You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Proof is in the pudding - It's not really Poker is it?

radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 131
edited April 2022 in Feedback & Suggestions
I prefer a 6 max, preferably normal but will play a speed and the odd hyper. Not a huge fan of DYM but play every now and again. In my opinion the 6 max is a good game of poker, the right length to play proper and adjust for bad beats. The DYM format induces more betting and a higher likely hood of more bad beats which doesn't suit me personally, I like to be a bit more strategic, play more hands but not too many, usually lose interest in long tournaments.

The thing is 6 max tables/players are pretty rare these days, some of my most profitable days were playing multiple 6 max tables at a time but now it is very hard to get the tables going and end up playing some DYM's which very rarely ends in profit.

For me 6 max's are more skill where DYM's are more luck, (2 tables open as I write, A7 called by J7 flop J... AQ called by A4 board 2 pair.. split)

So the question is, is this more of a bingo site where pot luck is the best asset or is it the players that rather luck than skill?

Is it time to seek a more poker orientated site?

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,978
    So-ask yourself this:-

Do you want to play against bad players, who get it in bad?
    Or good players, who get it in good?
  • radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 131
    Why is there only 2 choices? I'd rather good players get it in bad and bad players get it in bad. Although on this site getting it in bad usually works as you know. But joking aside I'd rather play good players and what state they get it in won't bother me
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    radzer02 said:

Why is there only 2 choices? I'd rather good players get it in bad and bad players get it in bad. Although on this site getting it in bad usually works as you know. But joking aside I'd rather play good players and what state they get it in won't bother me

Not sure why you would want to play good players and therefore probably lose money but each to their own.
    MattBates said:

radzer02 said:

Not sure why you would want to play good players and therefore probably lose money but each to their own.
    Exactly this.

I have been fortunate enough to play against a lot of the world's best players. And I have found it to be very rewarding.

In every sense except money :)
  • radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 131
    MattBates said:

radzer02 said:

Kinda justifies my point
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    radzer02 said:

MattBates said:

radzer02 said:

Kinda justifies my point
    If you want to make money from poker long term you need to play players that are worse than you. You need to adjust to the format and players you play, surely it is good if players are making lots of mistakes.
  • TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited June 2022
    I think players become disillusioned online cos of hands like this.... we all see these especially in freerolls, at a tremendous rate....

How often do you see like a Ad Qh 2d flop, rendering the 9c 4c dead? I would say never. But the 2 club flop, or simply 9 or 4 to keep you holding on? You know by the river this hand will always still be in with a shout........ Im not sure who could say they are not seeing this if they play alot.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TheWaddySmall blind50.0050.001850.00
    ModyBig blind100.00150.001940.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A
    CrazyHorseFold
    R2d2jnrFold
    scrumdownRaise200.00350.008410.00
    Browny27Call200.00550.007832.50
    TheWaddyAll-in1850.002400.000.00
    ModyAll-in1940.004340.000.00
    scrumdownRaise8020.0012360.00390.00
    Browny27Fold
    scrumdownUnmatched bet6180.006180.006570.00
    TheWaddyShow
    • Q
    • A
    ModyShow
    scrumdownShow
    • A
    • A
    Flop
    • K
    • J
    Turn
    River
    • J
    ModyWinFlush to the King6180.006180.00
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    It’s really hard to flop a hand dead. Even in your hand-picked example the 9c4c has outs lol.
    I knew id fk up on a chosen hand.... but seriously do you ever see hands like these just lose easily......
    edited June 2022
    bbMike said:

It’s really hard to flop a hand dead. Even in your hand-picked example the 9c4c has outs lol.

More than that. The 9c4c will win that hand pre-flop (which is when the chips went in) 17.11% of the time. Or more than 1 in 6 times. In fact, a lot more often than the AQo there.

Which is not that bad-more than half the odds of any random hand against any 2 other random hands.

And it is a freeroll.
    Arggghhhh i know my hand was dead!!!!!!!!!!! I know its 17%!!!!!! 17% is not that good odds for a hand to win, accept this!

They just always do really well online!

I really dont get you refusal to acknowledge, that if you playin in a home game and see these hands all in preflop holding AA, you are really not that worried..... online.....terrified.

Do you really say there is no difference? Really? Swear on your mothers life/memory, i dare you!
  • Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    Stick to playing live poker then
  • Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    There are plenty of live poker vlogs that you can see on YouTube and there are plenty of suck outs, it's called variance.
    TheWaddy said:

Arggghhhh i know my hand was dead!!!!!!!!!!! I know its 17%!!!!!! 17% is not that good odds for a hand to win, accept this!

They just always do really well online!

I really dont get you refusal to acknowledge, that if you playin in a home game and see these hands all in preflop holding AA, you are really not that worried..... online.....terrified.

Do you really say there is no difference? Really? Swear on your mothers life/memory, i dare you!

Yes. I do.
    And it's memory.
    I have asked many, many poker sites reps this question... your the first prepared to do that.

All others skirted round the subject and refused to back it to that extent.

I would say play 'Finnigen02' in 10 omaha hi lo heads up games and i will ask you the same question again... You will be so bamboozled by the incredible river saves and combined odds, you will be barely able to speak........

Oh and Hands of the Day? I had 3 straight flushes (1 royal) in 40mins or so today during 2 heads up sng's! Now what are the odds of that.......

Ive never seen that in my kitchen with the boys... its cos you see more hands online... how many hands in 40mins.... not that many... cough
    LIBBYLOOSmall blind20.0020.001720.00
    TheWaddyBig blind40.0060.001220.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q
    LIBBYLOOCall20.0080.001700.00
    TheWaddyCheck
    Flop
    • J
    TheWaddyBet40.00120.001180.00
    LIBBYLOOFold
    TheWaddyMuck
    TheWaddyWin80.001260.00
    TheWaddyReturn40.000.001300.00
    TheWaddySmall blind30.0030.001680.00
    tcorleone2Big blind60.0090.001230.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    • J
    TheWaddyCall30.00120.001650.00
    tcorleone2Check
    Flop
    • K
    • A
    tcorleone2Check
    TheWaddyCheck
    Turn
    tcorleone2Check
    TheWaddyBet90.00210.001560.00
    tcorleone2Fold
    TheWaddyMuck
    TheWaddyWin120.001680.00
    TheWaddyReturn90.000.001770.00
    tcorleone2Small blind50.0050.002010.00
    TheWaddyBig blind100.00150.00840.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    tcorleone2Call50.00200.001960.00
    TheWaddyCheck
    Flop
    • K
    TheWaddyCheck
    tcorleone2Check
    Turn
    TheWaddyBet100.00300.00740.00
    tcorleone2Fold
    TheWaddyMuck
    TheWaddyWin200.00940.00
    TheWaddyReturn100.000.001040.00
  • CBaileysCBaileys Member Posts: 4
    radzer02 said:

I prefer a 6 max, preferably normal but will play a speed and the odd hyper. Not a huge fan of DYM but play every now and again. In my opinion the 6 max is a good game of poker, the right length to play proper and adjust for bad beats. The DYM format induces more betting and a higher likely hood of more bad beats which doesn't suit me personally, I like to be a bit more strategic, play more hands but not too many, usually lose interest in long tournaments.

The thing is 6 max tables/players are pretty rare these days, some of my most profitable days were playing multiple 6 max tables at a time but now it is very hard to get the tables going and end up playing some DYM's which very rarely ends in profit.

For me 6 max's are more skill where DYM's are more luck, (2 tables open as I write, A7 called by J7 flop J... AQ called by A4 board 2 pair.. split)

So the question is, is this more of a bingo site where pot luck is the best asset or is it the players that rather luck than skill?

Is it time to seek a more poker orientated site?

Not sure what nonsense you're spouting.

Small sample of my DYM's from Sky

https://ibb.co/2Wyk594