You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ukraine

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,471
    edited February 2022
    @HAYSIE

I find it really hard to take her seriously, especially when she puts that serious face on. And whilst she is supposed to be doing her job as head of the Foreign Office at this very taxing time, she is writing (or having ghost written...) a weekly column for The Times, which she presumably gets paid a fortune for. That's bang wrong imo.

Meanwhile, view her Twitter feed, where she uses every excuse to post a photo of herself every single day. Why?

Have a look, it's laughable, photo after photo of herself. How exactly does that help solve the Ukraine affair? Scroll down & look at that little lot.

https://twitter.com/trussliz

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    We'd be better off sending a freaking surgical truss.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,116
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

I find it really hard to take her seriously, especially when she puts that serious face on. And whilst she is supposed to be doing her job as head of the Foreign Office at this very taxing time, she is writing (or having ghost written...) a weekly column for The Times, which she presumably gets paid a fortune for. That's bang wrong imo.

Meanwhile, view her Twitter feed, where she uses every excuse to post a photo of herself every single day. Why?

Have a look, it's laughable, photo after photo of herself. How exactly does that help solve the Ukraine affair? Scroll down & look at that little lot.

She apparently wants to look like Margaret Thatcher.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

She apparently wants to look like Margaret Thatcher.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    Beyond the Grave......... don't scoff.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    Looks like its a go tonight

• Options
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    Toot Toot me not have Nuclear bomb shelter in my back garden .... should I be worried.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Stoke played in Kyiv a few years ago we made some friends who keep in touch on our forum occasionally here's what one of them said yesterday
    Dear friends, I am not often here now, but Stoke is a very special club for me (you know it very well) and I know so many of you.
    Now I am here to say thank you very much for real support from the UK to my country, Ukraine.
    You know the situation. It is a war. russia must be stopped.
    Yes, they don't treat the UK, Germany or France as equals, they don't even think your leaders are worth talking to.
    putin believes only the USA and China are real rivals for him.
    But I am absolutely sure he overestimates his strength.
    Let us stay united and stop this new hitler.
    Not only for Ukraine. For human civilization.

P.S. Believe me, now here in Ukraine so many people have such a great attitude to your country! Please, keep it up. Make more pressure on russia.

Vis unita fortior.
  • Options
    Trump falsely blames Russia's invasion of Ukraine on 'rigged election' in the US before Fox News cut him off

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trump-falsely-blames-russias-invasion-044748053.html
  • Options
    Voices: Trump praised Putin over Ukraine so much he seemed to imply we should invade Mexico

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/voices-trump-praised-putin-over-230009973.html
  • Options
  • Options
    War in Ukraine begins as Putin launches full-scale invasion: Missiles rain down on Kharkiv and tanks roll across border from Belarus as 'hundreds' of Ukrainians die, martial law is declared and five Russian jets are shot down

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2022/02/24/1958747250489737096/964x580_MP4_1958747250489737096.mp4

Vladimir Putin has ordered an invasion of Ukraine and said he wants to 'demilitarise' and not occupy the country. The Russian President told Ukrainian service members to 'lay down their arms and go home' as he declared war on Ukraine in an address to the nation. Putin said Russia could not exist with a 'constant threat emanating from the territory of Ukraine' as he said clashes between Russian and Ukrainian solders was 'inevitable'. Within minutes of his public address, explosions could be heard in the capital city of Kiev as well as the city of Kramatorsk in central Ukraine. In a dark day, Putin told Russians: 'I have decided to conduct a special military operation. Russia cannot exist with a constant threat emanating from the territory of Ukraine. 'You and I have been left with no opportunity to protect our people other than the one we use today.' It comes after explosions were heard near the Ukrainian port city of Mariupol, as fears mounted that shelling is underway. Residents in the city, which is located in south eastern Ukraine, have been woken up at 3.30am this morning by blasts 30 miles from the Russian border. Video footage appeared to show clouds of smoke rising up into the night sky near Mariupol, but it was unconfirmed whether it was as a result of shelling.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10545389/BREAKING-NEWS-Explosions-heard-Ukraine-port-city-Mariupol.html
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    HAYSIE said:

On the subject of going "full tonto":-

1. Is it wise to use such language?
    2. Is it in any way relevant-or wise-to refer to the fact that we won a War in 1863?
    3. Our Defence Minister does realise that Russia have more troops in and around Ukraine (never mind everywhere else) that is larger than the entire British Army?

We need to take steps as part of the World. What we really don't need as Defence Minister is someone who seems to think if we send 1 British gunboat, all will be well.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options