You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Variance Ouch Ouch Ouch

JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Well, since I started playing Poker I have heard people talk about "Variance"  

Well it has struck, with great gusto,  I'll write about it on my Blog "On Kilt",  but by God, it hurts.  I've kept a record of some of the incidents  (19 of them) that have led to the destruction of my Bank Roll.

Anyway suffice to say I shall detail the experience in the blog and the steps that I intend to take to get over it.

But for those of you that have experienced it,  I feel for you...

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Variance Ouch Ouch Ouch:
    Well, since I started playing Poker I have heard people talk about "Variance"   Well it has struck, with great gusto,  I'll write about it on my Blog "On Kilt",  but by God, it hurts.  I've kept a record of some of the incidents  (19 of them) that have led to the destruction of my Bank Roll. Anyway suffice to say I shall detail the experience in the blog and the steps that I intend to take to get over it. But for those of you that have experienced it,  I feel for you...
    Posted by JockBMW

Poker is fun!!!
  • Options
    agboyagboy Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2010
    its a weird thing aint it! ive been running really hot recently, then the last couple of days have been woeful! latest tourney exit k 10 vs j 10, j hits on flop! never mind thats what makes it such a great game i guess! i just decide to call it a night when i feel the cards arent running great!
  • Options
    bcfc1897bcfc1897 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Variance Ouch Ouch Ouch:
    Well, since I started playing Poker I have heard people talk about "Variance"   Well it has struck, with great gusto,  I'll write about it on my Blog "On Kilt",  but by God, it hurts.  I've kept a record of some of the incidents  (19 of them) that have led to the destruction of my Bank Roll. Anyway suffice to say I shall detail the experience in the blog and the steps that I intend to take to get over it. But for those of you that have experienced it,  I feel for you...
    Posted by JockBMW
    know how u feel..

Last 3 exits of mine-

My 55 lost to Q8os
    My AQos lost to J5s
    My QQ lost to Q10s

After 3 beats i call it a day...regroup and give it another bash another time
    Gl
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Variance Ouch Ouch Ouch:
    In Response to Variance Ouch Ouch Ouch : know how u feel.. Last 3 exits of mine- My 55 lost to Q8os My AQos lost to J5s My QQ lost to Q10s After 3 beats i call it a day...regroup and give it another bash another time Gl
    Posted by bcfc1897
    Not really "beats"
  • Options
    luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Variance Ouch Ouch Ouch : know how u feel.. Last 3 exits of mine- My 55 lost to Q8os My AQos lost to J5s My QQ lost to Q10s After 3 beats i call it a day...regroup and give it another bash another time Gl
    Posted by bcfc1897
    agree with previous poster - 2 of these aren't beats

55 vs q8os - near enough 50 50 pre flop
    AQ vs J5s - isn't that 60 40 in your favour pre flop?

• Options
    edited March 2010
    As a point of technicality, the flopped nut flush versus flopped straight flush is a cooler not a beat.
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited March 2010
    As a point of technicality, the flopped nut flush versus flopped straight flush is a cooler not a beat.
    Posted by beaneh

Still hurt though lol 

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Variance Ouch Ouch Ouch : Still hurt though lol 
    Posted by JockBMW

Yup of course but money wasn't in ahead so it's not quite a beat, it's just one of those ones where the money goes round in circles depending on who has what hand.