You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Unbearable Software Lag Tonight

DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
Stuttering graphics, unresponsive buttons and everything feeling generally clunky - sadly not a rare occurrence.

I play around one tenth of what I used to on Sky these days, and these kind of issues are the single biggest reason. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have a disappointing experience 90% of the time I try and play here now (and no, that's not a results thing!).

I'm not sure of the point of this post really - I guess it's just to let off a little steam. In short, I miss enjoying playing here. Although the games are still good, feeling constantly on guard that one of your tables may have frozen without you noticing, or expecting the client to snap-close at any moment just ruins the fun.

I know none of this is news to the guys in charge, and that it's not what they want either. I just hope they keep banging on the door of those higher up to invest in the site and give the players the kind of experience they deserve.

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163

Stuttering graphics, unresponsive buttons and everything feeling generally clunky - sadly not a rare occurrence.

I play around one tenth of what I used to on Sky these days, and these kind of issues are the single biggest reason. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have a disappointing experience 90% of the time I try and play here now (and no, that's not a results thing!).

I'm not sure of the point of this post really - I guess it's just to let off a little steam. In short, I miss enjoying playing here. Although the games are still good, feeling constantly on guard that one of your tables may have frozen without you noticing, or expecting the client to snap-close at any moment just ruins the fun.

I know none of this is news to the guys in charge, and that it's not what they want either. I just hope they keep banging on the door of those higher up to invest in the site and give the players the kind of experience they deserve.

PLEASE SKY......some day soon

<3:/
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113

I have a disappointing experience 90% of the time I try and play here now (and no, that's not a results thing!).

I call.
  • Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    !drudkh
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    So, I played a fairly long session tonight.

Starting with the good, the lag/stuttering I experienced last night wasn't an issue. Before playing I ran a free program called CCleaner on my PC, which basically gives your computer a spring clean - it clears cookies, deletes old temporary junk files, fixes registry issues etc. I don't know for certain how much it helped, but seems worth trying if others reading this have similar issues.

Sadly, my session was still yet another to be added to the 'disappointing experience' column. I experienced 3 complete freezes of the download client over the course of the evening, and this wasn't a problem unique to me. At each occurrence, I quickly closed and immediately restarted the client. When re-entering my games, several players were now sat out, and chatting to others confirmed they experienced these freezes at the same time.

Whilst the random freezes/crashes are preferable to persistent lag, they still suck. No poker site is immune to software issues and glitches but, compared to their competitors, the regularity at which they now happen on Sky is beyond excusable.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    literally no issues on browser. i dont get why people dont use the browser...

but yes, some software that worked would be great
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Why do you even play here?

There are other sites you know

Stop crying

I'm sure all the usual fan boys will be in a quandary over how to respond to this thread with the op being a clique member. thought I'd help yous by firing out some of the usual responses 👍
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    gregkdy82 said:

Why do you even play here?

There are other sites you know

Stop crying

I'm sure all the usual fan boys will be in a quandary over how to respond to this thread with the op being a clique member. thought I'd help yous by firing out some of the usual responses 👍

Stop crying, Greg.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Happy Christmas Greg
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited December 2021
    Season's Greetings Greg!
    Tis the season to be jolly
    Fa la la la la, la la la la (fa la la la la, la la la la)
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    My Christmas tree is delicious
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited December 2021
    PKRPar said:

I agree, I stopped using the client ages ago. I never have a problem with the browser, always seems smooth and doesn't lag out.

(Not saying the software is good... just saying browser is better :D)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    I play on browser rather than the download client, not immune from issues but far, far fewer problems than download, in my experience.

Is it anything to do with the fact that you live in/near Wales? I though they only recently got running water and electricity, I very much doubt if broadband or fibre are there yet. :D
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    PKRPar said:

I can put up with the software issues but some cards coming in my favour (at least sometimes) would be appreciated Mr Sky.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    When I use browser I cant get the previous hands played on screen.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    I use browser as well.

Don,t seem to get as many issues as you Duese. The main one for me is by the time the table loads i,ve missed the 1st couple of hands. Got used it to it now but don,t play Turbo DYM's anymore because of it
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    You tell em Greg, you great big bundle of juicy masculinity.

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    DoyleBrun said:

When I use browser I cant get the previous hands played on screen.

Just go into Game info tab above the Chat Box, and then search Hand History ......gives you the last 10 hands. :)