You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Pet hates

Comments

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Players who don't use Nostri's hand history tool to share hands

;)
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Jac35 said:

Enut said:

Bad drivers (i.e. most drivers).
    Compinanies that have the telephone message 'due to unprecedented demand/due to COVID we may be some time/a few days/may not even bother before we answer your call'. When you have heard those messages month, after month, after month, you know they are going to do **** all to address the fact that they don't give two hoots.
    Professional footballers.

Can never change this and i know I will be shouted down with lots of good reasons but i can never get my head round this

The average annual salary for a Neurosurgeon in United Kingdom is £97216

The average salary of a Premier League football player is about £50,000 per week

It’s obscene. I would love to see a wage cap of 10k a week. It would still be fabulous money that players earned

Incredibly skilled people saving lives daily earn in a year what a Watford player earns in a couple of weeks
    Would you also like to see wage caps in other entertainment industries?

Film actors, TV presenters, singers, models etc etc

It's always Premier League footballers that get drawn into trivial wage comparisons, other highly paid people and industries seem to get a pass.

Obviously I agree that PL footballers are paid obscene amounts of money, relatively speaking. But the game is flooded with money, and the players plying their trade in the Premier League are at the top of their profession. Not to mention the likely sacrifices they will have made en-route to get to the top. So although they are extremely well paid, I don't begrudge them taking home sums of money nearly all of us can only dream of.

And remember, most footballers won't make £50k a year, let alone £50k a week.

Daniel Craig was reportedly paid £15m for the latest Bond film.
    It would take Neurosurgeon 150 years to earn that.
    Why isn't Daniel Craig capped at £250k per film?
    Why aren't Ant and Dec capped at £100k a year instead of the millions that ITV pay them just to present television shows?
    Why is the average hospice nurse getting paid in a year what Gary Lineker makes in a week? One deals with end of life care, the other reads from an autocue.

Nothing is more draining than when the ''give soldiers footballers wages'' posts do the rounds on social media....because yeah it's really as simple as that.

The futility of salary comparisons.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,478

Jac35 said:

Enut said:

Bad drivers (i.e. most drivers).
    Compinanies that have the telephone message 'due to unprecedented demand/due to COVID we may be some time/a few days/may not even bother before we answer your call'. When you have heard those messages month, after month, after month, you know they are going to do **** all to address the fact that they don't give two hoots.
    Professional footballers.

Can never change this and i know I will be shouted down with lots of good reasons but i can never get my head round this

The average annual salary for a Neurosurgeon in United Kingdom is £97216

The average salary of a Premier League football player is about £50,000 per week

It’s obscene. I would love to see a wage cap of 10k a week. It would still be fabulous money that players earned

Incredibly skilled people saving lives daily earn in a year what a Watford player earns in a couple of weeks
    Would you also like to see wage caps in other entertainment industries?

Film actors, TV presenters, singers, models etc etc

It's always Premier League footballers that get drawn into trivial wage comparisons, other highly paid people and industries seem to get a pass.

Obviously I agree that PL footballers are paid obscene amounts of money, relatively speaking. But the game is flooded with money, and the players plying their trade in the Premier League are at the top of their profession. Not to mention the likely sacrifices they will have made en-route to get to the top. So although they are extremely well paid, I don't begrudge them taking home sums of money nearly all of us can only dream of.

And remember, most footballers won't make £50k a year, let alone £50k a week.

Daniel Craig was reportedly paid £15m for the latest Bond film.
    It would take Neurosurgeon 150 years to earn that.
    Why isn't Daniel Craig capped at £250k per film?
    Why aren't Ant and Dec capped at £100k a year instead of the millions that ITV pay them just to present television shows?
    Why is the average hospice nurse getting paid in a year what Gary Lineker makes in a week? One deals with end of life care, the other reads from an autocue.

Nothing is more draining than when the ''give soldiers footballers wages'' posts do the rounds on social media....because yeah it's really as simple as that.

The futility of salary comparisons.
    Yes, i think i would
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,031
    The phrase "lessons will be learnt"
  • Options
    Local journalism

They used to be good. Now our local journalist just C&Ps from the mail

Particular hates are everytime a manager speaks he’s either “sending a message” or “breaking silence”
  • Options
    The Pink Panther

As a child i took an instant dislike to the Pink Panther
    I believe i was wise beyond my years.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I did like The Litttlest Hobo although i did have big issues with it not being the Smallest Hobo

Good theme tune as well
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,205
    So called REALITY TV CELEBS.

Not relevant, no use and totally bereft of cerebal quality.

You're only famous in your own lunchtime, get a grip you publicity seeking waste of air.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,154
    Adding 'e' for no reason....good example is a perfectly usable word such as whisky... ;):wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Twattty dances

Oops upside your head and the conga

I remember being a 10 year old at weddings and seeing elderly relatives limp to the dance floor and lower themselves to the ground and wave their arms around

“What the fxxk are they doing?” i thought at the time
    I approve of my 10 year old thoughts. It was ridiculous
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,773

@Jac35

You must love The Birdie Song.....
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Oh bloodyy hell1
    I’d forgotten that
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,205
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Oh bloodyy hell1
    I’d forgotten that
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Oh bloodyy hell1
    I’d forgotten that
    Agadoo or the Music Man more your thing then @Jac35 ? or even Superman ! :D:D
  • Options

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Oh bloodyy hell1
    I’d forgotten that
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Oh bloodyy hell1
    I’d forgotten that
    Agadoo or the Music Man more your thing then @Jac35 ? or even Superman ! :D:D
    I like to reach for the stars
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    James "all sit down", that done ma box in.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    edited October 2021
    rabdeniro said:

Done to death
    Tim Booth refuses to sing it live he hates it
    Good band though and i'm having this played at my funeral
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ_ePY2CjRw
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,055
    stokefc said:

rabdeniro said:

Done to death
    @stokefc that's a good idea for a new thread 'My Funeral Song' get it going.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    lucy4 said:

stokefc said:

rabdeniro said:

Done to death
    @stokefc that's a good idea for a new thread 'My Funeral Song' get it going.
    Haha , it's a bit depressing though @lucy4 , i was told i had a buoyant nature , i quite like that tag
    If you start the thread i will add my three songs for sure ,go on you know you want to ;)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,170
    My Funeral Song

THE CLASH .......'SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO' ;):D

Actually anything by THE CLASH will do :)
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    MISTY4ME said:

My Funeral Song

THE CLASH .......'SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO' ;):D

Actually anything by THE CLASH will do :)

Go, quietly….💩