You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Confession To Lin And Megan Russel Murders.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,347
edited February 2022 in The Rail
Levi Bellfield 'CONFESSES to brutal hammer murders of mother and daughter Lin and Megan Russell' in letter sent to solicitor of the man currently serving life for the killings

Levi Bellfield (left) has admitted to murdering mother and daughter Lin and Megan Russell (right) in 1996, it was reported last night. In a harrowing four-page statement, the serial killer has formally confessed to the murders, providing chilling details of the attack. Lin, 45, her two daughters, six-year-old Megan and nine-year-old Josie, as well as their dog Lucy, were tied up and savagely beaten with a hammer in the brutal attack. Only Josie survived. The deaths in the picturesque village of Chillenden, Kent in 1996 shocked the nation. However, Michael Stone (inset) is currently imprisoned after twice being convicted of the Russell murders. He has consistently insisted his innocence, and Bellfield's statement could mean he has suffered a miscarriage of justice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10481197/Levi-Bellfield-CONFESSES-hammer-murders-Lin-Megan-Russell.html

Comments

• Options
    Levi Bellfield: Milly Dowler killer confesses to Lin and Megan Russell murders, lawyer says

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/levi-bellfield-milly-dowler-killer-091300141.html
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This is 9 years old.
    LEVI BELLFIELD V MICHAEL STONE WHO KILLED LIN & MEGAN RUSSELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnt8CFaj_oo

tiger lily
    8.09K subscribers
    evidence that could suggest levi bellfield killed lin and megan russell in kent in 1996 and not michael stone who is serving life in prison for this double murder.

So shocking that Stone was convicted on the basis of really nothing at all, other than some very very flimsy circumstantial evidence. I'm convinced he is innocent. I believe this is a huge miscarriage of justice and I hope justice is eventually done.

Salamanda68
    4 years ago
    I believe Michael Stone is innocent

One Team in Bristol BCFC
    2 years ago
    Does anyone know where I can get hold of a documentary that the BCC did (I think it was the BCC) where they got a load of professional in to prove it wasn’t stone, it all hinges on a boot lace that went missing and his girlfriend at the time got the dates wrong!!
    The documentary seems to have vanished off the face of the earth!!!

Eat Meek
    3 years ago (edited)
    I heard from people close that Michael was stitched up police offering the people I know deals to give evidence to say he did it. So pretty much if you want less time then help us stitch this guy up we can't do it ourselves so the deeds were done & that's it case closed never going to admit they were wrong & made the evidence happen by promising things only 1 person I know refused to lie even at cost to themselves.

J.W Wilson
    4 hours ago
    Today after all these years it has been revealed Bellfield has admired to these murders

Salamanda68
    4 years ago
    I believe Levi Bellfield did this.

TheRainbowgirl1960
    2 years ago
    This is vile,i believe Levi done this,how do we get MS a re trial
  • Options
    Bootlace found at murder scene could nail Levi Bellfield: Serial killer says he used it to tie Lin Russell's hands before bludgeoning her and daughter Megan to death - and police DNA test could confirm his claims

Michael Stone (bottom left) is currently serving three life sentences for the murders of Lin, 45, and Megan, six (bottom right), in the picturesque village of Chillenden, Kent, 26 years ago. However, in a harrowing four-page statement, serial killer Levi Bellfield (top) formally confessed to the murders, providing chilling details of the attack. Solicitors for Stone, who was also convicted of the attempted murder of nine-year-old Josie Russell, say the 'astonishing breakthrough' could free their client. It comes as 'fragments' of DNA have been found on a bootlace which had been missing for 14 years until it was found in police storage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10483553/Bootlace-murder-scene-nail-Levi-Bellfield.html
  • Options
    Two monsters in the same jail but which of them did murder Lin and Megan Russell? RICHARD PENDLEBURY examines the disturbing case after hammer killer Levi Bellfield claimed it was HIM and not Michael Stone the mother and her two children

Two men, two violent criminals, both imprisoned for life in the same jail (bottom right, HMP Frankland). One of them - probably - is guilty of perhaps the most savage multiple murder in modern British criminal history. But which inmate? Michael Stone (left), now 61, who was convicted two decades ago of the appalling crime in question? Or Levi Bellfield (centre), the serial killer who is now claiming these further killings as his own work? The latest twist in the story of the hammer murders of Lin Russell (top right with her daughters) and her six-year-old daughter Megan and the attempted murder of her older daughter, Josie, aged nine, in a Kent country lane in 1996 presents a chilling scenario. It also raises as many questions as possible answers. Bellfield, a bouncer who was convicted of the murders of three other females, including Surrey schoolgirl Milly Dowler, has produced a detailed four-page 'confession', it emerged this weekend. In this document he claims responsibility for the attack on the Russell family, for which Stone was first jailed for life in 1998, as well as the unsolved murder of a woman called Judith Gold, in 1990.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10487065/As-Levi-Bellfield-says-killed-Lin-Russell-daughter-RICHARD-PENDLEBURY-examines-case.html
  • Options
    New clue in murders of Lin and Megan Russell after Levi Bellfield confession: Driver of red 4x4 thought to have been in same country lane is sought as new evidence will be reviewed 'within days' by miscarriages of justice watchdog

Paul Bacon, representing Michael Stone - who is serving three life sentences at County Durham's HMP Frankland - appealed for the 'vital witness' to come forward (Bellfield pictured).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10492781/New-clue-murders-Lin-Megan-Russell-Levi-Bellfield-confession.html
  • Options
  • Options