You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

This is how conspiracy theory works

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    Conspiracy theorists normally have 1 thing in common. They feel that they have under-achieved or are under-appreciated in relation to their own perception in relation to their ability.

Why else would someone sit at the internet in their pants at 3a.m trying to prove they know more about (for example) medicine than not just doctors, but the leading experts in the field?

Looking back, I think my successes and failures in life (personal as well as professional) mostly boil down to 3 things:-

1. My talent/natural ability (or lack thereof);
    2. My application/willingness to hone whatever skills I may possess (or lack thereof); and
    3. Dumb luck. To use a poker analogy, if I am holding KK and my opponent QQ, I am going to look great about 82% of the time. When he is holding AA, not so much.

My successes have included each of those 3. So have my failures. I bet number 3 features more prominently in my successes and less so in my failures than I like to think.

What doesn't figure prominently in successes or failures is:-

4. Ooh, I never stood a chance, because the illuminati and Big Pharma conspired to stack the deck against me...

Because I am not a "4" kind of person.

And I am not 4 years old.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,873
    Isn't it .... That doesn't sound right .....let's investigate.

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    The OP posted a "conspiracy" tweet from Mr Channing recently.
    Phil is a psychologist now.

Who would have believed it.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,713
    Essexphil said:

Conspiracy theorists normally have 1 thing in common. They feel that they have under-achieved or are under-appreciated in relation to their own perception in relation to their ability.

Why else would someone sit at the internet in their pants at 3a.m trying to prove they know more about (for example) medicine than not just doctors, but the leading experts in the field?

Looking back, I think my successes and failures in life (personal as well as professional) mostly boil down to 3 things:-

2. My application/willingness to hone whatever skills I may possess (or lack thereof); and
    3. Dumb luck. To use a poker analogy, if I am holding KK and my opponent QQ, I am going to look great about 82% of the time. When he is holding AA, not so much.

My successes have included each of those 3. So have my failures. I bet number 3 features more prominently in my successes and less so in my failures than I like to think.

4. Ooh, I never stood a chance, because the illuminati and Big Pharma conspired to stack the deck against me...

Number 3 is all there is. It’s random chance that you were born where you were, to whom you were born to, any ‘natural talent’ you possess is all down to luck and you can bemoan not being more talented, genetically speaking, as much as you can be grateful for what abilities you were born with that others do not possess.

Your application and willingness to study/hone skills is completely dependent on your capacity to do so. Luck again.

When you believe there’s nothing but sequences of luck and no real meaning of free will it really does shine a light on how meaningless any analogies of holding KK are :smiley:

Lucky you.

edited December 2021
    This extract, referring to the epic Adam Curtis documentary I Can’t Get You Out Of My Head is relevant to the OP here I think.

“While researching the film, Curtis interviewed conspiracy theorists in Birmingham, people who believed in “one of the great dream worlds of our time,” the idea that the CIA, Walt Disney and the Illuminati brainwash and control all the major stars. He soon learned that, when pressed, these people didn’t really believe the story. They just loved its epic magical dimensions – an alternative to this “dull, desiccated, grim, utilitarian world.” Their imaginations had taken them somewhere.

“Isn’t it about time the left started recognising that imagination is central to this, that somehow, if you’re going to take people with you, you’ve got to imagine something,” he says. “Sitting in those conspiracy theories, however mad they are, is a sort of truth for a lot of radicals in that you've just got to imagine an epic world. And, if you do, people are fascinated, really.” “

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/adam-curtis-bbc-cant-get-you-out-of-my-head
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,817
    The rabbit holes that the conspiracy theorists (CTs ) get themselves into are due to many things.

I am no psychologist either but Ill have a stab at this.

People who are addicted to conspiracy theories, addicted as in , posting multiple unrelated bat crazy theories multiple time a day often several times an hour.

The addiction is fed from the amount of sources available , the CTs view sources and quote articles from like minded sites with like minded people, they tend to disregard and avoid contradictory articles and views.

Their brains are under developed psychologically when it comes to big things happening in the world.

The scientific information available is beyond their education level so they need to find answers via other sources , they cant tell the difference between good and bad sources.

Im not saying they are less intelligent.

I haven't the intellect nor training to put my finger on it, but there is something educationally lacking.

Take my son for example, hes 10, he watched something on you tube about the moon landing being a hoax , and he spent the next half hour trying to educate me about his discovery .

I would expect a 10 year old to be excited by this discovery.

Maybe the CTs have a 10 year old brain when it comes to worldly affairs and an adult brain when it comes to using a mouse to copy and paste things, i dunno.

bbMike said:

Essexphil said:

Number 3 is all there is. It’s random chance that you were born where you were, to whom you were born to, any ‘natural talent’ you possess is all down to luck and you can bemoan not being more talented, genetically speaking, as much as you can be grateful for what abilities you were born with that others do not possess.

Your application and willingness to study/hone skills is completely dependent on your capacity to do so. Luck again.

When you believe there’s nothing but sequences of luck and no real meaning of free will it really does shine a light on how meaningless any analogies of holding KK are :smiley:

Lucky you.

That is just plain wrong.

Of course where you were born, your family, where you went to school plays a part.

But only a part. Trying to pretend that the choices we all choose to make are irrelevant is just lazy thinking. For some it is easier, of course. But why else are some people with no natural advantages immensely wealthy and successful, and some with everything in their favour fail at everything.

If you deny free will in its entirety, then we are nothing more than robots. Whereas I believe the old Gary Player saying:-

The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    mumsie said:

The rabbit holes that the conspiracy theorists (CTs ) get themselves into are due to many things.

People who are addicted to conspiracy theories, addicted as in , posting multiple unrelated bat crazy theories multiple time a day often several times an hour.

The addiction is fed from the amount of sources available , the CTs view sources and quote articles from like minded sites with like minded people, they tend to disregard and avoid contradictory articles and views.

Their brains are under developed psychologically when it comes to big things happening in the world.

The scientific information available is beyond their education level so they need to find answers via other sources , they cant tell the difference between good and bad sources.

I haven't the intellect nor training to put my finger on it, but there is something educationally lacking.

Take my son for example, hes 10, he watched something on you tube about the moon landing being a hoax , and he spent the next half hour trying to educate me about his discovery .

Maybe the CTs have a 10 year old brain when it comes to worldly affairs and an adult brain when it comes to using a mouse to copy and paste things, i dunno.

Funniest thing i've read in ages
    Cheers
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,554
    edited December 2021
    I always go on about it, but it's a confirmation bias most of the time. They're subconsciously angry, or hate themselves, or are too stubborn to admit they're probably not as intelligent as they think they are, or something along those lines, and need to blame something or someone. So, any little carrot on any little stick, they jump on and become blind to logic and reality because their bias was confirmed. They even think they hit the eureka a lot of the time.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,355
    It's quite simple really, 99% of them are in the words of Alan Partridge " mentalists ".
    Essexphil said:

Of course where you were born, your family, where you went to school plays a part.

But only a part. Trying to pretend that the choices we all choose to make are irrelevant is just lazy thinking. For some it is easier, of course. But why else are some people with no natural advantages immensely wealthy and successful, and some with everything in their favour fail at everything.

If you deny free will in its entirety, then we are nothing more than robots. Whereas I believe the old Gary Player saying:-

Perhaps it’s because you’ve misidentified what might count as a “natural advantage”. The traits we value today or can get you ahead are very different to those that would have been advantageous to hold 2000 years ago. Of course there are personality trait correlates with rich and successful business people, to suggest otherwise is pretty blinkered.

Lazy thinking, lol. When it comes to psychology and behaviour I tend to ascribe weight to the views of neuroscientists rather than old golfers. The point remains, the brain controls everything including the will and desire to practice.
    bbMike said:

Essexphil said:

Perhaps it’s because you’ve misidentified what might count as a “natural advantage”. The traits we value today or can get you ahead are very different to those that would have been advantageous to hold 2000 years ago. Of course there are personality trait correlates with rich and successful business people, to suggest otherwise is pretty blinkered.

Lazy thinking, lol. When it comes to psychology and behaviour I tend to ascribe weight to the views of neuroscientists rather than old golfers. The point remains, the brain controls everything including the will and desire to practice.
    Would they be the same neuroscientists that I have read? You know, the ones who all disagree with one another? That can't even agree on what is meant by such things as determinism, predeterminism, and free will?

Might as well go back to Calvinist theories...
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    VespaPX said:

mumsie said:

Funniest thing i've read in ages
    Cheers
    That’s unbelievable from a guy that lost his job through a virus having a 99.9% survival rate.
    Unbelievable.
    Essexphil said:

bbMike said:

Essexphil said:

Would they be the same neuroscientists that I have read? You know, the ones who all disagree with one another? That can't even agree on what is meant by such things as determinism, predeterminism, and free will?

Might as well go back to Calvinist theories...
    I don’t know why Phil, on a thread about conspiracy theories, you want everyone to take note of your successes (personal and professional) and laud you for your commendable hard work.

I don’t know what you have read, what I do know is how inhospitable you are to other people’s views. Accuse me of lazy thinking for daring to suggest that perhaps you are luckier than you admit, and then suggest we can’t trust science.

Might be time to get back on topic.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,817
    Its ok @chilling, I get why you don't get it, its ok.

I didn't pay attention at school either, you're amongst friends.

Relax.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    mumsie said:

Its ok @chilling, I get why you don't get it, its ok.

I didn't pay attention at school either, you're amongst friends.

Relax.

My school never taught propaganda, neither as a subject or an option.
    It’s something that becomes easier to spot, the older and wiser you become.
    If a tad unsure,there’s always research to confirm your instincts.

Anal ogy.

The Foxhunt has begun,but the hounds are more interested in each other’s backsides,tails a wagging.

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,017
    Trump booed by supporters after revealing he got his Covid booster jab

@lindyli
    Even Trump got a booster shot

Marjorie Taylor Greene owns stock in 3 vaccine manufacturers

Robert Kennedy Jr. hosted a party that required attendees to be vaccinated

Anti-vax disinformation is a dangerous grift. They’re laughing their vaxxed selves all the way to the bank

John Squires
    @FreddyInSpace
    This is the funniest thing about Trump supporters being so deeply & foolishly anti-vax. Vaccine was whipped up under Trump administration and Trump is fully vaccinated and has several times now told his followers they should get vaccinated too. ALL YOUR DUMB HEROES GOT THE SHOTS.

Pete Souza
    @PeteSouza
    He finally realized too many of his supporters are dying of Covid.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/trump-booed-by-supporters-after-revealing-he-got-his-covid-booster-jab/ar-AAS0X8T?ocid=msedgntp
  • somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
    Proven Conspiracies Part 1

Human experimentation and medical malpractice:

MKULTRA:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

The MOD turned large parts of the country into a giant laboratory to conduct a series of secret germ warfare tests on the public. A government report provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain’s biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979 www.theguardian.com/politics/2002/apr/21/uk.medicalscience (archive.is/4nxNI)

Over and over again, the military conducted dangerous biowarfare experiments on Americans www.businessinsider.com/military-government-secret-experiments-biological-chemical-weapons-2016-9(archive.is/Za5UX)

U.S. secretly tested carcinogen in Western Canada during the Cold War, researcher finds. The Pentagon never told the Canadian government that it would be spraying a chemical on Winnipeg and two Alberta towns. nationalpost.com/news/canada/u-s-secretly-tested-carcinogen-in-western-canada-during-the-cold-war-researcher-discovers (archive.is/vUyb4)

Operation LAC (Large Area Coverage) was a U.S. Army Chemical Corps operation which dispersed microscopic zinc cadmium sulfide (ZnCdS) particles over much of the United States. The purpose was to determine the dispersion and geographic range of biological or chemical agents. Principally, the operation involved spraying large areas with zinc cadmium sulfide.[2] The U.S. Air Force loaned the Army a C-119, “Flying Boxcar”, and it was used to disperse zinc cadmium sulfide by the ton in the atmosphere over the United States. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_LAC (archive.is/smWSp)

From 1955 to 1972, Army doctors gave soldier ‘volunteers’ synthetic marijuana, LSD and two dozen other psychoactive drugs during experiments aimed at developing chemical weapons that could incapacitate enemy soldiers. www.wired.com/2007/04/the_secrets_of_/ (archive.is/UYyWk)

‘Operation Delirium:’ Psychochemicals & Cold War – “Throughout the 1950s and ’60s, at the now-crumbling Edgewood Arsenal by the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland, military doctors tested the effects of nerve gas, LSD and other drugs on 5,000 U.S. soldiers to gauge the effects on their brain and behavior.” www.npr.org/2012/12/11/166891159/operation-delirium-psychochemicals-and-cold-war (archive.org) (documentary: www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1GAaWy3HTw)

From 1963 to 1966, Saul Krugman of New York University promised the parents of mentally disabled children that their children would be enrolled into Willowbrook in exchange for signing a consent form for procedures that he claimed were “vaccinations.” In reality, the procedures involved deliberately infecting children with viral hepatitis by feeding them an extract made from the **** of patients infected with the disease en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States#1950s

Immediately after World War II, researchers at Vanderbilt University gave 829 pregnant mothers in Tennessee what they were told were “vitamin drinks” that would improve the health of their babies. The mixtures contained radioactive iron and the researchers were determining how fast the radioisotope crossed into the placenta. At least three children are known to have died from the experiments, from cancers and leukemia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States#Experiments_involving_other_radioactive_materials

The Fernald School for the “feeble minded” was part of America’s Eugenics movement, and the children there performed most manual labor, including cutting up the brains of mentally disabled people for scientific study. The boys were also given radioactive oatmeal in a study for Quaker Oats. www.cbsnews.com/news/americas-deep-dark-secret/

The Imperial Japanese Army’s notorious medical research team carried out secret human experiments regarded as some of the worst war crimes in history. Its scientists subjected more than 10,000 people per year to grotesque Josef Mengele-style torture in the name of science, including captured Russian soldiers and downed American aircrews. The experiments included hanging people upside down until they choked, burying them alive, injecting air into their veins and placing them in high-pressure chambers. www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/7236099/Human-bones-could-reveal-truth-of-Japans-Unit-731-experiments.html (archive.is/hojxN)

Israel admitted for the first time that it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections, often without their knowledge or consent. “They [medical staff] told us they are inoculations. We took it every three months. We said we didn’t want to.” www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-gave-birth-control-to-ethiopian-jews-without-their-consent-8468800.html

Guatemala syphilis experiment: American medical research project that lasted from 1946 to 1948 and is known for its unethical experimentation on vulnerable human populations in Guatemala. The Guatemala experiments remained a largely unknown event in U.S. medical history until the early 2000s. The total study population included more than 5,500 Guatemalan prisoners, sex workers, soldiers, children, and psychiatric patients, about one-quarter of whom were deliberately infected with syphilis, gonorrhea, or chancroid and all of whom were enrolled in the experiments without their consent. Among the most controversial methods used was “normal exposure,” in which sex workers infected with syphilis were used to transmit the disease to unsuspecting prisoners. Approximately 1,308 soldiers, prisoners, sex workers, and psychiatric patients, ranging from age 10 to 72, were intentionally exposed to STDs during the study. Syphilis exposure occurred through inoculation of the cervix in sex workers; through injection or direct sexual contact with infected sex workers in prisoners; and through injection, inoculation (via abrasion) of the ****, cisternal puncture (the insertion of a needle below the occipital bone at the back of the skull to access cerebrospinal fluid), or oral ingestion in psychiatric patients. Exposure to gonorrhea was carried out in sex workers through cervical inoculation and in Guatemalan soldiers through sexual contact with the sex workers and sometimes through urethral inoculation. www.britannica.com/event/Guatemala-syphilis-experiment (archive.is/8OmW9)

Tuskegee syphilis experiment an infamous clinical study conducted between 1932 and 1972 by the U.S. Public Health Service. The purpose of this study was to observe the natural progression of untreated syphilis in rural African-American men in Alabama under the guise of receiving free health care from the United States government. The Public Health Service started working on this study in 1932 in collaboration with Tuskegee University, a historically black college in Alabama. Investigators enrolled in the study a total of 622 impoverished, African-American sharecroppers from Macon County, Alabama. Of these men, 431 had previously contracted syphilis before the study began, and 169[3] did not have the disease. The men were given free medical care, meals, and free burial insurance for participating in the study. The men were told that the study was only going to last six months, but it actually lasted 40 years.[4] After funding for treatment was lost, the study was continued without informing the men that they would never be treated. None of the men infected were ever told that they had the disease, and none were treated with penicillin even after the antibiotic was proven to successfully treat syphilis. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the men were told that they were being treated for “bad blood”, a colloquialism that described various conditions such as syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. “Bad blood”—specifically the collection of illnesses the term included—was a leading cause of death within the southern African-American community.[4] en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment(archive.is/xGIQp)
    edited December 2021
    Proven Conspiracies Part 2
    Political:

Operation Snow White was a criminal conspiracy by the Church of Scientology during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder, L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations into and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members in more than 30 countries.[1] It was one of the largest infiltrations of the United States government in history,[2] with up to 5,000 covert agents.[3] This operation also exposed the Scientology plot ‘Operation Freakout’, because Operation Snow White was the case that initiated the U.S. government’s investigation of the Church.[3] en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White

“Between 1969 and 1973, the U.S. dropped half-a-million tons of bombs on Cambodia alone, killing at least 100,000 civilians. Given that Nixon had been elected on a promise to end the war in Vietnam, Kissinger believed that it wasn’t enough to place Menu in the category of ‘top secret.’ Absolute and total secrecy, especially from Congress, was a necessity. He had no doubt that Congress, crucial to the appropriation of funds needed to conduct specific military missions, would never approve a bombing campaign against a neutral country with which the United States wasn’t at war.” www.salon.com/2015/11/10/henry_kissingers_genocidal_legacy_partner/ (archive.is/4NMTE)

The Bush Administration used a “psychological operation” against the American public called the “Pentagon Military Analyst Program” to secretly spread pro-Government talking points through the media for years. www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/us/20generals.html

The CIA infiltrated the presidential campaign of Barry Goldwater on behalf of President Lyndon Johnson. They obtained copies of speeches and other material from the Goldwater campaign and gave them to President Johnson so he could respond to the points made before he read his speeches. CIA officer E. Howard Hunt was in charge of the spying operation. Hunt later retired from the CIA in 1970 and was hired by the White House in 1972 to lead a unit known as the Plumbers that was dedicated to plugging leaks within the Nixon administration, playing dirty tricks on Nixon’s opponents and obtaining political intelligence. www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/22/cia-fbi-spy-presidential-campaign-trump-goldwater-218415

“The Enterprise,” a massive corporate/government network that conducted illegal international activities similar to the CIA www.nytimes.com/1987/11/19/world/the-iran-contra-report-what-the-enterprise-was.html (Documentary on this topic)

In its determination to secure a nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States, according to a POLITICO investigation. www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

The indictment of Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, suggested that the president’s top lieutenant for part of last year was a highly paid agent for pro-Russian foreign interests. And the guilty plea extracted from George Papadopoulos, the foreign policy adviser, confirmed the second known attempt by Mr. Trump’s team to tap Moscow for damaging information on Mrs. Clinton, coming months before his son Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer for the same purpose. www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/trump-manafort-indictment-analysis.html

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC, by Donna Brazile. Per an agreement between the Clinton Campaign and the DNC: In exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings. www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

Israeli Operatives Who Aided Harvey Weinstein Collected Information on Former Obama Administration Officials to undermine the Iran Nuclear Deal www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/israeli-operatives-who-aided-harvey-weinstein-collected-information-on-former-obama-administration-officials

In its self-described “pied piper” strategy, the Clinton campaign proposed intentionally cultivating extreme right-wing presidential candidates, hoping to turn them into the new “mainstream of the Republican Party” in order to try to increase Clinton’s chances of winning, telling the press to take Trump, Ben Carson, and Ted Cruz seriously, rather than marginalizing them. www.salon.com/2016/11/09/the-hillary-clinton-campaign-intentionally-created-donald-trump-with-its-pied-piper-strategy/

edited December 2021
    Proven Conspiracies Part 3

Big Pharma:

“The pharmaceutical group GlaxoSmithKline has been fined $3 billion after admitting to bribing doctors and encouraging the prescription of unsuitable antidepressants to children.” www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jul/03/glaxosmithkline-fined-bribing-doctors-pharmaceuticals

“The British former boss of GlaxoSmithKline in China will be deported back to the UK after pleading guilty to bribery-related charges and being handed a three-year suspended prison sentence. Mark Reilly had been barred from leaving China for the past year and accused of overseeing a ‘criminal godfather’ scheme to bribe doctors with £300m worth of cash and sex to prescribe GSK drugs.” www.theguardian.com/business/2014/sep/19/glaxosmithkline-china-mark-reilly-deported-uk-guilty-bribery-hunan

Amid a targeted lobbying effort, pharmaceutical company lobbyists convinced Congress to weaken the DEA’s ability to go after prescription drug distributors, even as opioid-related deaths continue to rise, a Washington Post and ‘60 Minutes’ investigation finds. www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/investigations/dea-drug-industry-congress/?utm_term=.42d91d09e9ea

“The CEO of drug giant Insys Therapeutics bribed doctors to prescribe more opioids to patients who didn’t need them, according to federal authorities who arrested the executive after a raid… John Kapoor, the billionaire founder and CEO, led “a nationwide conspiracy to profit by using bribes and fraud to cause the illegal distribution of a fentanyl spray intended for cancer patients…” www.newsweek.com/big-pharma-opioid-crisis-bribery-arrest-694154

“In Guilty Plea, OxyContin Maker to Pay $600 Million. The company that makes the narcotic painkiller OxyContin and three current and former executives pleaded guilty in federal court to criminal charges that they misled regulators, doctors and patients about the drug’s risk of addiction and its potential to be abused. Company sales officials were allowed to draw their own fake scientific charts which showed a lower addictive potential, which they then distributed to doctors.” www.nytimes.com/2007/05/10/business/11drug-web.html

“Pharmaceutical giant Aspen plotted to destroy life-saving cancer medicines in order to drive prices up by 4,000%” www.independent.co.uk/news/health/drug-giant-aspen-plot-destroy-cancer-medicine-big-pharma-times-investigation-a7683521.html#

Federal prosecutors have charged a New York doctor with accepting cash bribes and tickets to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry concerts from a New Jersey blood lab. Thirty-eight people have pleaded guilty in connection with the bribery scheme. www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NY-Doctor-Accepted-Cash-Justin-Bieber-Tickets-as-Bribes-From-NJ-Blood-Lab-Prosecutors-321723492.html