You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cambridgshire - Shakespeare Scenario - To bet or not to bet?

We all know Wonderful Tonight goes for the hundreth running of the Arc De Triomphe on October 3rd.
She has her prep race this Sunday in the Prix Vermeille. The ground is key to her performance, at the moment it's good to soft which is a plus but a heavy downpour between now and Sunday would be a bonus.
But this race is to get her 100% for the big day so a defeat would not be the worst result.

Myself, I'm fascinated by the Cambridgeshire. SOTO SIZZLER would not be an obvious choice for anyone!
It has won three times in it's career each time over 12 Furlongs.
3 Furlongs more than the Cambridgeshire. His best performance this year a 2nd at Epsom after a fourth at Kempton.
Most experts would put a line through the horse without a second thought.

But if you look at all its races this season all but two have been over 12 Furlongs the other two being over 11 and 10 Furlongs.
If you watch each of the races. You will find the horse led or was in the front rank until the final furlong.
which shows he has the speed and the stamina to run a big race!

At the moment he's guaranteed a run with a very low weight being 34th of 35 in the standings.
His modus operandi is to lead, so it is unlikely he'll fall into the graveyard of unlucky losers through interference as they should be happening behind him. At 50/1 for 5 places and possibly 8 places on the day.
I think he's a good punt.
Especially as Nuits St Georges had a similar profile when placing in the November Handicap.

Having said all that its only an opinion and friends with greater knowledge than me, tell me Royal Marine has been laid out for the race and cannot lose.

You pay your money and take your choice! Good luck!

Comments