You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Betting/Tips - Season 3 BR £787

Comments

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    MP33 said:

Predictions for the big game at tea time? :)

Just noticed your shirt avatar - Traitor - Thought you were Preston. Isn,t it Brigg you live?

I think i might do a little bet based around goals, cards and corners

Preston have been known this season for their 00s early on but playing more attacking now and have done in all their Derbys this season and have to win.

Scorewise it could be anything though. Very hard to predict. Will Blacburn be happy with a draw?
    Yeah I live in Bamber Bridge. My mother's side of the family are from Blackburn & my sis brought me up a Rover :)

Gutted to only get a point - second time in 3 days a late equaliser has done us - very costly!!

Don't think either team is anywhere near good enough for the Prem though, tbh
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited April 2023
    Didn,t manage to lay Mansfield as much as i would have liked. Only saw scores at half time when they were 2-1 down but had £50 @ 1.82 on Leyton Orient but absolutely gutted it stayed like that. (10 men as well from 62nd min for Leyton Orient)

Its now out of their hands but theres some interesting ties above them this week and anything could still happen. We have between about £800 and 1.3k resting on it so will keep an eye on in running on Saturday

Profit £41

BR £699
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Good luck dude. I'd like Nigel to take them up.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    And were in profit for the season

It could go horribly wrong for Mansfield tommorow so we are cashing out our main bet for £463

BR £1162

£100 Treble @ 6.93

Middlesbrough Top 6
    Sheff Weds Top 6
    Mansfield Top 7
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,502

@MP33

Nice work, well done.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Excellent result @MP33, been following your journey. You have also earned me a few ££
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Thx Guys , Always nice to hear others winning

It did go horribly wrong for Mansfield losing at home to lowly Harrogate and to compound that Bradford and Salford got difficult away wins and teams higher than them in table and with a lot to play for.

They can still get a play off place mathematically but big odds now - Would still be nice for my other bet but that requires Preston to finish in top half which is now in doubt also

Another one which actually came in a while ago was the single on Sheff Utd

£50 Sheff Utd Top 6 @ 6/5 (Bet365)

BR 1272

PS Just seen Kane is 14/1 to got to Chelsea (by the end of summer transfer window) Interesting
  • Options
    2 inplay bets - Just kicked off

Celtic vs Rangers

£10 over 3.5 goals @ 2/1

£20 over 2.5 goals @ 1.8

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Dissapointing Scottish cup but these bets have been trusted winners in previous posts (first two) so we,ll stick with them

£10FB Harry Kane header @ 10/1 (Sky boost)

£10 Fabinho card @ 11/4 (Paddy enhanced price)

£10 Salah 1 SOT Kane 1 SOT , over 9 corners and Lpool win @ 5/1 (Hills dbl odds)

£25 Salah and Kane 1 SOT each @ 5/4 (Bet365 super boost)

£20 Liverpool win , Salah goal and BTTS @ 10/3 (bet365) (2 up payout)

getting a bit carried away now - last bet £20

• Options
    Staked £115 + £10 FB
    Returns : £144,91

Profit : £29.91

BR £1301.91
  • Options
    No bets this wekend but when we settle up we,ll start a new BR challenge for next season . Same again start with 1k

Used my boost on Paddy Power but like this price and may put more on Big Sam to get Leeds job FT

• Options

Sigh , More bets down as Mansfield lose out by goal difference of 1 for a top 7 place.

Only got 2 bets left - Preston Top Half for about £40 and Man City to win league for £170

I,m not convinced Preston will get anything today and if Watford win they may not be in top half so just laid it off with this bet

BR £1291

Won,t be betting playoffs. Target was just to beat 1st seasons ROI which we,ve done. Just want to get bets wrapped up now and start looking for next season with new roll
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Little bonus today thx to Bpool beating Norwich away even though they were down already

It means Preston hang on to a top half finish in 12th despite the £10 double coming in as well.

£14 Preston top Half 7/4 (Unibet - restricted)

+£37.50 profit on double
    +£38.50 paid on Preston bet

BR £1367 with 1 bet left £100 on Man City at 1.7
  • Options
    Only 5 minutes to go but can,t ignore an epic odds on Hills

Leeds vs Newcastle

£10 Isaak 1 SOT @ Evs (Hills)

£10 Isaak and Wilson 1 SOT each @ 2/1 (Sky boost )
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Last ante-post bet of the season finally confirmed (Can,t see Martinelli getting player of the year - still think he's underated though)

£100 Man City to win league @ 1.7 (Betfair Ex)

Obv Haaland will get it but personally i think Hary Kane would have done just as good a job if he was playing for Man City

We,ll probably add a cpl more small bets in last weekend but wont be much . Already got some ideas for ante-post next season so looking forward to getting on with season 3

BR £1497
    FB £5
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I fancy James Maddison for a SOT or 2 so had a cpl of little bets

£10 Maddison + Almiron a goal or assist each @ 8/1 (Paddy Boost)

£5 Isaak to score from outside area @ 14/1 (Paddy boost)

£10 Maddison 1 SOT and Trippier 1 foul @ 7/4 (sky)

£10 B Guimares 3 fouls @ 7/2 (sky boost)

£5 J Maddison to score @ 6.6 (Betfair Ex)

Staked £50

Maybe best waiting for line ups though
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,037
    Why are Maddison and Barnes not starting in such an important game?
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Why are Maddison and Barnes not starting in such an important game?

Both dropped.

"What a huge call from Dean Smith to leave his two most talented players on the bench, just the second time this season that neither player has featured for the Foxes. Interestingly, Leicester only win in the last 14 leagues games came against Wolves, when neither Maddison or Barnes played.

And it looks like a change in formation, Leicester lining up in a 3-5-2, or a 5-3-2, depending on how you look at it."
  • Options

We need to be harder to beat. The last few games we’re trying to win, but watching Newcastle’s last few games, they are so strong from set pieces and we wanted an extra centre back [Souttar]. The lads [Maddison and Barnes] are disappointed but I’d expect them to be. They see the bigger picture here.

What’s interesting from those quotes is that Smith is not going all out for the win. A draw here tonight means Leicester would stay up with win over West Ham on the last day if Everton fail to beat Bournemouth.

Certainly the first part of that equation – Leicester beating West Ham – seems very likely. Despite Leicester’s woeful form, West Ham have a European final to prepare for on 7 June, and it would not be a shock to see David Moyes rest a few key faces. Also, there will be a few West Ham players that will want to avoid injury, with such an important game to come.

A lot of ifs/buts/maybes, there. But I think Leicester going for a draw tonight, rather than trying to go toe-to-toe with Newcastle, is quite smart. Risky, of course, as Everton could easily beat Bournemouth.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,037
    In all my worldly experience of managing Premier League teams I'm of the understanding that if you set out or play for a draw you're gonna lose but hey it could be a master or disaster stroke, my guess is it's gonna be the latter.