You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fathers Day, And Head Girl Renamed?

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905
edited June 2021 in The Rail
St Paul’s Girls’ School ditches ‘binary’ head girl

St Paul’s Girls’ School will axe the role of head girl because it is too “binary”.

The 26,000-a-year school, in Hammersmith, will replace the role with “head of school” in order to make it more inclusive.

The school counts actress Rachel Weisz and UK vaccines supremo Dame Kate Bingham among its famous alumni.

According to The Times, the change will take effect from the next academic year.

However the move has sparked backlash from some staff members, who claim it sends the message “that girls now have to be ashamed to be seen as girls”.

One source said: “Why do the girls have to change their name?

“They should be teaching young women to be proud of their sex, not ashamed of it. It’s very contradictory.

“How can you be a single-sex school that exists to empower girls to do well and at the same time support girls to identify out of being a girl?

“The school is trying to do the right thing but the problem is they are being badly advised. Why would parents want to send their daughters to a school where girls are not happy to be girls?”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/st-pauls-girls-school-binary-head-girl-b941501.html

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    Worlds gone totally Dagenham
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,618
    The Creme The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie .....bullying & spitting far more serious.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    But the school is named after a bloke.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905

Worlds gone totally Dagenham

Furious mother blasts nursery after they renamed 'Father's Day'

A furious mother has blasted her three-year-old toddler's nursery for teaching that 'men don't matter' after they renamed 'Father's Day' as 'Special's Day'.

Karla Gardner's daughter Daisy handed a handmade collage to her ahead of Father's Day on Sunday, but Karla was shocked when she saw 'Father' had been replaced.

The 36-year-old praised her three-year-old for the painting she made for dad Ed Odametey, 40, but claims she was secretly furious by the 'bizarre' change, as she felt it taught Daisy that 'men don't matter'.

The stay-at-home mum posted the image on a Facebook group, attracting more than 700 comments in the first half an hour, with the picture eventually being taken down by the group's admin for causing too much controversy.

Karla, from Islington, London, said: 'When I read 'Happy Special's Day' it angered me. I loved to see the picture and was smiling, but when [Daisy] wasn't looking, it angered me.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/furious-mother-blasts-nursery-after-they-renamed-father-s-day/ar-AALdvoj?ocid=msedgntp