You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Piers.

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    I had friends who attended this, both vaxxed.
    They attended in regard of no passports, no apartheid.
    Guess those reasons are gonna pi ss ya off.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    chilling said:

I have a driving Licence which if requested I can show as proof that I am entitlrd to drive various vehicles.
    I have a card which I carry to show that I want to donate organs etc after death.
    I have a blood card to show my blood type
    I have a vaccine passport that I carry to prove that I've been double jabbed.

Whats the REAL problem eh?

!st it's deny Covid, then it's anti vax, then it's anti passports.

The Thicket of Theorists continues to flourish unabated.

• Options
    edited December 2021

chilling said:

I have a driving Licence which if requested I can show as proof that I am entitlrd to drive various vehicles.
    I have a card which I carry to show that I want to donate organs etc after death.

What’s your problem with those that don’t want a jab? Please explain.

Are you scared of them?

I’m sure by now,those that wanted jabs, have had them.
  • Options
    Not at all but maybe people should be worried by the unvaccinated because whilst I can give cogent reasons for being jabbed, those who don't want it cannot give a reasonable defence of their position, as is proven by your refusal to answer my question.

So the question as asked remains, "What is the real problem"?.
  • Options

Not at all but maybe people should be worried by the unvaccinated because whilst I can give cogent reasons for being jabbed, those who don't want it cannot give a reasonable defence of their position, as is proven by your refusal to answer my question.

A 99.9% survival rate,same as the flu.
    Chris Whitty said most wont get it,and even then won’t be hospitalised,all ages.

If those that don’t want to drive,don’t apply for a drivers license.
    Same for donor card, blood type,organ donation , etc etc.
  • Options

Are you vaccinated still, or unvaccinated now? The goalposts keep moving.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    For some, it is a question of refusing to be told what they must do.

It is an extension of the threats to refuse to treat smokers, the grossly overweight etc. Of course, in reality while there isn't "vaccine apartheid" (a horrible expression) in an absolute sense, it remains the case that decisons are made due to differing health prognoses.

At its simplest-are you going to give the 1 remaining liver transplant to the ex-alcoholic, or the alcoholic? Whereas refusing to treat the alcoholic at all is just plain wrong.

Attitudes will change, according to risk. I think it is fair to say, on the limited info available, that the extra risk to those fully jabbed from those who choose not to be vaccinated is less than pre-Omicron. Whereas the risk to the unjabbed themselves remains disproportionately high.

I don't want people to be forcibly jabbed. I do want people to be better educated, so that there will be less unjabbed. But there will always be people who will continue to refuse. And, except where there is significant risk to others, I want that to continue. Because, within certain limits, I want people to be able to choose what risks they run.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of so-called Covid passports. Unfortunately, those people who wanted to start a rational debate on that have been hijacked by people who are against vaccinations entirely. Which is a shame.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

For some, it is a question of refusing to be told what they must do.

It is an extension of the threats to refuse to treat smokers, the grossly overweight etc. Of course, in reality while there isn't "vaccine apartheid" (a horrible expression) in an absolute sense, it remains the case that decisons are made due to differing health prognoses.

At its simplest-are you going to give the 1 remaining liver transplant to the ex-alcoholic, or the alcoholic? Whereas refusing to treat the alcoholic at all is just plain wrong.

Attitudes will change, according to risk. I think it is fair to say, on the limited info available, that the extra risk to those fully jabbed from those who choose not to be vaccinated is less than pre-Omicron. Whereas the risk to the unjabbed themselves remains disproportionately high.

I don't want people to be forcibly jabbed. I do want people to be better educated, so that there will be less unjabbed. But there will always be people who will continue to refuse. And, except where there is significant risk to others, I want that to continue. Because, within certain limits, I want people to be able to choose what risks they run.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of so-called Covid passports. Unfortunately, those people who wanted to start a rational debate on that have been hijacked by people who are against vaccinations entirely. Which is a shame.

I’d say my innate immune system is there for all pathogens.
    Are you sure you’re innate immune system hasn’t been compromised?

Forced is the correct term.
    Like you’re going to be forced into using electric vehicles,changing your heating,taxes or bans coming for wood burners,100% something is coming down the pipe for smoking,drinking,price rises for c rap food,and just about everything else.

Some folks make a stand,others roll over.
    Poll tax, miners.

• Options
    chilling said:

Chris Whitty said most wont get it,and even then won’t be hospitalised,all ages.

Same applies to anti vaxxing, anti passport types. Nobody is forcing you to have one but as you cant drive without a license dont fudging well whinge if you cant go to an event or the pub or whatever because you don't have a passport. ITS YOUR DECISION not to, so its not any form of discrimination.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,985

chilling said:

Same applies to anti vaxxing, anti passport types. Nobody is forcing you to have one but as you cant drive without a license dont fudging well whinge if you cant go to an event or the pub or whatever because you don't have a passport. ITS YOUR DECISION not to, so its not any form of discrimination.
    Unvaccinated people who caught Delta have virtually no protection against Omicron infection, lab study suggests - but people who've had it AND been jabbed have incredible 'super immunity'

Britons with antibodies from a prior Delta infection may have no protection from Omicron, a new Austrian study suggests, but if they go to get a Covid jab they may be the best protected of all. Reacting British experts cautioned that the study is small, however some added they would expect boosted individuals to enjoy similar protection to the 'super-immune', without the drawback having to have caught Covid first. In the study, Austrian scientists from the Medical University of Innsbruck tested the blood of people who received two doses of different Covid jabs, and the blood of those who had survived a previous infection from the virus, against Omicron. Blood from so called 'super-immune' individuals, those who had survived a Covid infection and had gone on to get a vaccine and vice-versa, was also tested. In the samples of the blood of Delta survivors, which contained antibodies from the prior infection, Austrian researchers found only one out of seven samples tested managed to inhibit Omicron. This essentially means the antibodies did not recognise Omicron as a threat due to its heavily mutated nature compared to the Delta variant.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10332237/Unvaccinated-people-caught-Delta-virtually-no-protection-against-Omicron.html
  • Options
  • Options

chilling said:

Isolation for positive Covid cases is cut from 10 to seven days releasing up to 280,000 to enjoy Christmas - but unvaccinated contacts must still quarantine for the full 10 days

Isolation for positive cases is cut from 10 to seven days releasing up to 280,000 to enjoy
    NEW The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said infected patients can take the tests 24 hours apart on day six and seven of their isolation period, which if negative means they can stop quarantining. This means the 102,875 people who tested positive on December 15, the 95,058 positive cases the following day, and a further 82,945 people who contracted the virus on December 17, will be free to enjoy Christmas together with loved ones under the new rules. However, unvaccinated adults who have come into contact with someone infected with Covid must still self-isolate until 10 days after their estimated date of exposure to the virus. UKHSA chief executive Dr Jenny Harries (bottom) said anyone with coronavirus symptoms should still get a PCR test as soon as possible.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10334385/Isolation-positive-cases-cut-10-seven-days-releasing-280-000-enjoy-Christmas.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    chilling said:

chilling said:

Are you scared of them?

Unvaccinated restaurant owner who defied shutdown and kept business open dies of Covid

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/unvaccinated-restaurant-owner-who-defied-shutdown-and-kept-business-open-dies-of-covid/ar-AAS81T6?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
    Unvaccinated people who catch Covid are 60 TIMES more likely to end up in intensive care, new research reveals as ministers nervously watch Omicron drive up London admissions towards crucial 400 threshold

And the difference that vaccination makes to the chance of needing intensive care is starkest among older people - who are more likely to suffer serious Covid illness in the first place. Figures from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC), which covers units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, show that between May and November the rate of admission for double-jabbed Covid sufferers in their 60s was just 0.6 cases per 100,000 people per week. But among people of the same age who remained unvaccinated, the rate was 37.3 per 100,000 per week - equating to a relative risk about 60 times higher. Among those in their 50s and 70s there was almost a 30-fold difference in average weekly admission rates between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10344695/Unjabbed-people-catch-Covid-60-TIMES-likely-end-intensive-care.html
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    chilling said:

chilling said:

Are you scared of them?

Anti-vaxxer kickboxing champion known as The Undertaker who refused to acknowledge he had Covid and discharged himself from hospital to treat 'the little virus' at home with oxygen dies aged 41

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/12/26/5759482658900100007/308x174_MP4_5759482658900100007.mp4

Three-time world kickboxing champion Frederic Sinistra died of complications relating to the virus in Ciney, Belgium, weeks after discharging himself from a hospital in Liege (top) and telling followers he would treat his symptoms from home. During his career, Sinistra (right, training) won several heavyweight world and European kickboxing titles (left) - he was recently branded Belgium's 'strongest man'. Sinistra was admitted to hospital in late November after being forced to seek medical help by his coach and posted pictures of himself lying in bed in an intensive care ward with assisted oxygen. Sinistra posted a video on Facebook in which he appeared to be struggling to breathe but wrote in an accompanying caption that he had 'no time to waste with lazy people'. He also railed against government restrictions to contain Covid-19, dismissed the virus and said the 'little virus' would not stop him in social media posts while in hospital. Sinistra was active online until December 13 and his partner announced his death on December 16, though it was not clear exactly when he died.ed his death from respiratory failure on December 16.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10345933/Anti-vaxxer-kickboxing-champion-refused-acknowledge-Covid-discharged-dies.html
  • Options
    chilling said:

Unvaccinated people who catch Covid are 60 TIMES more likely to end up in intensive care, new research reveals as ministers nervously watch Omicron drive up London admissions towards crucial 400 threshold

Figures from the ICNARC show that between May and November the rate of admission for double-jabbed Covid sufferers in their 60s was just 0.6 cases per 100,000 people per week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10344695/Unjabbed-people-catch-Covid-60-TIMES-likely-end-intensive-care.html