You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Innocent Until Proven Guilty?

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
ITV pulls final episode of drama Viewpoint following Noel Clarke allegations

ITV has pulled the concluding episode of drama Viewpoint from schedules after allegations of misconduct against star Noel Clarke.

The actor is currently starring in the thriller as DC Martin Young, a surveillance detective who sets up his observation post in the home of a single mother.

The five-part drama was broadcast throughout this week and was due to conclude on Friday night.

Twenty women who knew Clarke in a professional capacity have come forward with allegations in The Guardian, prompting ITV to announce it will not be broadcasting the final episode but will make it available on the ITV Hub.

Clarke has “vehemently” denied claims of sexual misconduct.

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrP4k.LIIxgAXcA3hVLBQx.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcxNzAwMwRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC1zZWFyY2gtc2IEZ3ByaWQDSzRsOFl2ODlTcWFzOFpPbC5CQWFmQQRuX3JzbHQDMARuX3N1Z2cDNARvcmlnaW4DdWsuc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMARwcXN0cgMEcHFzdHJsAzAEcXN0cmwDMTcEcXVlcnkDdmlld3BvaW50JTIwdG9uaWdodAR0X3N0bXADMTYxOTgwMDI0MQ--?p=viewpoint+tonight&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-search-sb

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    edited April 2021
    ITV can't win there.

They'll get loads of complaints if they show it.
    And loads if they don't.

Because people can complain. But they apparently are incapable of changing channels.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

ITV can't win there.

And loads if they don't.

Because people can complain. But they apparently are incapable of changing channels.

But it is the fifth and last episode.

Are all the channels going to take all his programmes off catch up, box sets etc.

Has he been found guilty of anything?
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

ITV can't win there.

And loads if they don't.

You cant watch it, but you can download it.

Boris hasnt taken over ITV, has he?
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

ITV can't win there.

And loads if they don't.

It was good.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

ITV can't win there.

And loads if they don't.

Are all the channels going to take all his programmes off catch up, box sets etc.

No he hasn't
    I'll be honest, i've never heard of him and only seen what's been on the news but he has admitted he has a problem and needs some kind of councilling and apologised for his actions so somethings gone on looking from the outside , his career is in tatters too
  • Options
    stokefc said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

ITV can't win there.

And loads if they don't.

No he hasn't
    I'll be honest, i've never heard of him and only seen what's been on the news but he has admitted he has a problem and needs some kind of councilling and apologised for his actions so somethings gone on looking from the outside , his career is in tatters too
    His comments seem to imply that he has acted inappropriately. although the extent of his actions are not yet clear.
    I am in favour of punishing those that have broken the law.
    However I am at a loss to understand what ITV accomplished by removing this programme from the schedule, but allowing it to be downloaded at the scheduled time.
    So those that wanted to watch it, could still watch the programme when it was due to be shown.
    A number of his programmes will be available in catch up, on demand, and cinema sections, are they going to remove these too?
    He is quite well known,

Noel Anthony Clarke (born 6 December 1975)[1] is a British actor, screenwriter, director and comic book writer. Rising to prominence for playing Mickey Smith in Doctor Who (2005–2010),[2] Clarke is also well known for playing Sam in the films Kidulthood (2006), Adulthood (2008) and Brotherhood (2016), which he also wrote and directed.[3] He is also known for playing Aaron Bishop in Bulletproof (2018–present), which he also writes and produces.

Making his film debut in I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (2003), Clarke has gone on to star in several films, including Centurion (2010), 4.3.2.1. (2010), Fast Girls (2012), Storage 24 (2012), Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), I Am Soldier (2014), The Anomaly (2014), I Kill Giants (2017), Mute (2018), 10x10 (2018), The Corrupted (2019), Twist (2021) and SAS: Red Notice (2021), some of which he also wrote, directed or produced.

In 2015, Clarke founded the company Unstoppable Film and Television with friend and fellow actor Jason Maza and they have since written, directed and starred in several productions.

Clarke won the Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Performer in 2003, the BAFTA Orange Rising Star Award in 2009[4] and received the BAFTA Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award in 2021.[5] The latter was suspended on 29 April 2021, however, following allegations of sexual misconduct.[6][7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Clarke