You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Monday 24th May

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

Tikay10 said:

Dollie said:

As a long time Man City Fan (many years of suffering) I recall the day Joe Mercer (Mr Football) was appointed manager in 1965. A colleague of mine (a big City fan and racing fan) backed every horse that Joe Mercer (the jockey) was riding, covering singles, doubles etc etc. Mercer won 5 of the 6 rides that day. My colleague won the equivalent of one years' wages, he was on £7 a week at the time.

@Dollie

Wow, great story Gordon.

I'd quite forgotten about Joe Mercer (football). He was Manager at Man City for a good few years, but I always thought the way the club handled things at the end was disgraceful, & Joe deserved much better.

PS - good luck on Saturday.
    It was indeed a great story.
    And that's exactly what it was; a story.

Everyone knows Man City were only formed in 2008, so I'd take Dollie's anecdotes with a huge bag of salt.

Joe Mercer doesn't even sound like a real name.

@hhyftrftdr

Will you be at the game on Saturday? I believe @Dollie will be there.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2021
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

Dollie said:

As a long time Man City Fan (many years of suffering) I recall the day Joe Mercer (Mr Football) was appointed manager in 1965. A colleague of mine (a big City fan and racing fan) backed every horse that Joe Mercer (the jockey) was riding, covering singles, doubles etc etc. Mercer won 5 of the 6 rides that day. My colleague won the equivalent of one years' wages, he was on £7 a week at the time.

@Dollie

Wow, great story Gordon.

I'd quite forgotten about Joe Mercer (football). He was Manager at Man City for a good few years, but I always thought the way the club handled things at the end was disgraceful, & Joe deserved much better.

PS - good luck on Saturday.
    It was indeed a great story.
    And that's exactly what it was; a story.

Everyone knows Man City were only formed in 2008, so I'd take Dollie's anecdotes with a huge bag of salt.

Joe Mercer doesn't even sound like a real name.

@hhyftrftdr

Will you be at the game on Saturday? I believe @Dollie will be there.
    I fly out to Porto from Luton on Friday afternoon but alas I am ticketless....for now.

Hard to know who to support....my old team or my current team.
  • Options
    FishDog77FishDog77 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks again for the kind words Tikay! I was buzzing for sure, very good day indeed!

Keep up the good work each day posting results, its definitely appreciated and is a very good bonus to come on here and read, makes playing all the more worth it!

Thanks again, Fishdog.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250
    FishDog77 said:

Thanks again for the kind words Tikay! I was buzzing for sure, very good day indeed!

Keep up the good work each day posting results, its definitely appreciated and is a very good bonus to come on here and read, makes playing all the more worth it!

Thanks again, Fishdog.

@FishDog77

I guessed you were buzzing by all the Twitter activity your result generated.

Keep it going, let's hope you can repeat the trick soon.