You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Turbo DYM AQ in BB, what to do here.

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
edited April 2021 in Poker Chat
What do you do in this spot? £1.10 turbo DYM.

As it happens i was on a 7 win streak prior to this game, should that affect my decision given the potential added value of the leagues.

See spoiler below, your opinion pre spoiler and after is valued.

First thought in game is that the SB could be pushing with a wide range here, the blinds go up quickly, and i may not get another 2 decent cards. i can't flat so it has to be a push.

In hindsight i don't think i'm pushing from the SB in that spot with much worse than AQ off suit, given my stack, the players left and the stack i would be leading into. so maybe it should actually be a fold.

Comments

• mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    1) do you think flatting here is an option?
    2)5.5blinds if you fold with this hand you have to hit allot of the time but it can also dominate your opponents raising hands.
    3) If you play the situation this is a call in most cases, you could call and fold flop if no joy.
    4) don't worry about the win streak, if you are playing to win in most cases the streak will take care of itself. If you play the streak you may not play good cards like folding here and then not having a stack to threaten anyone when you get low with rising blinds.
    It is a tough spot.
    Good luck
    Danny
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Looks a pretty straightforward shove.

6handed so no ICM implications, and you can't hang about in the turbos.

Don't even mind peeling to call off on any flop, but calling to fold flop would be bad, really bad.

I'm not familiar with what's a realistic streak number to win the promo, I'm guessing 7/8 wouldn't quite cut it but generally that shouldn't impact decisions too much.

If 8 in a row would almost guarantee you first prize then yeah it might have more sway on how to play.
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    shove all day.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Fold
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 932
    gpc70 said:

shove all day.

gregkdy82 said:

Fold

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :D
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    I shove, you can't wait for better hands at the 75/150 blind level in a turbo dym, not when you only have less than 6BB behind if you fold.

I presume you won some similar flips to get your 7 streak and I doubt you would worry about this hand if you'd won the flip. Unlucky though.