:

Glenelg said:

@Glenelg

You are almost there.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Glenelg said:

Essexphil said:

Glenelg said:

@Glenelg

You are almost there.
    What!! Even @Tikay10 knows his name . 😠

Ill try Carlos Sabbatini. ( i nearly typed Carlos Santana lol)

Last guess.....put me outta ma misery pse
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Well he was very much my era.
  • Options
    Try imdb-ing James Corden, actor
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Well he was very much my era.

Oh, thats a BIG clue....he'll be in his 50's then. 😂