You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Advanced Poker Masterclass with NOSTRI

NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
edited April 2021 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon. I've been playing on Sky for a while but I don't usually contribute to strategy discussions because I'm too busy crushing freerolls and philanthropic activities like donating double ups to those less fortunate than me. Nevertheless, I would like to contribute more to the community by offering some advanced strategy guides, so here is an in-depth article I spent all morning working on.

Stop donk-betting. It is bad.

Thank you for reading, everyone who made it this far. Next week we will discuss limping.

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Post of the day, tickled me :)

More please.
  • step7step7 Member Posts: 298
    Stop donking is basic advice?
    What happened to the advanced part on "situational" donking?

Look forward to the limping advanced strategy guide :p
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for your comments. I hope everyone is finding my advice profitable.

For now, let's talk limping as promised.

Limping is a little more complicated than donk-betting, so let's simplify by talking about when you shouldn't limp. Don't limp if:

- You like money
    - You like winning

I understand that this is a little more complex than my previous article so feel free to ask questions.

I go into all of these topics in excruciating detail in my full masterclass, available for just £10,000. This weekend only I am offering the full class free of charge to anyone who can explain why they think open-shoving 50+ blinds preflop is a good idea.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,075
    NOSTRI said:

Thank you for your comments. I hope everyone is finding my advice profitable.

For now, let's talk limping as promised.

Limping is a little more complicated than donk-betting, so let's simplify by talking about when you shouldn't limp. Don't limp if:

- You like money
    - You like winning

I understand that this is a little more complex than my previous article so feel free to ask questions.

I go into all of these topics in excruciating detail in my full masterclass, available for just £10,000. This weekend only I am offering the full class free of charge to anyone who can explain why they think open-shoving 50+ blinds preflop is a good idea.

Its a great idea to open shove 50 bb pre when you know that there are players who will call. How do you think people like @mattbates make their money.
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    It's pretty obvious Matt is in Big Sky Poker's back pocket. Who are you going to trust, someone with suspiciously consistent results or someone with their own forum thread? Use your head, man.
  • SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    it annoys me when people donk lead say 0.90 into 0.12 pot like its ever a bluff only getting called when there crushed
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,075
    Had a villain last week shove all in for 500 bb on a 444 board in a deepstack. Now I'm sitting on about 450 bb and holding A K and was rather eager to see another card, however, I'm not calling obviously.

I took a guess at villains hand and typed you had 77 or 88 nh. He immediately states he had quads, which simply doesn't compute. I asked why anybody would shove quads and fold out every hand that pays them off.

His reply was "I was trying to get flopped full houses to call ".

Either way he saved me money. Thanks.

Mark
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Engy,Mynafrett... for the love of God... and Burt.. GTO solvers.. think tanks...someone please.. post with Kahoona's... or, RAIL myna and engy..would say,me as well... but,.."my r.n.g. Stuck on Anhialte..lov U really Tony..kiss n make up? If I put in 4k?
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    I often remark that I genuinely don’t understand poker terminology....not interested/bothered to know what stuff means but pj takes the range of poker terms to a new dimension...
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    NOSTRI just found this excellent thread but your going to fast for me can you slow down a bit and say it in a way I can understand better.
  • GotyaBeetGotyaBeet Member Posts: 4
    NOSTRI said:

Good afternoon. I've been playing on Sky for a while but I don't usually contribute to strategy discussions because I'm too busy crushing freerolls and philanthropic activities like donating double ups to those less fortunate than me. Nevertheless, I would like to contribute more to the community by offering some advanced strategy guides, so here is an in-depth article I spent all morning working on.

Thank you for reading, everyone who made it this far. Next week we will discuss limping.

Simple and to the point lol.
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,504
    edited April 2021
    Enjoyed your master class.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,541
    NOSTRI said:

Could you enhance\embellish this masterclass with HH's please? Think we are all suffering from some mrpj cold turkey HH's. 😆
  • gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    Awesome advice. It will all be down to you if I win this weeks MML ;)