You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

help my position!!!

mousie1973mousie1973 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
I have played a few games now from 100 players on average just dont seem to get any further than 30 ish position how do you get past this place?

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    I don't know because i haven't seen you play, but are you playing too tight later on and getting short stacked, remember when the blinds get bigger, so do the bluffs lol, you need to get stealing those blinds, also its good to keep an eye on the average stack in the competition, and your stack size relative to this. Plus as cilla would say, you need a lorra lorra luck.
  • Options
    crow01crow01 Member Posts: 163
    edited March 2010
    regarding your position problem, i suggest the wheelbarrow....
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited March 2010
    Aggression in the later stages of a tourny is key. Don't play too tight at this stage otherwise your likely to be out before the bubble.

If you are on the button and you hit a big pair or hands like AK, AQ, AJ for instance you need to be taking a risk and shoving all in at this point. Don't be scared if you get a caller at this stage, you need one so you can double up, you are still in a good position, however, remember these hands can get beat, so don't be too disappointed if they do, but when you do double up in a tourny at this stage you will be more likely to hit the money.

Also, position is very important at this stage, If you are sat in the seat directly before the two blinds and there are no callers or raisers before you, you need to be raising in this position to try and steal the blinds, you don't have to have a hand to raise in this position (if you do it helps) but they do need a good hand to call.

If the touny is only paying 20 places, imagine in your own mind its only paying 10. give yourself a goal to enable you to keep your aggressive play going. Sitting tight at this stage in a tourny in a big NO NO.

Good luck on the the table - Hope you cash soon.