You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£1,000 to £30,000 in 12 months could you do it?

124»

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited April 2022
    Itsover4u said:

There will be players who make almost 30k a year from take back… definitely in that ball park I know this as a fact

Exactly. Paul, who was a DYM reg for many years explained why its more than possible, with figures to back it up, yet Phil totally disregarded it. With the right volume you could pretty much do it with rake back providing the bigger chunk of the profit, the risk of ruin is pretty unlikely. It would be a very dull year, but as mentioned, with 1 million at stake then you'd give it a good go.
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    I consider myself to be far from one of the best mtt players on sky, but I have have made that amount in a year on more than one occasion playing off a £2k roll while working a 42 hr a week job also.

Give the incentive of a million quid wager and the focus that would bring along with coaching and playing full time it is 100% doable.
  • Options
    GervuscasGervuscas Member Posts: 54
    Having started on a bankroll of £30 playing 55p dyms 2 weeks ago and grinding it up to over 1k since then i'm more than confident i could do this challenge. (so long as i avoided the spin up tables)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Itsover4u said:

There will be players who make almost 30k a year from take back… definitely in that ball park I know this as a fact

yep, a breakeven turbo dym player could do this
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,152
    Gervuscas said:

Having started on a bankroll of £30 playing 55p dyms 2 weeks ago and grinding it up to over 1k since then i'm more than confident i could do this challenge. (so long as i avoided the spin up tables)

That's one **** of a graph
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    30k would be relatively easy in most formats with that incentive because you would just 16 hours a day it. Some people would definitely not need even close to a year.

If the starting roll was 250 it would be way more interesting just to see what route people would take.
  • Options
    RogueCellRogueCell Member Posts: 532
    MAXALLY said:

Not got an answer really. Maybe 'site' players like the bates or lolololol, who play with a different RNG to others, would easily do this on Sky. B)

I just wanted to say hello JJ. Glad to see you back posting and I can see from Faceache that you are enjoying life very much. Nice one mate.

Yawn. I see your enjoyment of life hasn't improved any.

• Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Yeah pretty certain anyone with basic poker knowledge could do this, off the table factors are the decisive variable imo if you can just 100% focus on poker and be willing to play 14 hours a day and study 2 hours a day with a good coach, capacity to learn is the next most important factor i guess. Biggest risk is negative variance early but sticking to really solid brm would negate that.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,166
    DOHHHHHHH said:

Morning everyone.

You're still alive! B)