You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Freedom Of Information Revelation

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.
    Its like the guy thinks he is a missionary, sent to educate the Sky Poker Forum, and we are a tribe that has spent our whole lives, living deep in the Amazonian jungle, have no experience of civilisation, never seen a tv, read a newspaper, and cant recognise the smell of bullsh1t.

There are still places in Wales that don't have electricity aren't there ? :o:)
    Some parts of Staffordshire still have missionaries :)
    Yes, Stoke.
    Say it one more time and you'll be calling everybody duck for the rest of your life
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,537
    MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.
    Its like the guy thinks he is a missionary, sent to educate the Sky Poker Forum, and we are a tribe that has spent our whole lives, living deep in the Amazonian jungle, have no experience of civilisation, never seen a tv, read a newspaper, and cant recognise the smell of bullsh1t.

That sounds just like your remit.
    I was merely pointing out that this was hardly a revelation, nor were the other condescending threads he started.
    He has only used Dr Campbell's video title for the heading for this thread (and also posted said video). Some of the 100's of threads you start have less info.
    And the debate about the stats he is quoting has already taken place on another thread.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

I was merely pointing out that this was hardly a revelation, nor were the other condescending threads he started.
    He has only used Dr Campbell's video title for the heading for this thread (and also posted said video). Some of the 100's of threads you start have less info.
    And the debate about the stats he is quoting has already taken place on another thread.
    That is of course another thread that you didnt start.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

That is of course another thread that you didnt start.
    Also, I usually get criticised for putting too much info on my threads, rather than too little.
    Funnily enough, most of the criticism comes from people that dont start any threads themselves.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    More missionary work.

somniatis said:
    Who is fact checking the BBC, CNN et al? Are they above scrutiny? The BBC covered up Jimmy Savile and others, so they should definitely be "Fact checked" on everything, right? CNN knowing lied, about ivermectin, so they should be fact checked right?

Who checks the fact checkers? Who pays to run, fund and organise these "fact checking sites". It wouldn't be the government or a public relations company per chance, would it?

Off you go now and find out all about "fact checking" and why that is a thing and free speech isn't.

I'm sure you're smart enough to type " UK Column news" into a search engine, I'd also put money on the fact that you are using Google as your search engine, right? Try Duckduckgo instead.

try this link.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/video/uk-column-news-7th-january-2022

Yes and correct they all have their own agenda. You are currently listening to and reading one agenda, why not try another flavour?

None are true all have their own biases, but if you look at enough different sources you can come to a reasonably informed decision.

By the way "conspiracy theorist" is a derogative term similar to, rats, vermin and gypsies and that's how the 3rd Reich started their policy of dehumanisation. Less name calling please.

Got it.
    Well I think I have.
    The mainstream media needs fact checkers.
    All fact checkers are biased.
    Your news sources dont need fact checkers.
    Why is that?
    Do the reporters swear on the bible that they are telling the truth?
    Or are there some unbiased fact checkers out there that only check your sources?
    You assume that everyone on this forum uses Google.
    That is very perceptive as 77% of search engine users worldwide, use Google.
    Therefore a safe bet.
    I fully expect that using an alternative search engine will completely change my life.
    I cant wait.
    Rats are vermin.
    Duplication to include them both in the name calling.

Rarely have I seen such a condescending post.
    Off you go....................
    Maybe you are smart enough to typeon another forum?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    Wow! Think you touched a nerve there Al cough!
  • Options
    goldon said:

Wow! Think you touched a nerve there Al cough!

I am very calm.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

Yes, Stoke.
    Say it one more time and you'll be calling everybody duck for the rest of your life
    I thought that was a Nottingham thing.
  • Options

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

I know it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it, after all Wolverhampton and parts of West Bromwich are still technically South Staffordshire and boy do they need missionaries.

I hope Tony understands I'm just having bants here. I live about 65% of my life in Wales.
    At last, a revelation?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Here's an interesting Twitter thread on the abilities or otherwise of John Campbell.

If you read all the comments (please do), it contains some balance for & against, as all good debates do.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Tikay10 said:

Here's an interesting Twitter thread on the abilities or otherwise of John Campbell.

If you read all the comments (please do), it contains some balance for & against, as all good debates do.

This is pretty much what @Essexphil said on the other thread, which I copied and pasted onto this thread, and again on this thread.
    This information was a damp squib, certainly not a revelation.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited January 2022
    Tikay10 said:

****, didn’t realise all that
    His views are virtually the only ones i’ve been listening to as well
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Tikay10 said:

A very small number of likes, when considering the number of views.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@jac35

Several well-balanced folks have said much the same. The reason seems to be he had a solid rep pre-pandemic when he was sticking to his field of expertise, but then when COVID came along he leveraged his fanbase into solid revenue by switching to COVID & all sorts of stuff which was clearly outside his abilities - but which earned him a shed load of money via You Tube revenue.

Incidentally Paul (& @MAXALLY) I don't know if you've seen it but the COVID thread over on blonde is an absolute peach. Great debate, facts only, very few links - these involved use their own words - with reasoned people going to & fro with sound logic. It runs to 300 pages, 6,000 posts & over a quarter of a million views. If only we could have similar here. Seriously, it would be the best thing ever if we could have a COVID thread here half as good. Gotta keep trying, whatever it takes.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@jac35

Several well-balanced folks have said much the same. The reason seems to be he had a solid rep pre-pandemic when he was sticking to his field of expertise, but then when COVID came along he leveraged his fanbase into solid revenue by switching to COVID & all sorts of stuff which was clearly outside his abilities - but which earned him a shed load of money via You Tube revenue.

Incidentally Paul (& @MAXALLY) I don't know if you've seen it but the COVID thread over on blonde is an absolute peach. Great debate, facts only, very few links - these involved use their own words - with reasoned people going to & fro with sound logic. It runs to 300 pages, 6,000 posts & over a quarter of a million views. If only we could have similar here. Seriously, it would be the best thing ever if we could have a COVID thread here half as good. Gotta keep trying, whatever it takes.
    It was tongue in cheek ;)

I’ll pop over to Blonde
  • Options

This was both weird & interesting;

Kiribati goes into first lockdown after Covid flight cases

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60092463

Whatever your views on COVID are, & how serious it really is, it's ability to transmit to others is quite extraordinary. That's some powerful virus.
  • Options
    Very big on YouTube re: Covid disinformation.

COVID-19 misinformation
    Further information: COVID-19 misinformation § Ivermectin

3. You are spreading disinformation about Covid -- STOP IT STOP IT NOW

In November 2021, Campbell said in a video that Ivermectin might have been responsible for a sudden decline in COVID-19 cases in Japan. In reality, the drug had never been officially authorised for such use in the country—its use was merely promoted by the chair of a non-governmental medical association in Tokyo, and it has no established benefit as a COVID-19 treatment.[3] Meaghan Kall, the Lead Epidemiologist at the UK Health Security Agency said that Campbell was confusing causation and correlation, and that even so there was no evidence of ivermectin use in Japan; rather, the story was based on "anecdata on social media driving wildly damaging misinformation".[3]

In November 2021, Campbell quoted from a non-peer-reviewed journal abstract by Steven Gundry saying that mRNA vaccines might cause heart problems. Campbell said he was not sure about the claim or its quality, but did not mention the expression of concern that had been published for the abstract, saying instead that it could be "incredibly significant". The video was viewed over 2 million times within a few weeks and was seized upon by anti-vaccination activists as support for the misinformation that vaccines cause heart attacks.[8]

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216166046#post4
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@jac35

I’ll pop over to Blonde

@Jac35

FML, I'm soooo gullible & trusting.

But if you have a read of that thread I mentioned then it will all be worthwhile. I'd suggest starting at around 10 pages from the end, to read the whole thing would take weeks. And take particular note of the views of dooooobs. (The same doooobs who plays here).

PS - I hope Mike Ashley buys Derby County, & that Nottingham Forest win today. Jeez, I got owned there.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

@jac35

I’ll pop over to Blonde

@Jac35

FML, I'm soooo gullible & trusting.

But if you have a read of that thread I mentioned then it will all be worthwhile. I'd suggest starting at around 10 pages from the end, to read the whole thing would take weeks. And take particular note of the views of dooooobs. (The same doooobs who plays here).

PS - I hope Mike Ashley buys Derby County, & that Nottingham Forest win today. Jeez, I got owned there.
    A lot depends on what you want to get out of a thread.

The blondepoker thread was certainly informative. And you are completely correct in saying that doooobs in particular gave views that were both balanced and informative. I enjoyed it. I will read it again.

But I was left with the impression that, on 1 level, it was a little like preaching to the converted. I don't mean that in a nasty way-just that nearly all of the posters seemed to align with my views, and that the debate was on a far less confrontational level. Which is certainly not a bad thing.

But-there is also something to be said for trying to improve the life expectancy/life choices, and challenge some of the thinking, of some of the posters on here. However frustrating that may be at times, and however much part of me yearns to be in the position of what I regard as a "better" (and more civil, on all sides) debate on blonde.

I think the world needs both types of thread. Part of me wishes it did not. Mind you, I know which one I would rather moderate ;)

My Cashley? No-one deserves him :)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    For those with an open view. A 20 min DATA driven video in response to the critics. (including that 'bastion of truth', the BBC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bza1gAc8sOA