You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Do you read the Results Threads? If so....

13»

Comments

• MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Tikay10 said:

@MynaFrett

Yes, it was posted in humour, but I could not resist the chance to mention my aversion to bad beat stories & threads...

I'm an idiot.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited March 2022
    Tikay10 said:

@kapowblamz

As a separate thread?

I'll read it however it's presented but maybe give it a whirl and see how it goes. Even if no one reads it but you enjoy doing it then still a positive.

It could even be

• HUGHMANSHUGHMANS Member Posts: 115
    Most of what has been said I agree with. I read this daily as part of my daily routine. I love the preamble and like to know whether gtees have been covered. Love the needle and quirky puns. Liked the music videos (to criticise). Dont read the one year ago bit. I dont really care who won the smaller stuff but the experts (sorry, I dont have an apostrophe key) Sherriff, Main and Mini + Big BHs and of course UKOPS are essential imo. But 3 or 4 hours?! Get a secretary!
    Cheers
  • HUGHMANSHUGHMANS Member Posts: 115
    Further thoughts...3 or 4 hours a day, that is some dedication Tony, well done. I do like the background on the players, particulalrly interesting hands and colour of the tourney i.e. someone was nowhere with 10 to play then won it. Sky Poker is on its knees????? Is that really the case? UKOPS always seems to do very well so why not have more of them?
    M
  • Jeni82Jeni82 Member Posts: 60
    Regular reader of your results post @Tikay10! You always find the most positive things to say, which is appreciated.
  • chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Also more of a lurker these days Tikay but clearly like a lot of other people I appreciate the effort you put into the results thread and I read it most days even if I’m not playing. Some good suggestions and I think including some of the larger field lower buy-in events is a good idea. When I first started playing I know getting a mention on the thread felt like a big deal and encouraged me to play them whereas the players that play the sheriff etc are going to be playing anyway. Still, I enjoy seeing who has won what each day.

I don’t have any solid ideas off the top of my head but some sort of daily question/poll that encourages engagement seems good. The uniqueness of the forum was definitely a factor in me staying on sky, especially in the first couple years!

• gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    I like the results thread and read it most days. Don't really play mtt's here anymore as the good ones are too late for me these days but when I did I was always chuffed to get a mention. I liked how you mentioned what sports were on, but i'm sure no-one will mind too much if you dropped that and some other stuff given how much time you've revealed it takes.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082

Quick update, as this thread seems to have attracted much interest.

Day 1 of the new format seemed to go OK.

We have dropped "obligatory" reporting of most of the late night stuff, & will only include any of them as & when they look interesting.

We've added several new, smaller MTT's, & today we'll add another which was suggested, a £500 BH.

Time issues meant that the new (separate) thread for Sports Updates did not get started, though separate threads were created for the Chelsea situation. Hopefully, I'll get the Sports stuff started today, but it will NOT be part of the Results Thread.

Day 1 of the new format attracted a much larger than usual number of views, however, this was NOT because it was better or worse, or that readers liked or disliked it, as they would not know until they opened it. Just readers looking to see if they liked it or not I suppose.

For reasons I don't really understand, "needling" seems to be quite popular, so that will continue from time to time. And if someone gets needled, it's only because I know it will be taken in the spirit intended.

Once I get the hang of the new format, I'm sure I'll be able to reduce the time I spend on doing them, though that's not a big deal to me one way or another.

All good then.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited March 2022
    Belated reply, but I've always enjoyed your write ups @Tikay10 and read them on a daily basis. I don't often post on the results threads, mainly due to the fact I don't appear in them that often, but will endeavour to post on them more going forward.

Was shocked to learn it takes you 3-4 hours a day to compile the results, but think it shows how much time and effort you put in them. Is there any way in which this can be cut down a bit without affecting the quality of the round-ups?

I do like the new format of the results thread that you've started trying this week. Think it's nice to have a few of the £5.50 games in there to give some limelight to those who only play micro-stakes and wouldn't otherwise feature in the results.

I quite liked when you used to post a music track at the end of every results round-up, and they often generated a bit of discussion. Presumably they've stopped now?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082

@Asho28

I enjoyed adding a daily music track, but I sensed it was not a popular feature, perhaps because many readers have such shockingly poor taste in music. I once had a reader who claimed to like the music of Bruce Springsteen. I mean, can you imagine? Perhaps he was trolling.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    A little late replying.
    I enjoy reading the thread. Including some of the smaller tourneys and when there is an 'interesting' winner is a big plus.
    Getting a mention that wasn't abuse was a first, the other day.
    The pre waffle about sport was enjoyable and I look forward to the new sports thread.Please

3-4 hours? Slacker, if you ask me.
  • gibbzygibbzy Member Posts: 75
    I agree with @thedazzman and @goldnballz include some of the low stakes higher entries tournies. I do love the write ups and banter you have - great read - but hadn't realised how long it takes- fair play to you. It is nice to get a mention tho, whatever stakes you play at.