You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYM challenge: £2.5k profit over 5k games

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Nice post and well played last week
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

@Viking25

That's a tremendous & very insightful Post.

DYM's have a bad reputation, but I enjoyed them very much for all the reasons you mention.
  • Options
    Viking25Viking25 Member Posts: 46
    Happy Monday all!

Quick one from me this week. Chugging along at a steady rate still and nearly 10% into the challenge.

Hope everyone has a great week :)
  • Options
    Morning all!

I hope everyone had a good week.

Just over 10% of the way now and here's how we currently stand.

The eagle-eyed may notice that I've taken out the 1 £16.50 and 3 £22 DYMs I have played to date. Only reasoning behind this was that I've profited a total of £27.50 over those 4 games, which skewed the earnings to the upside a bit too much for my liking. I think the challenge will be better completed playing only £5.50 and £11 DYMs going forward, so that's the plan.

Just missed out on some of the Premiership bonus £ this week, so plan is to put in enough volume this week to sneak a little bit to help the bankroll along. Still, going along nicely and on target to achieve the goal of £2.5k after 5k games.

Have a great week!
  • Options

@Viking25

Solid stuff bud, you seem to be really enjoying it. Lovely to see.
  • Options
    Another week completed.

Was going along very nicely until a final Sunday session essentially made it a break-even week at the tables. Luckily, managed to help myself to some of the current promo money on offer and earn about the same in rewards, so softened the blow slightly. Dipped slightly below the 50p profit per game mark (not including rewards) for the first time, so hoping to rectify that soon!

Enjoy your week :)
  • Options

@Viking25

Churning out some very solid numbers there. Extrapolate those over a year & you are looking at a nice little side-income.
  • Options
    Morning all!

First negative £ week in the challenge so far.

Should have done more than enough to pick up £7.50 from the current promo, so have provisionally included that in the total profit/loss amount on top of the rewards earned this week.

I hope everyone has a great week, I don't know about everyone else but I can't wait for Spring to arrive now!
  • Options
  • Options
    midnightmamidnightma Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2022
    Best of luck with this......good thread

I have one question and its not a dig I am just curious, Last week we shared a good few dym tables but one in particular had me scratching my head. It was an £11 dym and 1 player was sat out the whole game then it come down to 4 of us left including the short stack who was sat out. You were big stack but not by much and blinds were high, the 3 players who were active all cashed in the end but i am curious as to why you kept playing and raising and calling our blinds and not let the short stack blind out? Surely this is not a wise play and the sensible thing would be just to fold the away player out.

Just curious and the best of luck to you :)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hi Midnight, thanks for the message.

I can't remember the specifics, but I don't think the player who was sat out was the short stack by too much of a distance at the time I was still raising. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have called many raises as stacks were so shallow, if I remember correctly. Of course, if we assume the player will definitely not come back then just blinding them out would be GTO, however I've had multiple situations where the player has then come back and I've not made the most of the time they were away by folding premium hands. I can assure you that I would have only raised premium hands in this scenario, perhaps I just had a decent amount of those whilst the player was sat out :).

Good playing with you and hope to see you at the tables soon!
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Well done Viking a good read I'll avoid 👍
  • Options
    midnightmamidnightma Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for reply

I jumped in to a dym that you were in this afternoon whilst between tournys and the exact same scenario happened (As it does often in dyms) after you left the table.
    We were down to 4 players I was big stack 5k+, 2nd 3k+, 3rd was 1.8k and 4th was sat out all game and was 1.3k blinds were 75/150. The person in 3rd place decided to keep limping into pots instead of folding and letting the player blind out, He raised my Bb and I called with j8 off he had A 10 or something.... flop came with the 8 and the ace and he then limped to the river which was a Jack i put him all in and he snap called with pair of aces and went out in 4th with the playersitting out cashing. This happens a lot and i really don't get it if a player has never been at the table and shows no signs of coming back ill fold AA KK QQ AK all day long. Ive been on the recieving end of big stack continuing to play and i have ended up going out whilest someone who was never in the game cashes
  • Options
    I can certainly sympathise with the situation you outline in the last sentence. I will never understand why the larger stacks feel the need to continuously raise in that situation; perhaps it's an ego thing where they want to assert their dominance on the table. Of course, everyone should have an amicable agreement that the player sitting out will be blinded out and everyone else share the blinds equally.
  • Options
    Afternoon all :)

I hope everyone's had a good week.

A second losing week in a row to report! Nothing we can't grind through though, if anything makes me even more determined to put some volume in.

Going to try and start making the £11 DYMs a more sizeable chunk of my volume, as they pretty much dictate whether I have a winning/losing week at the moment. My £ per game should also be greater in those, which will help reach the goal of the challenge. I'm also in danger of concentrating on volume over winrate per game, which would be counterproductive to the objective I set out at the beginning.

Enjoy pancake day :)
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Viking25 said:

I can certainly sympathise with the situation you outline in the last sentence. I will never understand why the larger stacks feel the need to continuously raise in that situation; perhaps it's an ego thing where they want to assert their dominance on the table. Of course, everyone should have an amicable agreement that the player sitting out will be blinded out and everyone else share the blinds equally.

Been at the end of this a few times and it sucks. I do bully a little near the end of TDYMs (even with a player out at times, normally if they left mid-game say) however hopefully not to the detriment of putting someone out who has be playing all game.

In this case it's to solidify chip position and ensure that a personal cash is almost guaranteed, have also been on the end of being too nice in these scenarios.

Sure volume players have been in the same position sometimes too. :)