You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

still has not changed with the made up scanarios on here after posting last week .

2»

Comments

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,785
    PikeyDave said:

someone care to tell me why im raising 3x the blinds and getting called by jack 2 and jack 3 and 9 6 off suit and im losing all 3 of the hands on the river , the donks only play to get their money off me it really is hillarious how bad people can play and how bad the hands are people call and get unreal luck , yet one bad call and out i go .. the variance on this game is unbelieveable not going to lie really really muggy .

Research LUCK (variance),

then learn how to manage your stack, learn how to play in and out of position, implement these ideas by getting involved in more hands for the right price, play some great music, remember this is fun......get lucky.....then win.

ps. the more you play, the worse it gets, your mental game (like mine) needs much more work and resilience. your negative frame of mind is holding you back.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

PikeyDave said:

someone care to tell me why im raising 3x the blinds and getting called by jack 2 and jack 3 and 9 6 off suit and im losing all 3 of the hands on the river , the donks only play to get their money off me it really is hillarious how bad people can play and how bad the hands are people call and get unreal luck , yet one bad call and out i go .. the variance on this game is unbelieveable not going to lie really really muggy .

then learn how to manage your stack, learn how to play in and out of position, implement these ideas by getting involved in more hands for the right price, play some great music, remember this is fun......get lucky.....then win.

ps. the more you play, the worse it gets, your mental game (like mine) needs much more work and resilience. your negative frame of mind is holding you back.

Great post by @green_beer
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,785
    edited September 2022
    Tikay10 said:

PikeyDave said:

Great post by @green_beer
    first time in my life someone said "great post" to me.

think im gonna screen shot that bad boy! thanks very much.

HAHA
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    All men think they are expert at three things: driving, sex and poker.

2/3 ain't bad.
  • Options
    radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 136

radzer02 said:

Wouldn't pay much attention, everyone knows how he plays. Raises a lot of hands usually poor ones, wins with them and not a peep, loses against them kind of hand he usually plays and cries. Will call out a player for playing a similar hand he literally just played

The fact help was offered and not taken just shows he thinks he's better than he is and can't accept losing

maybe he/she just doesnt use skype...or they freak out at the thought of facing reality or something like that....lotsa reasons why not adding someone on skype, including the one you suggested o/c.

imo the problem the person is having is not understanding the impact of luck or the variance (as we like to call it) and the notion of what skill is......imo all us mere mortals struggle with those 2 concepts......

when we win we think "skill" instead of "sh it look how lucky i was hitting all them draws, sucking out or holding up" and when we lose we think bad luck, instead of " why did I make that play, he clearly had me beat when he reraised that river"

ps. nae wonder I usually keep my thoughts to myself, sometimes i gibber a lotta fish.

Or they haven't seen this yet as they are logged in with their other account Pippymax
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I think the use of the phrase 'arrogant ballbags', suggests he does see things correctly!

Dominated aces in an all in situation is a particular problem on all sites, its one of the subtle write ins for hold em to control poor player losses. I mean who would call an all in preflop with A3 off, with 50BB.... only a poor player unable to fold an ace.... extremely bad for business for those hands to be losing at the odds they should (3 times in 4).

I would say dominated aces are a favourite all in preflop online, across all sites in my vast experience.

However. your post is telling us clearly that you are playing majorly tilted, i would suggest a few days out and come back with a clear head... i have to do this alot!
  • Options
    radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 136
    Worst player on here and whinges the most.