You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

So goodbye is coming

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,554
So I the issues with freezing tables has been too much now for to long. I know I dont have the best records in poker but I aspire to achieve good wins and make a decent amount. Unfortunately Sky cannot offer a huge amount in and of itself. To almost anyone simply because just not the games going for it.

Ideally what i wanted to do was multi table on sky and on other sites as well. This is completely not doable with sky. tables have been freezing for a long time now and the fix is always promised round the corner but it doesnt happen. The main real reason I moved away from heads up hypers here is how can I play such a turbo format when i cant rely on the tables to open properly consistently or not freeze? I have not given up on these play on another site now.

Ultimately though other sites offer more potential income then sky does and ultimately because of the issues with SKY, sky is not a site you can play in conjunction with others. I recently benefited in an mtt due to a play sitting out several days ago. today it cost me a tourney where I had a good stack, and prospect. at the time of writing this a player is sitting out on my penultimate table of the night likely due to table freezing I will try tag him to give him a chance @paulo999 likely they wont see this forums and will miss the tourney. Many names I once knew are no longer on the site I dont know these people in real life so cant ask but I would guess at least some have left because of the issues with the site. It takes time to build a bank roll on a site and I really dont feel comfy making large deposits on a site because of UKGC etc and dont want to have to provide my bank details credit score and rigorous affordability checks. So I deposit small amounts and grind it up rather then large amounts. I am seeing good progress on another site It is only a matter of time before my bankroll their exceeds here and they become my new poker home. I would have liked to remain on both sites but this is no longer a realistic option because of these issues.

my exams are coming up hence the drop in activity and it will drop further I will likely be continue to play here sometimes for the time being but will likely leave this site entirely some time between July-August.

It is a shame I have really liked this site its community feel its character and the stability that small stakes mtts offer over larger fields. I say this not to have a go or go on the attack but rather because I dont want to see this site die and I think that is ultimately the direction things will head in if this continues with the site been so unstable I dont want to see this site die. . two more players sitting out in last table now.

ยซ1

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    I had this happen twice last night , it was early in my tourny so wasn't much of a problem what's weird though i had 3 tables running but only 1 froze so was unable to play on the three while i rebooted the client so i can see how frustrating it must be to the regs who play to earn
    It happened last week too when i had kk , i know i wasn't guaranteed to win but anybody would be frustrated in that situation
    I'm not one for moaning it doesn't happen very much with me but i can understand the regs frustration this should not be happening and is bad for the Sky brand
    Hopefully it gets fixed before customers begin to leave
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    Trying to register for a tourney is becoming a bit of a farce now , I've logged out and back in 12 times and still getting the error.

Getting fed up with it now and that's over a year and still not been fixed.

• Options
    And when I finally do register it asks me to sign in again in a box while game is loading.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited May 2021
    It speaks volumes about what's going to happen in the not so distant future with Flutter deciding to not invest anymore into the current software whatsoever, yet stick 40k promo budget on SPT online ticket giveaway. That's money they could spend on outsourcing software development if the current guys are not able to fix the problem.

It's possible that the flash changed effected things more than everyone expected and the software, at it's core, needed it to run properly, or something along those lines. AIR has also stopped being supported by Adobe, so basically the software can only become defunct and the head honchos are going to have serious issues putting any cash into fixing a platform that has no future.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349

It speaks volumes about what's going to happen in the not so distant future with Flutter deciding to not invest anymore into the current software whatsoever, yet stick 40k promo budget on SPT online ticket giveaway. That's money they could spend on outsourcing software development if the current guys are not able to fix the problem.

It's possible that the flash changed effected things more than everyone expected and the software, at it's core, needed it to run properly, or something along those lines. AIR has also stopped being supported by Adobe, so basically the software can only become defunct and the head honchos are going to have serious issues putting any cash into fixing a platform that has no future.

Perfectly put, playing their hand almost face-up.
  • Options

Does anyone else get this ? And if you dont enter your details quickly it refreshes and you need to try again
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Software broken? Nevermind we are running a ยฃ100k guarantee with a 40k giveaway ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Site is an utter farce now and if its not going to be fixed you should atleast have the baws to tell us that @sky workers (James, Sam and whoever else) . Your silence on these these threads is pitiful and spineless. What is it you fuds actually do all day apart from come up with **** promos one day a month. I ask because on other sites I get the impression a good percentage of my rake goes on software development, advertising etc but here you don't pay out for any of that but expect us to pay up to 5% more rake for a sng than the decent sites charge.
  • Options
    @johnjoe81 have you tried playing through the browser "properly"

I see the site address m.skypoker.com , if you played through skypoker.com , I reckon your problem would disappear.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

@johnjoe81 have you tried playing through the browser "properly"

I see the site address m.skypoker.com , if you played through skypoker.com , I reckon your problem would disappear.

I will try that cheers , the same thing happened on the client too so I binned that.

I'll see how this goes
  • Options

These issues really should have been solved by now. This wouldn't happen on any other poker site. You would think this would be a very high priority fix. Sky either don't have the resources or don't care enough to deal with this, either way is concerning. For regulars these issues are annoying but you deal with them for income. For recreational players they are potentially deal breakers in terms of giving custom to the site. I'm not sure why you would choose to spend your money on sky poker when the competition is so far ahead in every aspect.

Not sure if the spend money comment is at me or recs. I am a profitable player but not a killer per say.
    For me sky poker is good for low variance income, I find I can achieve good results on other sites too but due to larger fields this results in much higher variance.

The way I see it is Sky poker in the past has always been a great site for the aspiring professional poker player, or the professional player who just wants a stable living wage. However for someone who wants to make a very good wage from poker Sky just is not the site They simply dont have the game volume. I thought I could combine with other sites but this now looks doubtful.

I have heard that stars is now softer then Party poker and Ipoker not sure if that is true have not played properly on stars in some time so that could be complete nonsense heard it from poker channels on youtube. I am profitable on both Ipoker and party so if true could do well on Stars.

if stars brought back the old VIP program, linked their poker sites across all platforms so you could transfer funds between the sites easily and fixed the issues with sky, I would be delighted.

This would mean I would be exclusively with flutter sites have everything and I think it would make them much more competitive in the poker world with GG rising up as a threat this would be a great move for them to do.
    Of course one can dream we know they never will.

Instead they buy up whatever poker sites they can not to improve sites or link platforms in some way but rather create zombie sites that can never rise as competition. Well this model no longer works as GG are taking over and they are not able to buy out GG. I hate GG btw but that is another topic I would love to see flutter own GG though.

• Options
    gregkdy82 said:

Software broken? Nevermind we are running a ยฃ100k guarantee with a 40k giveaway ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Site is an utter farce now and if its not going to be fixed you should atleast have the baws to tell us that @sky workers (James, Sam and whoever else) . Your silence on these these threads is pitiful and spineless. What is it you fuds actually do all day apart from come up with **** promos one day a month. I ask because on other sites I get the impression a good percentage of my rake goes on software development, advertising etc but here you don't pay out for any of that but expect us to pay up to 5% more rake for a sng than the decent sites charge.

not sure its fair to go after specific sky workers on this site, we dont know how much power they do or dont have and their hands could be tied.
  • Options
    @mumsie

When I log in to skypoker.com then click tournaments it auto takes me to the mobile site with the m on the address
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah thanks @mumsie , will update you cheers
  • Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    I don't think you can blame the sky techies for this. If they are purely employed for sky poker then they'll be under immense pressure as if the site goes bust then they're out of a job. If they're employed by sky in general then that's a bit different but as numerous other threads and countless players have added the problems have been on going since December with the issues getting worse not better every month. They clearly can not fix the software. It's too outdated. Sky poker owners couldn't care less it would seem as there's no sign to any kind of major update. A lot of players including myself think the end of sky is imminent. The amount of business in new customers and regs the site has lost in recent months must of had an impact on the numbers. If the owners had any intention of growing the site and giving it major overhaul surely a simple post on the forums acknowledging players frustrations and assuring players that a major fix is on its way would suffice. At least that would put to ease players thoughts of the site collapsing. But sadly, no, we just get we are working on it and it's hard to fix. This is 2021 guys... if a problem cant be fixed in 5 months then the problem cant be fixed.

Once summer hits and social distancing ends with everything back open I can see the number of players on sky being an all time low especially if this isn't fixed which it doesn't look like it will. Guarantees will get cut in half and then cut again and we could see the closure of the site come later this year.

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Sky Poker has been around for years and has been a relatively massive success. The fact that it still pulls in so many people even with shoddy software is astonishing. Any CEO or COO will be totally aware of those facts so there's no way that Sky Poker shuts down. At the very least the Sky Poker brand will remain.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    lift over a "stars lite" software package for 6 max on sky. Job done!!
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    It might just be me but...

1) Why do people expect a response from Sky employees on a Saturday?

2) I play on 'Stars a little and have far more software crashes on there than at Sky (admittedly I never play poker on a mobile)
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    The long standing software issues have been well documented here on the forum and frustrations are very understandable.

What I would like to say is, that anyone who likes playing on Sky and cares about its future should try forgiving the glitches as much as they can. Even if that is by reducing volume significantly and playing elsewhere at times. Otherwise, if most players leave permanently, the bosses, new owners or whomever will have reason to shut up shop, so to speak, if push ever comes to shove further down the line.

For the time being the best us players can do is continue to log in and play some hands to essentially at least maintain/increasing the active player numbers and report any issues to assist the technies in resolving them.