You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Calling out all pokerplayers

candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
edited July 2009 in Community Suggestions

Hi guys,
its me again. I hope very much that you are all fine and dandy and that you are getting the max out of your poker playing experience.
`
you may have seen my other post `Star Skypoker player` and some of you have given some great comments and suggestions which have been very interesting and thought-provoking-thankyou all.

however, i have created this new post (although it is linked to the above) as i would like to now hear your suggestions for tourneys that you think would be fair (or as fair as what can be reasonably expected) to determine this year`s Star Skypoker player 2009.

Many Thanks

In the meantime, may i wish you all lots of luck and some laughs at the tables!

lots of love

Candi xxxx

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    Well it would HAVE to be a deepstack tournament to remove as much luck/variance as possible.. How players would get into the trny i dont know... possibly a kind of "knockout" all players willing to play in it get put into say 5 different trnys (entry dependant) and then top 3/4/5 again entry dependant, go into the main final
  • Options
    dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    I dont think there can ever be such a thing as "Best Poker Player" determined by one event - even just keeping it simple there is cash and tournaments. Within tournaments you have STT and MTT and then within each of those there are variants - someone could be a brilliant STT player and someone else a brilliant MTT player but it doesnt make one the best player just because they play more games or higher stakes or whatever.

The only way to do it would be to have lots of different categories for each variant of poker and it would become quite laborious then.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Calling out all pokerplayers:
    Well it would HAVE to be a deepstack tournament to remove as much luck/variance as possible.. How players would get into the trny i dont know... possibly a kind of "knockout" all players willing to play in it get put into say 5 different trnys (entry dependant) and then top 3/4/5 again entry dependant, go into the main final
    Posted by FlashFlush

Hi hunni and thankyou for your response. Thats a really good idea and very well thought out!  When you say ` 5 differnt tourneys hunni do you mean type?

In the meantime hunni

take care and lots of luck at the tables

lots of love

Candi xxxx
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I dont think there can ever be such a thing as "Best Poker Player" determined by one event - even just keeping it simple there is cash and tournaments. Within tournaments you have STT and MTT and then within each of those there are variants - someone could be a brilliant STT player and someone else a brilliant MTT player but it doesnt make one the best player just because they play more games or higher stakes or whatever. The only way to do it would be to have lots of different categories for each variant of poker and it would become quite laborious then.
    Posted by dowzer
    Hi hunni and thankyou for your thoughts.

I know what your saying, there are many different types of players, tourneys, etc i know. But what i have in mind is a very relaxed and fun type of poker that is fun as well as challenging. Maybe we could have an award for the differnt types of tourneys?

In the meantime take care and i wish you all the best on the tables

lots of love

Candi xxxx
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited July 2009
    Hi Candi,
    It would be great to be involved in this type of tourneys.

Due to the diversity of play perhaps you could set up a monthly or weekly medal league with the first month being deepstack, second month speed, third month bounty, fourth month sit an go then cash etc etc and then all winners go into a final perhaps heads up.

What do you all think?
  • Options
    dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    A possible way of doing it wolud be something like a decathlon where each player entered has to take part in each different event (cash, stt, dym, mtt, deep etc etc) and then gets awarded points based on their finish - that way the best all round player should come out on top.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    A possible way of doing it wolud be something like a decathlon where each player entered has to take part in each different event (cash, stt, dym, mtt, deep etc etc) and then gets awarded points based on their finish - that way the best all round player should come out on top.
    Posted by dowzer
    This idea is coming up time and time again on the forum... i think it will be very succesful.. i started a thread called WSOSP (world series of sky poker) with the same idea... this has also just been brought up in the £500 deepstack league thread, where we shud have a mixture of events... this is definatly something for sky to look at as its been mentioned so many time in different threads..!!! .. Please mr Sky_Rich could you look at this and forward it on to Bernie etc etc.. :-) ..
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Calling out all pokerplayers : This idea is coming up time and time again on the forum... i think it will be very succesful.. i started a thread called WSOSP (world series of sky poker) with the same idea... this has also just been brought up in the £500 deepstack league thread, where we shud have a mixture of events... this is definatly something for sky to look at as its been mentioned so many time in different threads..!!! .. Please mr Sky_Rich could you look at this and forward it on to Bernie etc etc.. :-) ..
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all suggestions i will forward this thread on to Mr. poker for consideration!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hi Candi, It would be great to be involved in this type of tourneys. Due to the diversity of play perhaps you could set up a monthly or weekly medal league with the first month being deepstack, second month speed, third month bounty, fourth month sit an go then cash etc etc and then all winners go into a final perhaps heads up. What do you all think?
    Posted by Torryladd
    Hiya hunni and thankyou for your response. I think your ideas are very constructive and i believe that Sky Rich is going to put all suggestions to Mr poker. M any thanks hunni and lets hope we see something come from what we have suggested.

In the meantime all the very best at the tables!

Lots of Love

Candi xxxx
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Calling out all pokerplayers : This idea is coming up time and time again on the forum... i think it will be very succesful.. i started a thread called WSOSP (world series of sky poker) with the same idea... this has also just been brought up in the £500 deepstack league thread, where we shud have a mixture of events... this is definatly something for sky to look at as its been mentioned so many time in different threads..!!! .. Please mr Sky_Rich could you look at this and forward it on to Bernie etc etc.. :-) ..
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi flashFlush and thankyou for you reply hunni.  The mixed event type tourneys i agree is something that is being brought up all the time and is a really popular idea. I believe that Sky Rich has looked at this thread and is going to put all suggestions to Mr poker.

Many Thanks again hunni

May i wish you lots of luck on the tables

lots of love

Candi xxxx
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Posted by dowzer
    Hi hunni

Excellent idea and one which is coming up regularly in the forums. I believe Sky Rich is going to put all suggestions forward to Mr poker.
    Thankyou hunni and all the very best of luck at the tables!

Lots of love

Candi xxxx
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Calling out all pokerplayers : Hi guys, Thanks for all suggestions i will forward this thread on to Mr. poker for consideration!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hiya Rich and thankyou for your reply hunni to this post. As i said, it is something that is talked about alot amongst the players in the forums hunni. Thankyou so much for putting this thread forward for consideration.

We await with eager anticipation!

Lots of Love

Candi xxxx
  • Options
    Sky_BernSky_Bern Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2009

Hi all,

Rich has given me a new moniker, Mr Poker….but I think I’ll stay with Bernie!

Anyway thanks for all your posts and idea’s which are always welcomed. We are currently looking at different types of tournament formats we can run over the next few months and we  will be trying to build on the great fun you all had in the SCOOP festival run last year. I promise I will keep an eye this and other threads to ensure all your suggestions are put into the poker pot.

So please keep the ideas / suggestions coming and I promise I will update you all once any decisions are made.

All the best,

Bernie

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Hi all,   Rich has given me a new moniker, Mr Poker….but I think I’ll stay with Bernie!   Anyway thanks for all your posts and idea’s which are always welcomed. We are currently looking at different types of tournament formats we can run over the next few months and we  will be trying to build on the great fun you all had in the SCOOP festival run last year. I promise I will keep an eye this and other threads to ensure all your suggestions are put into the poker pot.   So please keep the ideas / suggestions coming and I promise I will update you all once any decisions are made.   All the best,   Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thankyou Bernie,
    I think i speak for all my fellow players that your consideration for our suggestions is very much appreciated hunni- we look forward to your update-Many Thanks!

Kind regards and lots of love

Candi xxxx