You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£250 to £5k Challenge | BR £2,378.77 + £220 & £110 UKOPs Seats

Comments

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Day 21

Another quite uneventful and boring [for the reader] day. Nothing much to report. I bubbled a tournament. Started the Mini Major well, but ran a rivered flush over flush to cripple me.

It's a lot harder to write anything in these updates, when the cards aren't going too well. On we go though.

Daily Profit: -15.82
    Total Profit: 238.16
    Total tickets/bonuses/credits: 12.40

Current BR: 500.56

Thanks for reading.
    Onwards and upwards. See you at the tables.
  • Options
    Day 22

It's always nice taking down a tourney. Even if it's not for mega bucks. That's what we did tonight. I took down the 17:15 1R. Being the first tournament of my schedule tonight, it would have been difficult to end the session in a deficit.

Plot twist. I didn't.

Other than that win though, it was quite an uneventful session. Struggled to even win many bounties. I realise I sound a bit like a broken record, but I've never been one for mentally taking notes of my exit hands etc, so really can't comment much about them. Obviously it's easier to remember those big hands at the money end of tournaments. And there were none of those really.

Ultimately, I'm really glad for another win though. That is the 4th of this challenge. And I'm steadily heading in the right direction. A lot to be pleased about.

Used my £2.30 weekly rewards ticket towards the mini tonight as well.

Daily Profit: +17.93
    Total Profit: 256.09
    Total tickets/bonuses/credits: 14.70

Current BR: 520.79

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

Well done Dazzy.
  • Options
    Day 23
    Last night was another pleasing night with some nice results, including a final table or two. I seemed almost a dead cert to take down the 18:05 BH, having started the HU battle with about a 8:1 chip lead. I just lost every (about 5 or 6 of them) flips/dominating hands when the chips went in preflop. It's nice to win a tournament, but this one would have been extra special, as I had won every bounty of the FT up until that point.

In other news, I FT'ed the Nightly Micro for the 2nd day running, and FT'ed (and min-cashed) the evening's Turbo Freezeout, which boosted the balance a little bit further.

Some not so positive news of the session was accidentally registering for the 23:00 £11 Turbo BH rather than the £3.30 game (both had exact same starting time/guarantee). And by not even managing a single bounty, undid some of the decent results from that last wee while. It could have easily gone the other way though, and it wasn't such a major mistake. I just need to be extra careful in future.

Finally, it's been a while since I've managed/felt like playing the absolute full daily schedule (at least, of the tournaments I'm willing to play at the moment). The enjoyment of poker has returned with quite a bang. Hopefully this recent run good sticks around for a while.

After just checking my daily profit, and realising it's only 5 pence of a difference from yesterday. Consistency, eh? I'd say that's a good thing.

Daily Profit: +17.98
    Total Profit: 274.07

Current BR: 538.77

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    Day 24.

I forgot to update after last night's session. And didn't play any today. So here is the delayed summary.

It was another very decent night of poker. Winning the £1r for the 2nd time in 3 attempts. Can't really ask for much more than that. There was also a couple of other final table appearances again, which is also nice.

I'm really pleased at how the challenge is progressing, and I'll continue doing what I'm doing. Can only wait and see where it goes.

Enjoy your weekend, guys.

Daily Profit: +27.90
    Total Profit: 301.97

Current BR: 566.67

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,031
    Keep up the good work Dazza, you will get there
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited July 2021
    Great work Dazza - another nice win on the board and you're really starting to build momentum now with this.

Apologies if I've missed this - are you planning to save your £14.70 worth of tickets/bonus credits to use towards a shot at a bigger tournament, or have you simply chosen not to use them as yet?
  • Options
    Thanks guys
    Asho28 said:

Apologies if I've missed this - are you planning to save your £14.70 worth of tickets/bonus credits to use towards a shot at a bigger tournament, or have you simply chosen not to use them as yet?

I haven't saved any of it. So far, I have just been using it all as part payment to tournaments.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Day 25

Tonight was a night full of 'so close, yet so fars'. Bubbled 3 FTs.

The good news is that I did well in the 1R again, reaching HU, and making that a 1st, 1st, and 2nd in the last 4 attempts. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get one up on Meatloaf!

Small profit for the day. And overall, things are going pretty splendidly, with the daily profit streak sitting at 4 now.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, guys.

Daily Profit: +15.85
    Total Profit: 317.82

Current BR: 582.52

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    I haven't played much in the last week or so, and when I have, it's been rather uneventful. Hence why there's not really been any updates. Probably the longest downswing of the challenge so far, which makes it difficult to come on here to share the results.

The only positive really, since the last update, is managing to bink a Sunday Major ticket in the daily freeroll today.

Anyway, here are the results since last update.

Days 26 - 30

Day 26

Day 27

Day 28

Day 29

Day 30

Total Profit: 273.41
    Total Used tickets/bonuses/credits: 17.00
    Unused Ticket: £110 Sunday Major

Current BR: 540.41 + £110 Ticket

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    It's been another little while since the last update. It seems like I'm stuck of sorts with this challenge recently. Not really progressing as much as earlier. At least it's not regressing, which is a good thing.

Qualifying for last Sunday's Major gave a great chance to boost the bankroll significantly by simply cashing. It was not to be, unfortunately. I was pretty much card dead and hovered around starting to double starting stack throughout. Finally busting with 66 vs A5 which was a bit frustrating. Hey ho. Hopefully another chance comes along again soon.

There's been two smallish wins since last update. A small freezeout and - what seems to be my most successful - the £1r - winning that 3 times in the last couple weeks.

Most of the other games have been rather uneventful. Also, unlike the early stages of this challenge, I haven't even been picking up many bounties. It's feeling a bit sluggish at the moment, and that's probably why the updates have been less regular. As yet, I've not had a win in any of the tournaments with bigger prizepools (The Minis and the £500+ guarantees) that I've been playing. I'm hopeful one of these will happen soon.

In other news, the pub poker league that I played prior to Covid is resuming this Monday. That means, I will no longer be able to play the Forum Triple Takedown, which is a shame, as it really is a very good value set of tournaments.

On to the results;

Days 31 - 35

Day 31

Day 32

Day 33

Day 34

Day 35

Starting BR: £250
    Played: 314
    Staked: £1,166.10
    Winnings: £1,452.31
    Av. Stake: £3.71
    Av. Winnings: £4.63
    ITM: 58
    ITM%: 18.47%
    ROI: 24.54%

Total Profit: £286.21
    Total Used tickets/bonuses/credits: £19.30

Current BR: £555.51

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    It's another week down, and that means I should provide another update.

I'm feeling upbeat again. Tonight was a rather decent outing, with 3 FT + 1FT bubble from 7 games. Unfortunately, just couldn't get that allusive win. It was the biggest daily profit in a while, I think.

On Thursday there was a close call in one of the biggest tournaments I play, reaching the FT. The good thing was I picked up a decent number of bounties, and taking one from a player who had already took 12 along the way. That boosted the BR quite a bit.

I'll take one down eventually I am sure. Patience is the key.

Tomorrow, I am looking forward to playing live poker again, even though it will just be a small pub game. That means, I will have to probably miss the Monday night schedule on Sky for the foreseeable. I may be able to squeeze in the two tea-time freerolls though.

One last positive note. The BR has now just broken the £600 barrier. And very nearly reaching peak level again (taking away the Sunday Major Freeroll win). Hopefully it can continue a little more before hitting another, sluggish, long-ish, breakeven-ish spell.

Days 36-38

Day 36

Day 37

Day 38

Played: 338
    Staked: £1,265.25
    Winnings: £1,597.15
    Av. Stake: £3.74
    Av. Winnings: £4.73
    ITM: 63
    ITM%: 18.64%
    ROI: 26.23%

Total Profit: £331.90
    Total Used tickets/bonuses/credits: £19.30

Current BR: £601.20

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Now that my side-challenge is complete. I can concentrate on updating this one a bit more regularly.

And what a couple of weeks it has been. Managed to win 4 tournaments, with a couple of 2nd places and few more FT appearances.

The BR has taken a lovely boost.

On top of that, the pub poker league has started with a bang. First week was a non-event, but the last two have saw a 2nd and 1st.

AND

After winning the MML and placing in the daily forum comp last week, I'll be freerolling the ultimate goal tomorrow night... winning a piece of the final table jackpot.

Poker life is swell at the moment.

This coming month, I am thinking of adding in some of my old go-tos - DYMs - in order to maximise my chances in the Golden Ticket Promotion.

Results since last update;

Days 39-45

Day 39

Day 40

Day 41

Day 42

Day 43

Day 44

Day 45

Played: 414
    Staked: £1,536.10
    Winnings: £2,133.06
    Av. Stake: £3.71
    Av. Winnings: £5.15
    ITM: 80
    ITM%: 19.32%
    ROI: 38.86%

Total Profit: £596.96
    Unused tickets/bonuses/credits: £33 + £5.50
    Total Used tickets/bonuses/credits: £23.90

Current BR: £870.86

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

Fabulous results Dazzy. It's so refreshing to see people talking positively about their poker.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Absolutely smashing it @thedazzman , some great results over the past few weeks. Long may it continue for you!

Can't help noticing that on Day 42 and Day 43 you played all the same tourneys and got the exact same results. What are the chances of that...? :tongue: I'll let you off with that clerical error. :smile:

See you at the tables mate!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Asho28 said:

Absolutely smashing it @thedazzman , some great results over the past few weeks. Long may it continue for you!

Can't help noticing that on Day 42 and Day 43 you played all the same tourneys and got the exact same results. What are the chances of that...? :tongue: I'll let you off with that clerical error. :smile:

See you at the tables mate!

That's just poker variance, I can't help that!!

In all seriousness, that's what happens when you get lazy and need to update a load of days at once.

Fixed now & Thank you
  • Options
    This thread is long overdue an update, me thinks. So here goes.

Having a bit of a rough patch on the playing front this month, it made it quite difficult to find motivation to update. As predicted, I started to include my old go-tos - DYMs - at the £11 level, specifically to quickly build points for the Golden Ticket promotion. It's one of the only promos I've had much luck with in the past.

It started out okay for the first week or so, where I broke even-ish with them. Then Boom. The downswing started. Like a full speed steaming locomotive. About £160 in less than 30 games. Which can be totally expected, especially with TDYMs. It just put a dampener on things after undoing a lot of the previous hard work quite quickly. Along with the poor return from the few MTTs I was playing, admittedly and embarrassingly, a little tilt-driven, I sat down at some spin-up tables. An old habit that has been totally absent for quite some time. Fortunately, after a couple of good outcomes, I quickly came to my senses and gave up on that very silly idea.

Since then, the good news is that, the DYM and point building exercise has resulted in clawing back that downswing. The bonus on top was winning a silver and bronze ticket in the promo worth £120. One week to go with that promo. Fingers crossed for another ticket to my name. For the rest of the week, I should maintain the maximum number of entries for the draw, to optimise my chances.

On the MTT front, it has been rather uneventful with only a few final tables and no wins. And only a single HU result the day after the last update. A pretty sluggish September for MTTS. I did however, have a shot at one of the main events using a ticket won from a forum comp. Heehaw returned.

Right now, I am extremely pleased and delighted with the overall progress of this challenge. Especially so that I have only really played micro MTTs. With the BR now a bit healthier, I am thinking of perhaps including some of the £11 MTTs into my schedule. With the possibility of even trying my luck winning my way into into the main events etc via satellites. I am a little hesitant though. Why change a winning formula? But to progress in my poker journey I should take some shots, especially if I am hoping to reach the target 5k BR by the year's end.

I guess that's us updated. Remember I'm always open to any questions. Feel free to fire away.

Since last update, results are;

MTT

Played: 107
    Staked: 416.95
    Winnings: 362.93
    ITM: 22
    ROI: -12.96%
    Profit: -£54.02

SNG

Played: 221
    Staked: 2,343.55
    Winnings: 2,330.00
    ITM: 121
    ROI: -0.58%
    Profit: -£13.55

Cash

Sorry, no specific stats. I haven't built them into my spreadsheet.

Profit: 234.85

Bonuses/tickets/rakeback

£33 Ticket | MML (1st)
    £5.50 Ticket | Daily Forum Comp (3rd)
    £2.30 | Weekly Reward ticket
    £100 | Silver Ticket
    £7.61 | Weekly Rakeback
    £20 | Bronze Ticket
    £8.44 | Weekly Rakeback
    £5.50 | Gifted PLO8 Ticket (Thanks again @coo1-um )

Total: £182.35

===================

TOTALS

Tournies
    Played: 743
    Staked: £4,299.90
    Winnings: £4,825.99
    Av. Stake: £5.79
    Av. Winnings: £6.50
    ITM: 223
    ITM%: 30.01%
    ROI: 12.23%
    Profit: £526.09

Cash Games
    Profit: £234.85

tickets/bonuses/credits: £206.25

Current BR: £1,217.19

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    "With the BR now a bit healthier, I am thinking of perhaps including some of the £11 MTTs into my schedule. With the possibility of even trying my luck winning my way into into the main events etc via satellites. I am a little hesitant though. Why change a winning formula? But to progress in my poker journey I should take some shots, especially if I am hoping to reach the target 5k BR by the year's end."

I think it's definitely worth taking a few shots at £11s and possibly even higher, but in moderation. Your results in the past have proven you can do well in some of the bigger games (didn't you win the summit on one occasion?), but you also don't want to start quickly undoing the good work by taking too many shots. Like you said, why change a winning formula which has got the bankroll ticking along nicely?
    It depends how desperate you are to make the 5k at the end of the year and whether you would view not making it to that milestone as failing to challenge. But even if you didn't, the challenge has been a huge success for you so far, at least in my opinion.

Really great progress with this mate, hope it continues to go well. :smile:
  • Options
    @Asho28

Because of my work and a few other things, my only full free evenings are now Tuesdays and Thursdays, so the higher buyins will naturally be in moderation. I have though played a couple of the 7@7s in my last couple of sessions, and got close a couple of times.

You have a very good memory indeed. Yes I did win the summit [via a satellite] a couple months ago. Probably during the last online SPT, as I was quite eager to win a seat and that is the only time I have ever played any satellites, other than the odd one-off thing. And from memory, during that period, I actually did quite well with the satellites. Until I rebought too many times in a few of those, in my opinion, silly, frenzy types. So if I were to start playing them again, I'd just stay away from those.

As for the BR target, that figure was really just plucked out of thin air. A number I thought would be quite challenging, yet possible if most things went reasonably well. And if I did succeed, I'd be thrilled.

For years, up until around the start of Covid lockdown, I've always been a regular depositor - the complete opposite of a bankroll nit - on poker sites. And for the first time ever, I've went months and months playing from the same deposit. So, I am not overly desperate to reach that BR target, but it would be lovely to do so. Other than that, maintaining a bankroll, for as long as possible, to continue playing sensibly would probably be the ultimate goal.

In the coming weeks, I'll be sure to take some shots to see how it goes. If it goes well, excellent. If not, I can easily revert and no real major harm will be done.

Thanks as ever for the comments.

Good luck at the tables.
  • Options
    This thread has been somewhat neglected a bit in recent months. My play since last update has totally went against what I was thinking of doing. I didn't take any shots at any £11 MTTs nor played in any satellites. I simply continued playing mostly TDYMs as a point building exercise for the final week of Golden Ticket promotion, and then, Streak Week was announced. Heck I might as well try win a prize in that as well - I thought - after being fairly happy with the results during golden ticket month.

In the final week of golden ticket, I was drawn my 2nd silver ticket. That was a total of £220 from that promotion. I was absolutely buzzing. The best result from any promotion ever.

Then streak week began. I anticipated traffic would be significantly higher, especially at the non-turbo format, so decided to concentrate on those to try get on at least one of the leaderboards, since I've had several winning periods in the past playing DYMs. Unfortunately, that anticipation didn't come to much and I was stuck playing mainly the turbo variety, which I am not so keen on, because the swings can be huge. Luckily, I don't think there was much of a downswing during the promotion (at least not until the last 100 of so) so I could continue playing them knowing that anything won from the promotion was a pure bonus as I wasn't in an overall deficit from the games.

The first week, went as well as I could ever imagine. If I was to choose which leaderboard to run well at, it would have been the highest, of course. And when my streak of 10 at the £11 level held out for most of the week to tie in 1st. I was totally surprised and even more delighted than I was during Golden Ticket. That was worth £800!!

THEN, in week two, a streak of 11 in the £5.50 was good enough for 4th place, worth £140, AND another streak of 10 at the £11 level was good for a tied 3rd place. That was worth £233.33.

On top of those wonderful bonus prizes, I gained some nice chunks of rakeback. £7.94, £22.80 & £70.20.

In total, £1374.27 has been added to the bankroll before accounting for any actual play. To say I am absolutely over the moon has to be my biggest poker understatement since winning the Summit.

Now for the boring part, the results since last update

==================

MTTs

Nothing noteworthy. Only played 11, and cashed in two, which were both reward freerolls, for £1 and £2.

Total
    Played: 11
    Profit: -£40.99

==================

SNGs.
    £1.05 Heads-Up (Speed) | Played 5 | Won 3 | Lost 1
    £1.10 DYM | Played 4 | Won 3 | Lost 1
    £1.10 TDYM | Played 59 | Won 29 | Lost 30

£2.20 DYM | Played 2 | Won 0 | Lost 2
    £2.20 TDYM | Played 64 | Won 33 | lost 31

£3.30 DYM | Played 8 | Won 3 | Lost 5
    £3.30 TDYM | Played 59 | Won 29 | Lost 30

£5.50 DYM | Played 10 | Won 9 | Lost 1
    £5.50 TDYM | Played 84 | Won 45 | Lost 39

£11 DYM | Played 17 | Won 8 | Lost 9
    £11 TDYM | Played 555 | Won 307 | Lost 248

£22 TDYM | Played 1 | Won 1 | Lost 0

Total
    Played: 868
    Profit: -£7.85

==================

Bonuses, RB, Tickets Etc.

£7.94 | Weekly RB
    £100 | Golden Ticket Promo (Silver)
    £22.80 | Weekly RB
    £800 | Streak Week (£11 / Tied 1st)
    £70.20 | Weekly RB
    £140 | Streak Week (£5.50 / 4th)
    £233.33 | Streak Week (£11 / Tied 3rd)

Total: £1374.27

==================

TOTALS

Tournies
    Played: 1,622
    Staked: £11,623.05
    Winnings: £12,100.30
    Av. Stake: £7.17
    Av. Winnings: £7.46
    ITM: 695
    ITM%: 42.85%
    ROI: 4.11%
    Profit: £477.25

Cash Games
    Profit: £234.85

tickets/bonuses/credits: £1580.52

Current BR: £2,542.62

Thanks for reading.