You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

100 x £2.20 Challenge | Completed | 7 Pence Down

Comments

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935
    Update 2

Played 24/100

Pretty much uneventful thus far. As the results will say.

Hopefully the next update will provide some profit, because all your predictions had a lot of faith in me :D

Here are the results since last update

Played: 24
    ITM: 2

Profit: -£12.65

Please note also, that this is the final chance for anyone else wishing to hazard a guess how many FTs I will reach between the 25-100th game of this challenge. The 25th game will be tomorrow night, probably the 18:05 BH. The closest guess will win a £5.50 mini event ticket. In the event of a tie, the names will be drawn randomly.

Thanks for reading. Good luck at the tables.
  • Options
    Update 3

Played 45/100

Although I've been running quite well the last week or so, the £2 tournament lull continues. I've just about broke even so far in this challenge, with a little more than a half to play.

Since the last update, there was one decent result, coming in 2nd in a 18:05 BH including a number of bounties.

Hopefully by next update, I'll have a few more positive results to share.

Here's the results since last update.

Totals

Played: 45
    Invested: 98.40
    Winnings: 97.27
    ITM: 4
    ROI: -1.15%

PROFIT: -£1.13

SIDE COMP NOTES:

FT Predictions (£5.50 Ticket)

There has been 1 FT since game 25

100th Game Position (£33 Ticket)

As of now, there is only one entry/prediction. So fair chance for anyone to win. If you wish to enter for a chance to win a £33 main event ticket, simply predict in which position (in percentage) I will finish in the 100th tournament of this challenge. The scale being 0% at the top, and 100% being first eliminated. The nearest will win the ticket. I'll accept entries up until the start of the 100th game.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    I'll go for 24% in the 100th game please.
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    100th game 4.21%
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    100th game 12%
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,283
    100th game 83% (sorry), but good luck!
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 777
    100th game = 44% is my guess.
  • Options
    Time for another update to this challenge. I come with not so great news. Still not a lot to report on. I feel I'm letting you guys down, so it seems. You all predicted decent results. Sorry to disappoint, but still about a third to play, so got a bit of time to turn it around.

I haven't even managed to win any more forum competitions for some more prizes to give away.

Results since last update.

Totals

Played: 63
    Invested: 137.60
    Winnings: 116.56
    ITM: 5
    ROI: -15.29%

PROFIT: -£21.04

===================

Another plug for the side competition that is still running.

It free to play and all that is required is to predict, in percentage, where I will finish in the last/100th tournament of this challenge. The closest will win a £33 main event ticket.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Sorry, guys. It's been quite a while since the last update. I'd put that down to having most of the enthusiasm for this challenge being sucked right out me. It's difficult when results are really not happening for prolonged periods.

8 more games to completion. And again, I come with nothing much to report, as shown below.

Totals

Played: 92
    Invested: 201
    Winnings: 142.50
    ITM: 8
    ROI: -29.10%

PROFIT: -£58.50

===================

Side comp updates

I was kindly gifted a bonus prize of a £5.50 mini event ticket from last week's MML competition. As promised, until this challenge completes, I was donating all prizes won from forum comps as prizes during this challenge.

That means there is another up for grabs.

I will offer this additional Mini Ticket as a runner up prize for the prediction of my finish position in the 100th game of the challenge.

There are only 8 more tournaments until that happens, and anyone who hasn't already is welcome to enter their guesses.

I think I will try to make this 100th game one of the 20:00 £500 BH affairs, likely to be Sunday or Next Tuesday. I will most likely have a better idea nearer that time and will update here.
  • Options
    Well here it is guys, the final countdown. One more game to play of this challenge.

FINALLY!! Like a pint of Guinness there is a nice session to report. Winning a BH and another few cashes. That brings the total up to almost bang on break-even. Any cash from the final game should see an overall profit. After a long slug of poor results, I'm glad to get back on track. Just a bit disappointed it came a little late to build any momentum in this challenge.

Tomorrow I will play the 20:00 £500 BH, which will be the 100th and final game of the challenge. Remember folks, there's a £33 and £5.50 ticket riding on this game to whoever can predict nearest to my final position (in percentage). Entries will remain open until 8pm tomorrow for anyone who has missed out thus far.

Results since last update

Totals

Played: 99
    Invested: 216.40
    Winnings: 217.78
    ITM: 12
    ROI: 0.64%

PROFIT: £1.38

• Options
    Some good results there towards the end. Lets hope you can finish it it style with a win.
    A couple of bounties at least would be nice to finish in profit.
    Good Luck.
  • Options
    coo1-um said:

Some good results there towards the end. Lets hope you can finish it it style with a win.
    A couple of bounties at least would be nice to finish in profit.
    Good Luck.

Thank you.

I'd be delighted if this challenge ended with a profit, otherwise it would feel a little bit like a failure and like you, with your recent DYM challenges, I'd feel the need to try again until there's success. I guess that's just my competitive nature coming through.

We shall see...
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Good luck tonight.
    If ever you needed an incentive to do well, the thought of starting again should do it.
  • Options

Good luck tonight.
    If ever you needed an incentive to do well, the thought of starting again should do it.

Thank you.

Very true. I'd definitely would need a break if I were to try again :#
  • Options
    And just like that, the challenge is over.

Last night's final game in the £500 BH unfortunately only resulted in 1 head prize. And that was picked up quite early on. It was an encouraging start, but slowly fizzled out without much more action. And that was that. Finished in 52nd from 280 entrees.

If I am being honest, it could have been much more enjoyable with a few more positive results to report in this thread. I guess it wasn't to be on this occasion. Perhaps I'll try again further down the line.

Here are the stats for the whole challenge;

Tourneys Played: 100
    Total Staked: £218.60
    Winnings: £218.53
    ITM: 12
    ROI: -0.03%
    FTs: 7
    Wins: 1

TOTAL PROFIT: -£0.07

-----------------------

Now that those boring bits are out of the way, let us move on to what you have all been waiting for. The results from the side-comps of this challenge.

-------

MAIN SIDE-COMP | Total Profit/Loss

Coming in at a loss of 7 pence, and ROI of -0.03%. @The--Don is the only player to guess this range. Well done, you win a £33 main ticket.

-------

BONUS SIDE-COMP#1 | Number of Final Tables Between Games 25-100

@coo1-um is the winner of this £5.50 mini ticket for correctly guessing 5 final tables. Well done.

-------

BONUS SIDE-COMP#2 | Finishing Position In 100th Game

Ending in 52nd from 280 meant that my finishing position was 18.57%. This winner and runner up were very close with their predictions. @dragon1964 predicted 24%, out by 5.43% and @Red_King predicted 14% being slightly further out with 6.47%.

Well done @dragon1964 You win a £33 Main Ticket

&

@Red_King your runner-up prize is a £5.50 Mini Ticket.

-------

Congratulations all. To claim your prizes, please post in this thread stating which tournament you'd like to play and @Tikay10 will kindly arrange them. Thanks again, Ghetto Punk B)

Please let us all know how you do with your prizes. My fingers are crossed for you all. Good luck!

Thanks to all who took part in my side-comps, commented, and supported this challenge.

See you at the tables
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Enjoyed following the challenge progress, was a great thread, cheers @thedazzman
  • Options
    burden09burden09 Member Posts: 40
    i reckon a loss minus 32
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196
    edited August 2021
    Terrific thread @thedazzman, well done mate, & thank you for donating those prizes. Amazing to play all those games & have so much fun for a cost of 7 pence.

Prize winners now need to let mew know what they wish to play, & when, & I'll do the rest. 48 hours notice please.
  • Options
    @thedazzman Well played, as @Tikay10 said great value for 7p and a sweat for all.

Nice choice of the 100th game, i only registered for it as it was the final game in your challenge but sadly never came across your table.

Great to see the generosity of the additional tickets, my guessing must be better than my game as i picked up a £5.50 mini ticket, @Tikay10 can i use this for registration into the mini tomorrow (Tuesday) please.

Best of luck in your next challenge venture and good luck to the other ticket winners.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196
    coo1-um said:

@thedazzman Well played, as @Tikay10 said great value for 7p and a sweat for all.

Nice choice of the 100th game, i only registered for it as it was the final game in your challenge but sadly never came across your table.

Great to see the generosity of the additional tickets, my guessing must be better than my game as i picked up a £5.50 mini ticket, @Tikay10 can i use this for registration into the mini tomorrow (Tuesday) please.

Best of luck in your next challenge venture and good luck to the other ticket winners.

@coo1-um

Yes, that's fine, leave it with me please.