You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

playing drunk part 2

crow01crow01 Member Posts: 163
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
after winning the super 6 freeroll yesterday and pocketing myself a cool £52.50, my pocket aces quickly turned this into £27.....
came back today after some (quite a few) sociable beers in a slightly bitter mood after watching liverpool lose to the s c u m......
entered a £5, £150 gtd tourny (i'm a cash player and this is one of my first tourneys on here) and came a nice 3rd, increasing my bankroll by £35.
well i think to myself, well i have just earnt my buy in into the primo as a reward (it is 5 mins to 8)
an hour into the primo and i'm exactly where i started with 2000 chips, i must have the most uninventive table!!!!
so i make a move reraising a raise with a 10, reraising the blank flop and get myself committed.....
simultaniously losing my buy in at the cash table......

out the primo and bankroll £0

donations welcome

but i will be back again tomorrow :p

Comments

• Options
    scouse1515scouse1515 Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2010
    In Response to playing drunk part 2:
    after winning the super 6 freeroll yesterday and pocketing myself a cool £52.50, my pocket aces quickly turned this into £27..... came back today after some (quite a few) sociable beers in a slightly bitter mood after watching liverpool lose to the s c u m...... entered a £5, £150 gtd tourny (i'm a cash player and this is one of my first tourneys on here) and came a nice 3rd, increasing my bankroll by £35. well i think to myself, well i have just earnt my buy in into the primo as a reward (it is 5 mins to 8) sign up for the primo and open a cash table to keep me entertained...... an hour into the primo and i'm exactly where i started with 2000 chips, i must have the most uninventive table!!!! so i make a move reraising a raise with a 10, reraising the blank flop and get myself committed..... simultaniously losing my buy in at the cash table...... out the primo and bankroll £0 donations welcome but i will be back again tomorrow :p
    Posted by crow01
    thats the reason i stayed away fom poker last night after the game was two wound up and i new if i played i would lose my bankroll.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2010

Dnt think it was the booze again fella! - Primo's a rubbish tourny for the buy in, why is it so fast? There really needs to be better tournys on sky with buy ins such as £33, that are somewhere in-between the primo and deebstack structure - doublestacks on WED and FRI nights are much better - do them every night - or at least add one with a £30/40 buy in.....

I just dnt understand why the choice of tournys continues to be so poor....surellyyyyy players will play a better structure....

Primo style stacks and blinds but add more levels! - let me make a few plays, run into a few brick walls, and still have a playable stack.

Was watching the Vegas sat thing last night, and saw the levels were 10/20 then 15/30, then 30/40, 30/60 40/80, 50/100 - thats an hour of proper play before the blinds even get close to being big! Great stuff.

Joined another site in search of some, but theyre all 10 seater tables and are more frustrating than here!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhh

DOHH
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: playing drunk part 2:
    Dnt think it was the booze again fella! - Primo's a rubbish tourny for the buy in, why is it so fast? There really needs to be better tournys on sky with buy ins such as £33, that are somewhere in-between the primo and deebstack structure - doublestacks on WED and FRI nights are much better - do them every night - or at least add one with a £30/40 buy in..... I just dnt understand why the choice of tournys continues to be so poor....surellyyyyy players will play a better structure.... Primo style stacks and blinds but add more levels! - let me make a few plays, run into a few brick walls, and still have a playable stack. Was watching the Vegas sat thing last night, and saw the levels were 10/20 then 15/30, then 30/40, 30/60 40/80, 50/100 - thats an hour of proper play before the blinds even get close to being big! Great stuff. Joined another site in search of some, but theyre all 10 seater tables and are more frustrating than here!!! Aghhhhhhhhhhh DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Morning Doh, and breathe lol
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: playing drunk part 2 : Morning Doh, and breathe lol
    Posted by dylan12
    LOL Dylan ............. in through the nose and out through the mouth JJ  :o)
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Jst made myself look abit daft, the primo structure for the first hour is exactly the same as the one I wrote above!

haha best point that out before someone else does....

it is 300/600 an hour later tho thats where it gets krazy ! :( - need to be constantly doubling up, finding spots, stealing blinds, winning small pots, isnt good enough at that stage,,,
  • Options
    IMAROCKIMAROCK Member Posts: 135
    edited March 2010
    i came 17th in primo last night dohhhhhh,, cant be bad hahaha,,,, does become a shoot out though
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited March 2010

The primo structure for the first hour is exactly the same as the one JJ described......;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited March 2010

Seriously JJ.....

I hear what you say about rapid structures, & "more playable" stuff.

The problem is this.......

The 8pm Main Events get big fields every night, as you know - anything between 400 & 700.
    But the beautifully structured Deepies are lucky to get 50 runners, or even 20 in the case of the old 7.30 £22-er.

Hard to figure, but that's the way it is, so Sky Poker needs to cater for what the players seem to want. Poker-wise, I mean.

• Options
    BowieBoyBowieBoy Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2010
    In Response to playing drunk part 2:
    after winning the super 6 freeroll yesterday and pocketing myself a cool £52.50, my pocket aces quickly turned this into £27..... came back today after some (quite a few) sociable beers in a slightly bitter mood after watching liverpool lose to the s c u m...... entered a £5, £150 gtd tourny (i'm a cash player and this is one of my first tourneys on here) and came a nice 3rd, increasing my bankroll by £35. well i think to myself, well i have just earnt my buy in into the primo as a reward (it is 5 mins to 8) sign up for the primo and open a cash table to keep me entertained...... an hour into the primo and i'm exactly where i started with 2000 chips, i must have the most uninventive table!!!! so i make a move reraising a raise with a 10, reraising the blank flop and get myself committed..... simultaniously losing my buy in at the cash table...... out the primo and bankroll £0 donations welcome but i will be back again tomorrow :p
    Posted by crow01
    Oh well you lose your bankroll and POOL moves on to a fantastic qualification into the Europa (losers) League, lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Have sky tried a £33 buy in doublestack though? - or a £500 gtd £2 buy in at midday on Saurday afternoon?

It just seems to be the same tournys - Ive not been here long but would like to see them try "something different"

I bet the fields r only that big....because.....there isnt any other choice at that particular time?

And yeh I did make misen look daft quoting the Vegas structure haha - typical DOHHH move, I guess looking at the primo structure BEFORE I wrote the post would have been a better move!!! :)

£35 buy in at 6pm on a Sunday night, running through to an expected Final table time of around 12-30/1am - Thats surely gonna be better value for money . . . . .

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2010
    Thing is dohh, I think Sky have bowed to what the forum have asked for quite a few times.  They set guarantees and stuff and they wouldnt get met, the fields dwindled, and they just pulled the plug as they were losing money.  I think ur ideas are good, but you have to see it from their point of view
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Yehh I guess - I havent really been here long enough to understand what theyve tried and what they haven't.

I just want the "perfect tourny for dohh" really haha - nevermind,

ill deffo have a go at the primo nxt week !!! :)
  • Options
    lowther10lowther10 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2010
    Yehh I guess - I havent really been here long enough to understand what theyve tried and what they haven't. I just want the "perfect tourny for dohh" really haha - nevermind, ill deffo have a go at the primo nxt week !!! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    good luck 8o)
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited March 2010
    Seriously JJ..... I hear what you say about rapid structures, & "more playable" stuff. The problem is this....... The 8pm Main Events get big fields every night, as you know - anything between 400 & 700. But the beautifully structured Deepies are lucky to get 50 runners, or even 20 in the case of the old 7.30 £22-er. Hard to figure, but that's the way it is, so Sky Poker needs to cater for what the players seem to want. Poker-wise, I mean.
    Posted by Tikay10
    If they ran sats and semis for the deepies I reckon they would get big fields. They would get me for sure and where I go .................