You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

new promo

13»

Comments

• Options
    giesahaungiesahaun Member Posts: 109

This thread is a good read! Before I get lynched at SPT Glasgow by an angry Scotsman you'll be pleased to know this promo is just a one off for Vegas qualifying purposes and that Streak Week will return this year.

The leadership team took a lot of convincing to run the Vegas trip this year and part of that convincing comes down to running promos that will give a positive ROI i.e rake races.

I'd love to have better software to work with and a bigger budget but I'm doing the best I can. I think the overall Vegas promo is more than generous and there'll be a good mix of regs and recs qualifying.

The promos, particularly the headline monthly ones, have been generous and have created a lot of goodwill towards the site. However, the players on the site have suffered badly from software glitches in the past few years and the goodwill to the site is at a long time low. The glitches are not too bad but the bigger problem is that the instances of them happening are so many (e.g. I have had 300+ disconnects from the site) , alas the site do not appreciate the scale. The enthusiasts of the site are disillusioned and fading away from playing on the site and posting on the forum. The one-off Vegas promo that benefits so few over the many is the wrong promo at this time. This is unfair on the site as a budget to deal with any software issues is separate but not from the player view. The software glitches are worse December to March.

From a sad and concerned but not angry Scotsman
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Games are dead. Promo is a miserable failure it seems. lol
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528

gregkdy82 said:

I pay between £200-£400 a month in rake every single month to play on the most out of date and dysfunctional software in the world of online poker. As mentioned before the rake in my chosen games is far higher than on any of the alternative sites yet I am spoiled because I expect a promo that benefits player in the games I play for 2 weeks out of 52? Ffs really?

If all the other sites have lower rake then why not play there? The reason is that the games are softer here and you play here because you make more money here than you would anywhere else everything considered.

You are spoiled.
    I do play on other on those other sites. I make no money here anymore and my volume is very low. I did and would prefer to be playing more here rather than on those other sites.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    gregkdy82 said:

Games are dead. Promo is a miserable failure it seems. lol

Well..... there are two big games of football on tonight :)
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    EvilPingu said:

On that note, congratulations to Johnmonty, Timmyrara, Bigfatfish and FeelGroggy for each winning a Vegas package.

Called it.