You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Afghanistan

24

Comments

  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    Foreign Policy? No such thing.
    You’re either in their club, or you’re not.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    edited August 18
    Give it a year, China will have railways or roads or both up and running in Afghanistan.
    Investing in the country,making the West look like idiots.
    All in the UN plan.


    That’s why there was no fighting or destruction on their way in.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 7,426
    Media doing what the media does


  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 7,426
    Tikay10 said:


    image

    More social media users saw this coming than the US & UK governments.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    This threads got legs👍








  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    VespaPX said:

    Media doing what the media does


    90% of the media stories are fake news.
    Then there are folk out there that believe the media companies when they say the alternative media is fake🤣
    I think I need to squeeze in a couple more🤣🤣

  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    Obama made propaganda legit.
    That’s why Politicians don’t get pulled up for lying,by the lying Media.

    An example. Is this misinformation,disinformation or what?


  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    Since Obama made it legit, the foreign correspondents , especially in war zones, are no more than actors. They act out the agenda for sensationalism and for their wonga.
    Take the Sky guy in the Italian hospital,and dear old Fergus in the London hospital.
    Dressed for a moonwalk .

    Anyway, let’s get back to Chinastan.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143

    On reflection we can confirm that, following the condemnation of Prince Harry, Meghan and British MPs, we offer our unconditional surrender'
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    HAYSIE said:


    ‘ **** on earth?’ This Kim chappy has obviously not seen much action, and obviously never went to Syria or the Yemen.
    ‘ Every single person in the parachute regiment was in tears?’ Really?
    ‘ Taliban fighters have been confronting British troops on nearby roads?’Really?
    The cameras failed to show any of that,only showing those that don’t want to stay being vetted.
    Never saw warplanes buzzing anything.

    A nice piece of misinformation/ disinformation/ propaganda. Top class.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143
    chilling said:



    HAYSIE said:


    ‘ **** on earth?’ This Kim chappy has obviously not seen much action, and obviously never went to Syria or the Yemen.
    ‘ Every single person in the parachute regiment was in tears?’ Really?
    ‘ Taliban fighters have been confronting British troops on nearby roads?’Really?
    The cameras failed to show any of that,only showing those that don’t want to stay being vetted.
    Never saw warplanes buzzing anything.

    A nice piece of misinformation/ disinformation/ propaganda. Top class.
    Newspaper headlines: MPs condemn US president, and Johnson 'humiliated'










    The Parliamentary debate on Afghanistan is the main story for most of the papers - with many focusing on the criticism aimed at Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab.

    "Asleep at the wheel", is the headline in the Metro. For the Guardian, it's "Johnson humiliated".

    The Guardian says the prime minister faced a wall of fury from all wings of the Conservative Party, with 11 former cabinet ministers among the dozens of MPs and peers expressing anger and frustration at the UK's failures in intelligence and preparation.

    A number of papers also highlight anger at Joe Biden - with the Daily Telegraph headline: "Parliament holds the president in contempt". It describes the criticism as an unprecedented rebuke to a US president.

    An unnamed cabinet minister tells the Times the US failure to realise that Afghanistan was on the brink of collapse shows that America is "looking inward and is unwilling to do even a modest amount to maintain global order".

    The minister adds: "The US remains by far and away our most important ally, but we are not Washington's most important ally by some stretch."



    The Daily Mail urges Dominic Raab to "seriously consider his position" after reporting that that he failed to make a phone call while he was on holiday to seek urgent help airlifting interpreters out of Afghanistan.

    According to the paper's main story, senior officials in the Foreign Office advised last Friday that he should make immediate contact with the Afghan foreign minister - and not pass on the task to a junior minister.

    The Foreign Office tells the paper that Mr Raab was engaged on a range of other calls and this one was delegated to another minister.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-58264267
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,226
    HAYSIE said:

    chilling said:



    HAYSIE said:


    ‘ **** on earth?’ This Kim chappy has obviously not seen much action, and obviously never went to Syria or the Yemen.
    ‘ Every single person in the parachute regiment was in tears?’ Really?
    ‘ Taliban fighters have been confronting British troops on nearby roads?’Really?
    The cameras failed to show any of that,only showing those that don’t want to stay being vetted.
    Never saw warplanes buzzing anything.

    A nice piece of misinformation/ disinformation/ propaganda. Top class.
    Newspaper headlines: MPs condemn US president, and Johnson 'humiliated'










    The Parliamentary debate on Afghanistan is the main story for most of the papers - with many focusing on the criticism aimed at Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab.

    "Asleep at the wheel", is the headline in the Metro. For the Guardian, it's "Johnson humiliated".

    The Guardian says the prime minister faced a wall of fury from all wings of the Conservative Party, with 11 former cabinet ministers among the dozens of MPs and peers expressing anger and frustration at the UK's failures in intelligence and preparation.

    A number of papers also highlight anger at Joe Biden - with the Daily Telegraph headline: "Parliament holds the president in contempt". It describes the criticism as an unprecedented rebuke to a US president.

    An unnamed cabinet minister tells the Times the US failure to realise that Afghanistan was on the brink of collapse shows that America is "looking inward and is unwilling to do even a modest amount to maintain global order".

    The minister adds: "The US remains by far and away our most important ally, but we are not Washington's most important ally by some stretch."



    The Daily Mail urges Dominic Raab to "seriously consider his position" after reporting that that he failed to make a phone call while he was on holiday to seek urgent help airlifting interpreters out of Afghanistan.

    According to the paper's main story, senior officials in the Foreign Office advised last Friday that he should make immediate contact with the Afghan foreign minister - and not pass on the task to a junior minister.

    The Foreign Office tells the paper that Mr Raab was engaged on a range of other calls and this one was delegated to another minister.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-58264267
    All orchestrated.
    The rise in rail fares is shameful.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143
    In bid to save face, Foreign Office said crucial call to save Afghan translators' lives was delegated to a junior minister. Now they admit - NO one rang... and Dominic Raab's job hangs by a thread




    Dominic Raab's job was hanging by a thread last night as it emerged the crucial phone call that was delegated to a junior minister never took place. Tory MPs yesterday joined a ferocious backlash against the Foreign Secretary over his failure to intervene while on holiday to help airlift translators out of Afghanistan. The Mail revealed yesterday that Mr Raab had been advised by officials to interrupt his luxury trip to Crete on Friday to urgently contact his Afghan counterpart. The Foreign Secretary, however, failed to make the call and it was 'delegated' to the duty Foreign Office minister Lord Goldsmith. It was thought the telephone conversation had then taken place the following day. But in an explosive development last night it emerged the call had never actually taken place. The Foreign Office admitted that as the Afghan regime collapsed, it had proved impossible to rearrange. The revelation will intensify the pressure on Mr Raab, who yesterday faced a clamour to consider his position and resign.



    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9909923/Raab-ropes-Foreign-Office-admit-NO-one-rang-call-save-Afghan-translators-lives.html


    The true face of the Taliban: police chief who fought the insurgents is handcuffed, blindfolded and forced to kneel before being brutally executed in a hail of bullets

    GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING:

    https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/08/19/9094835419576748014/636x382_MP4_9094835419576748014.mp4

    Shocking video footage apparently shows General Haji Mullah Achakzai, the police chief of Badghis Province near Herat, being gunned down by the Taliban. The grey-haired commander was reported to have been arrested by the Taliban after they seized the area, near the Turkmenistan border, in their lightning advance late last week. The disturbing clip was re-tweeted by former BBC Persia journalist Nasrin Nawa after it emerged on the feed of an apparent resistance group to the Taliban called @PanjshirProvince.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9909327/The-true-face-Taliban-police-chief-fought-insurgents-executed-hail-bullets.html



    Taliban is intensifying hunt for Afghans who worked for US and UK as they go door-to-door to threaten relatives, UN report warns despite the terror group's claims of an 'amnesty'



    Jihadists are going door-to-door to threaten relatives of civil servants, interpreters and other consular staff, while other militants are even stopping people outside Kabul airport.


    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9908961/Taliban-intensifying-hunt-Afghans-worked-UK-warns.html
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143
    chilling said:

    HAYSIE said:

    chilling said:



    HAYSIE said:


    ‘ **** on earth?’ This Kim chappy has obviously not seen much action, and obviously never went to Syria or the Yemen.
    ‘ Every single person in the parachute regiment was in tears?’ Really?
    ‘ Taliban fighters have been confronting British troops on nearby roads?’Really?
    The cameras failed to show any of that,only showing those that don’t want to stay being vetted.
    Never saw warplanes buzzing anything.

    A nice piece of misinformation/ disinformation/ propaganda. Top class.
    Newspaper headlines: MPs condemn US president, and Johnson 'humiliated'










    The Parliamentary debate on Afghanistan is the main story for most of the papers - with many focusing on the criticism aimed at Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab.

    "Asleep at the wheel", is the headline in the Metro. For the Guardian, it's "Johnson humiliated".

    The Guardian says the prime minister faced a wall of fury from all wings of the Conservative Party, with 11 former cabinet ministers among the dozens of MPs and peers expressing anger and frustration at the UK's failures in intelligence and preparation.

    A number of papers also highlight anger at Joe Biden - with the Daily Telegraph headline: "Parliament holds the president in contempt". It describes the criticism as an unprecedented rebuke to a US president.

    An unnamed cabinet minister tells the Times the US failure to realise that Afghanistan was on the brink of collapse shows that America is "looking inward and is unwilling to do even a modest amount to maintain global order".

    The minister adds: "The US remains by far and away our most important ally, but we are not Washington's most important ally by some stretch."



    The Daily Mail urges Dominic Raab to "seriously consider his position" after reporting that that he failed to make a phone call while he was on holiday to seek urgent help airlifting interpreters out of Afghanistan.

    According to the paper's main story, senior officials in the Foreign Office advised last Friday that he should make immediate contact with the Afghan foreign minister - and not pass on the task to a junior minister.

    The Foreign Office tells the paper that Mr Raab was engaged on a range of other calls and this one was delegated to another minister.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-58264267
    All orchestrated.
    The rise in rail fares is shameful.
    They do look like babies.

    US troops fire shots into the air and use teargas on desperate crowds as chaos at Kabul airport enters fifth day: Taliban block Westerners from reaching flights and Afghan mothers give their BABIES to soldiers

    https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/08/19/17952625579671708/636x382_MP4_17952625579671708.mp4

    Westerners and visa holders trying to flee Afghanistan cannot get into Kabul airport today because of 'huge crowds' of 'terrified locals' who are blocking the entrances, MailOnline has been told. Paul Farthing, a British ex-Marine who now lives in Kabul, described the situation as a 'clusterf***' - saying at least one British and one Canadian ex-pat have been forced to turn back from the airport already today, adding that he cannot even get as far as the Taliban checkpoint before the airport because there are so many people. Australian and Canadian citizens also said it is 'not possible' to reach the airstrip because there is 'lots of firing' and 'too many people'. UK defence secretary Ben Wallace insisted that Taliban guards are letting people through checkpoints, but those on the ground painted a very different picture - saying Islamists appeared to have little idea who to allow through while dishing out beatings, lashings and firing shots seemingly at random (left). Such is the desperation among crowds at the airport that women have resorted to passing babies over barbed wire to soldiers in a vain attempt to get them out of the country. Meanwhile the UN warned that fighters are going through crowds to hunt down anyone they suspect of working with US or British troops for 'punishment' - despite publicly insisting there will be no reprisal attacks.


    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9907573/Afghanistan-evacuation-Chaos-continues-Kabul-airport.html
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143
    EXCLUSIVE: 'A little girl is dead because the world turned away from us': The Afghan girl, 14, who was trampled to death in stampede at Kabul airport as she tried to reach evacuation flight



    Marzia Rahmati was trampled to death at Kabul airport on Monday as the crowd panicked at the sound of gunfire, just hours of the city fell to the Taliban.


    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9907997/EXC-little-girl-dead-world-turned-away-Afghan-girl-14-dies-Kabul-stampede.html
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143
    Sick 'Kabul skydiving club' t-shirts mocking the refugees who fell to their deaths from departing military planes are slammed online



    The T-shirts feature the slogan 'Kabul Skydiving Club, Est 2021' next to silhouettes of the C-17 plane and falling stowaways, and are being advertised just three days after the tragedy


    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9909749/Sick-Kabul-skydiving-club-t-shirts-slammed-online.html
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 17,143
    The Afghan teen who chose to die clinging to plane rather than live under the Taliban: Football player, 19, with an influencer-style social media profile is identified as boy who tried to cling to landing gear of US jet and was found dead in wheel



    The remains of Zaki Anwari, 19, were discovered in the wheel well of a US C-17 transport aircraft when it arrived in Qatar after taking off from Kabul with despairing Afghans clinging to the fuselage on Monday (pictured: playing for the national team, left; dozens surrounding the plane on Monday, right; and Mr Anwari in a recent social media post, inset). The athlete is believed to be among several people who died after clambering onto the jet as it took off, with harrowing video showing bodies tumbling to the ground as the plane climbed into the sky. The United States Air Force later said in a statement that the pilots decided to proceed with takeoff because of the 'rapidly deteriorating security situation around the aircraft.' The horrifying scenes of young men sat on a fin below the plane's turbine as it barreled down the runway, only to then fall hundreds of feet to their deaths, will likely become the defining image of Joe Biden's disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan. Mr Anwari's death was confirmed by the General Directorate of Physical Education & Sports of Afghanistan, according to Ariana News.


    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9908157/Afghan-football-player-19-died-trying-cling-landing-gear-evacuation-flight.html
Sign In or Register to comment.