You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Snooker legends

rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
Stephen Hendry v Jimmy White, never thought i'd ever see the two of them playin each other again.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

@rabdeniro

Real shame it's not televised.
  • Options
    I think it's on Eurosport app and Eurosport.uk, Betfair is doin a stream.
  • Options
    I think you could say they're ring rusty.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    It is on sky bet if you look hard enough.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,036
    edited April 2021
    According to both Sky Bet & Bet 365 Hendry is no longer playing Jimmy White. He is now playing Xu Si. All matches are available on the Eurosport app (they did say it would be shown on Eurosport 1 but it is not on the scheduled TV list) and a few bookies are streaming live coverage also
  • Options

@SidV79

Hendry beat white 6-3. It was dire beyond belief. In Frame 3 the highest break was 7 - & that was for potting the final black.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    Tikay10 said:

@SidV79

Hendry beat white 6-3. It was dire beyond belief. In Frame 3 the highest break was 7 - & that was for potting the final black.

Typical Hendry then. Give me Alex Higgins any day.
  • Options

It's a bit sad to see such great players trying to come back at that stage of their life. I could not even bear to watch it.

Both were terrific players in their prime. I got to know Jimmy when we had the TV Show, as we had him on the cash game a few times. Unforch, he was drinking rather more than was desirable & he was a bit all over the shop.

After the Show one night his Taxi failed to show up on time, & he was chuntering big-time, so I ran him home in my car, adding an hour to my journey at 1am in the morning. He did not even thank me.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    I watched it and have to question Jimmy's 'hunger to win' the match. A few shots were shocking, even by his standards. Remember, he WON the seniors title at the Crucible not so long ago. I know he has his Eurosport guest spot locked up, so didn't really need to qualify for the Worlds. Whereas, if Hendry qualified, it would 'promote' the Championship even further. They have also been practicing together (up until recently) and knew how good each others game REALLY was.

I didn't see the betting markets on this, but something didn't seem quite right to me. I do hope I am totally wrong, as I respect both players.