You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Trump.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905
‘My God, this is some street-level mobster stuff’: Lawyers on what we know now about the Trump Organization

While Trumpworld — and to be fair, much of the media — is waxing lyrical about how unprecedented it is for a former president’s company to face criminal charges, experts are describing the allegations laid out in the 24-page indictment as anything but. Instead, they compare the charges to that which would be filed against your garden-variety fraudster.

One experienced New York lawyer — a former prosecutor who once worked under Attorney General Letitia James — was aghast at the base nature of the crimes Trump’s eponymous corporation has been accused of committing.

“As I was reading the indictment, the one thing I kept thinking was: ‘My God, this is some street-level mobster bulls**t,’” they said. “Two sets of books? That’s like ‘how to commit tax fraud 101’ at crime college.”

While many extremely online liberal commentators have long expected a Trump Organization indictment to include counts for exotic and rarely charged financial crimes, the 15-count indictment against Weisselberg and the Trump Organization lays out a relatively simple scheme. According to prosecutors, the company allegedly kept a separate set of financial records (an “internal spreadsheet”) that detailed funds used to pay for Weisselberg’s rent, car payment, and other personal expenses, but which were different than the records used to prepare tax returns for him and the company.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/my-god-this-is-some-street-level-mobster-stuff-lawyers-on-what-we-know-now-about-the-trump-organization/ar-AALG3Qw?ocid=msedgntp

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905
    Trump mocked for still bragging about ‘woman, man, tv, dog’ cognitive test results

Appearing on Fox News with Sean Hannity on Wednesday, Mr Trump continued to boast about the test given by former White House physician Randy Jackson, now a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

“We aced it,” Mr Trump said. “I think we can say I aced it.”

The test in question is an exam given to people who are in the early stages of dementia to understand how far they’ve declined, while an actual cognitive test is usually much longer and normally conducted by an expert.

Mr Trump told Fox News last year that the test was “difficult” and that he had to remember simple words like “Person, woman, man, camera, TV”.

“It was 30 or 35 questions. The first questions are very easy. The last questions are much more difficult. Like a memory question,” Mr Trump said at the time. “It’s like, you’ll go, ‘Person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ So they say, ‘Could you repeat that?’ So I said, ‘Yeah. So it’s, Person, woman, man, camera, TV. OK, that’s very good’. If you get it in order, you get extra points.”

Rachel Vindman, a podcast host and wife of Trump impeachment witness Alexander Vindman, tweeted: “Is…this the second time he’s done this *today*?”

“So I guess his people are just gonna let him keep talking about this even though it’s a cognitive test for dementia,” another Twitter user added.

“He sincerely is proud of that test. How could he be so totally unaware of how much we have laughed about it?” a third added.

“I don’t know who needs to hear this... but if you’re an adult or anyone over the age of 4, and you take ANY kind of test that starts with ‘is this an elephant’, you should not be bragging about it. At all. To anyone. Ever,” an account holder identifying as a Democrat tweeted.

“Ted Cruz Poodle” added: “You know that test they give ppl after stokes & major head injuries? The one nursing homes use to determine independent vs assisted living? The test for potential dementia & Alzheimer’s patients?”

“He’s so **** proud of passing that dementia test. It’s like being proud of having a heartbeat or a body temperature. All normal people would pass that test,” another Twitter user said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/trump-mocked-for-still-bragging-about-woman-man-tv-dog-cognitive-test-results/ar-AALFuKz?ocid=msedgntp