You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

why is dumb play and donks calling any two when there shouldnt be in the hand always rewarded vs me

PikeyDavePikeyDave Member Posts: 8
edited July 2021 in Poker Chat
honestly cannot think of a game or a day ive been on here and something stupid has happened fair enough its not the losing which winds me up its the way of it , i for one im sick of raising 3 - 4 big blinds with premium hands just for people to call with any old rubbish and end up making 2 pairs or 3 of a kinds and taking my hole stack it really is like the dumber and stupider you play on this site the more luck and rewards you get , im not tilting playing stupid or changing my game after losses but the past week or two on here ive never seen such disgusting luck and stupid play being rewarded vs me ever and its really starting to make me hate the game , the site and the players on it , dont know if you to stick to my game or just start calling blind and hoping for luck as it works for others any help would be necessary .

Comments

• tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,590
    Welcome to my daily world. Sometimes it gets better. Sometimes not. Play or not to play that is the question?
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    So you join skypoker @ 20:55 & post @ 20:59 complaining? Mmhhh?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,996
    PikeyDave said:

honestly cannot think of a game or a day ive been on here and something stupid has happened fair enough its not the losing which winds me up its the way of it , i for one im sick of raising 3 - 4 big blinds with premium hands just for people to call with any old rubbish and end up making 2 pairs or 3 of a kinds and taking my hole stack it really is like the dumber and stupider you play on this site the more luck and rewards you get , im not tilting playing stupid or changing my game after losses but the past week or two on here ive never seen such disgusting luck and stupid play being rewarded vs me ever and its really starting to make me hate the game , the site and the players on it , dont know if you to stick to my game or just start calling blind and hoping for luck as it works for others any help would be necessary .

2 quick points:-

1. Poker, like all the best games, has a good balance between luck and skill. If bad plays never got rewarded, I would never make money from bad players. We all get frustrated with the way the cards fall sometimes. But if people didn't call with any old rubbish, I would still have to work :)

2. Your name is offensive. Sky really need to crack down on people using offensive racial slurs in their name
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Essexphil said:

PikeyDave said:

2 quick points:-

1. Poker, like all the best games, has a good balance between luck and skill. If bad plays never got rewarded, I would never make money from bad players. We all get frustrated with the way the cards fall sometimes. But if people didn't call with any old rubbish, I would still have to work :)

2. Your name is offensive. Sky really need to crack down on people using offensive racial slurs in their name
    Why so angry towards the name Dave?
  • alyssammyalyssammy Member Posts: 61
    this happens daily and 7 days a week dave every hand paired or flush boards, every hand you say, yes always big hands, no i dont think sky is rigged in any way, but i do think sky dont care how people play like cos like anybody want to make quick money, my honest opinion is i think their rng is a cheaper version as ive been told their is different versions, there is no skills involved on sky as bad play happens all the time, and rewarded most of the time. but i play for the love of the game fun and seriously. so my advice would be mark players what they play with then play accordingly either stay away from the player or keep bets low so easy to get away from the hand, and the excuses people come out with like someone played 38 the reply was i never lose with them lol gl on the tables people
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Stupider

Is a good word
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Yeah drives me insane i wish everyone would play optimally vs me all the time and never make random out of line plays or take bad bluffing lines would make the game great if everyone played perfect and we all broke even minus rake.

Calling with any two works 28% of the time... everytime
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,027

I'm really intrigued by the suggestion of Sky Poker using "a cheaper RNG".

I wonder how that works? Who exactly gains an advantage? Does it somehow favour better players, or deliver more flushes & straights maybe? Only shuffles half the pack, perhaps, to save on electricity costs?
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    I'm not gonna come here and lecture anyone, but recently in my life I took some mental health sessions this was for IRL issues rather than poker issues, but the number on thing the lad I work says to me is "focus on what you can control"

We can bring this line into poker easier than anything else. In each decision we have 3 options, fold/call(or check)/or raise, This is literally all we control. These 3 little things. Each of these 3 decisions effect the outcome of the hand.

Everything else, from the hand we're dealt, to the board and our opponent is out with our sphere of control. So to use a hand as an example I played the other day, I got a guy to stack 150bb on the turn with nothing but a straight draw. No live cards etc. So I've got a 300bb pot here with an 81% chance of winning, according to the calculator. Now on this occassion the opponent got there, but ignoring that, what have we managed within our control. We've got an opponent to put all their chips in with J high - of 6 high if we're just counting their cards. By our realms of control we've struck the jackpot. But the opponent still has 19% meaning that 1 time in 5 roughly we're going to lose out on that massive pot. But we can't focus on that. What we can focus on is the decisions we made through the hand and look at the positives. In this instance and I think this is a great hand to look at hense using this as an example, we've extracted every single penny out of this hand that we can and thus over the course we run this spot a million times we make alot of chips/money.

Try not to worry about anything else, what the opponent is doing, thats their choice, what the board brings, see if theres a way you can lose less in a given spot, or if you've not made enough, or if you've got every single penny and got ul. The latter is the best case scenario because if thats the case we're printing.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Tikay10 said:

I'm really intrigued by the suggestion of Sky Poker using "a cheaper RNG".

I wonder how that works? Who exactly gains an advantage? Does it somehow favour better players, or deliver more flushes & straights maybe? Only shuffles half the pack, perhaps, to save on electricity costs?

You only get the ‘R’ and the ‘N’ in the “ cheaper version” 😁
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    The_Don90 said:

I'm not gonna come here and lecture anyone, but recently in my life I took some mental health sessions this was for IRL issues rather than poker issues, but the number on thing the lad I work says to me is "focus on what you can control”

These are words of wisdom, they seem so straightforward to those who don’t struggle daily.
    To those who do struggle , it’s so so difficult to put into practice.
    It’s heartbreaking to see someone struggle with life, poker is so trivial in comparison.

Wasting time thinking about the outcome of results is exactly that... wasted time.

Investing time into how to play the correct ranges from certain positions and cbet frequency etc... is an investment

However those who don't see this unless naturally talented at formulating strategies will never prosper.

Poker is very much like the normal economy where 5% of the population make 90% of the money... do you want to work to be in the 90%? Cool get to it. Do you just want to play and have fun... Great.. poker is a **** of a game and good for cognitive development... do you want to put too much money on the line without any real understanding of variance or the skill aspect and instead moan about the rng, luck, how other people choose to play... then you probably need to reasses you priorities .
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    does a 5 year 'downswing' Qualify 🤔

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,333
    misterpj said:

You won't be getting your money back your 30 days has expired.
    Its only a downswing when your fundamentals are correct and leaks are plugged... otherwise your just a losing player or behind the curve and you will just lose at varying speeds depending on how good or bad you run
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,145
    misterpj said:

Sorry don't see the issue here 2 2 is behind at all points, unless I'm missing something.

Nothing to see here move on.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,027

@TheEdge949

A set of deuces is the nuts - except for 4 better sets, all the flushes & all the straights...
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    please allow me, to share with the Top Table
    what 'we see' in the 'deep end'
    no rhetoric, just the Poker
    might be something to see, today

2 hours deep, plenty outs, impossible call, was it the flopped straight flush

the Oracle Above, at pains to highlight the number of 'outs'
    more than fair enough, perhaps a comment or two, on this then
    2 1/4 hours deep, 10 runners left, just the spot you play disciplined poker waiting for, like snapping off the All In on the flop, 6s On v 9s Against ( 1/6 v 9/1 to win hand)
    but that'll be just Variance, rofl

Todays 06.30 £5.50 bounty hunter, near an hour deep, FT back to back hands (enjoy)

you might as well see the 'small stacks exit hand, lol,who flopped top two pair!

bh, 25k + stack v 2k stack @ 14.01& same player
    3 way All In @ 14.03 same player
    (turn river runner runner spade flush to the K)

Above, just the Au Derve
    The main course,which knocks the above into a 'cocked hat' for you to enjoy in one's natural habitat, beats & variance.
    if I could be so bold, below is reference a different debate, back in March
    (space aliens)
    think he just might, now? should he seek proof, tis in the rail 🤔
    thanks all.

Quads, very popular today!

• eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    go away
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    @misterpj why you posting the hands here when you could be discussing them with your coach who I am sure is a real person that exists!