You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ouch, this one hurt...

Main Event £33. I have a great start, build the stack from 5k to 10k, pick up a bounty along the way. Remain over 10k for a while. Massive stack moves next to me from another table; he has 50k (probably not right to say his name but as I type he has loads in main and A LOT of bounties). I quickly learn he's loose, raising EVERY hand; calling wide and getting lucky. He eventually takes me when I reraise with AK pre committing over half my stack with the intent i am all in, flop 775 i think he shoves i call. he has called reraise with 10 5. C'est la vie.

I rebuy; bide my time take some pots off him; get over 10k again; then this hand -not sure I can forget this one easily.
I have A10; he raises (as he does every hand) to 900 (blinds 300). I re-pop to 3900; leaving 6k ish back. He calls. Flop a 10 3 ALL hearts. OK, he checks, I know if i shove and he has a heart he calls and do i want that risk; maybe but avoidable. I check back knowing if the turn is blank i shove.

Turn 5 diamonds; perfect!

I shove for my 5-6k. he takes a few seconds and calls. Now he does have loads of chips, still 40k back BUT I've reraised pre, there's 3 hearts, ace high flop. He shows K5, no hearts.

So happy.

River 5 hearts; trips for the legend. 2 outs and evidentally one was a heart which I could have easily been holding!

As you can tell it's still raw!!!!

Lol, just lol!

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    edited May 2021
    PAPABURG said:

Main Event £33. I have a great start, build the stack from 5k to 10k, pick up a bounty along the way. Remain over 10k for a while. Massive stack moves next to me from another table; he has 50k (probably not right to say his name but as I type he has loads in main and A LOT of bounties). I quickly learn he's loose, raising EVERY hand; calling wide and getting lucky. He eventually takes me when I reraise with AK pre committing over half my stack with the intent i am all in, flop 775 i think he shoves i call. he has called reraise with 10 5. C'est la vie.

I rebuy; bide my time take some pots off him; get over 10k again; then this hand -not sure I can forget this one easily.
    I have A10; he raises (as he does every hand) to 900 (blinds 300). I re-pop to 3900; leaving 6k ish back. He calls. Flop a 10 3 ALL hearts. OK, he checks, I know if i shove and he has a heart he calls and do i want that risk; maybe but avoidable. I check back knowing if the turn is blank i shove.

Turn 5 diamonds; perfect!

I shove for my 5-6k. he takes a few seconds and calls. Now he does have loads of chips, still 40k back BUT I've reraised pre, there's 3 hearts, ace high flop. He shows K5, no hearts.

So happy.

River 5 hearts; trips for the legend. 2 outs and evidentally one was a heart which I could have easily been holding!

As you can tell it's still raw!!!!

Lol, just lol!

Your luck just about sums up my normal poker day.