You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BEAT THE BOOKIES - NFL FULL DAY OF MATCHES SUNDAY

2»

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    EvilPingu said:

rbh112 said:

ill be picking raiders for that and u are a wealth of knowledge. so u bet on NFL ?

Nah, I don't bet on anything these days.

I get much more enjoyment from learning about strategy/tactics (e.g. "Why was the Steelers' fake field goal against the Browns a few weeks ago so terrible?") or history, (e.g. "Why on earth haven't we kicked George Preston Marshall out of the NFL Hall of Fame yet, even though he was a failure as a team owner and an even bigger failure of a human being?") than I get from researching sports betting things and trying to find an edge; I can make just as much, if not more, from Poker than I would from sports betting; I've also got plenty of stuff going on outside of the gambling world to take care of.

I also enjoy watching sports without worrying about "Has this bloke done the thing that wins me money yet?".

So yeah, I don't really have the time or resources to find a big enough sports betting edge to make it worthwhile, and I'm not really motivated to try.
    George Preston Marshall. Now there's a name. Horrid, racist man. Truly vile.

The only good thing about him was the great quote about him from some journalist:-
    "The last of the small-time spenders".

Although his last wife's comment-"The Marshall without a plan" runs it close.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    EvilPingu said:

MISTY4ME said:

I support 49ers .....and Raiders .......especially now they're based in LAS VEGAS (@EvilPingu will hate me for that.......GREAT FACTS btw Pingu :) )

Haha, yeah strange choice to support the 49ers and Raiders given the local rivalry historically. Different conferences though, I guess.

It comes from my time living in the Bay Area of San Fransisco in the mid-90's, though sadly I was there mainly for the Golf Season, so missed all the American Footy and I really regret not staying for at least one game at Candlestick Park

My friends were nearly all Oakland Raiders fans..... but I've followed them much more since I went to Vegas with SKY in 2019, and saw the stadium being built.

Sad that Deebo Samuel has a groin injury ......49ers may well struggle in their next couple of games if he doesn't play :/