You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tory MP arrested on suspicion of rape.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,944

A Conservative MP has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault offences spanning seven years.

Scotland Yard said the unnamed man, who remained in custody on Tuesday, was also detained on suspicion of indecent assault, abuse of position of trust and misconduct in public office.

Tory chief whip Chris Heaton-Harris urged the MP to stay away from Parliament but has not suspended the whip, meaning the suspect remains a member of the parliamentary party.

The Metropolitan Police said officers received a report in January 2020 relating to alleged sexual offences committed in London between 2002 and 2009.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tory-mp-arrested-suspicion-rape-164712366.html

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030

The collective minds of Twitter soon worked out who the arrested MP is.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
    M.F.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,944
    VespaPX said:

M.F.

?
    The only MF that I know of is Mark Francois.
    showbizcorner.com › is-mark-francois-the-tory-mpIs Mark Francois The Tory MP Arrested Today On Rape? Twitter ...
    A Conservative MP, Mark Francois, has been arrested on accusations of rape and other sexual offenses committed over seven years. "A man was detained on suspicion of indecent assault, sexual assault, rape, misuse of position of trust, and misconduct in a public office," according to a Metropolitan Police statement.

www.mixedarticle.com › is-tory-mp-mark-francoisIs Tory MP Mark Francois Arrested Today For Rape? Twitter Name
    The MP was arrested on suspicion of indecent assault, sexual assault, rape, abuse of a position of trust, and misconduct in a public office according to The Guardian . Following the arrest, the MP has been asked not to attend any proceedings at the House of Commons and stay out of his office until the investigation is completed.

uk.style.yahoo.com › tory-mp-arrested-suspicionTory MP arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault
    A TORY MP has been arrested on suspicion of rape. The serving MP has been arrested by the Metropolitan Police and is thought to still be in custody. The parliamentarian is yet to be named, however the force confirmed he has been arrested on "suspicion of indecent assault, sexual assault, rape, abuse ...

www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com › peopleAccused on Twitter: Who is the Tory MP? Find Out If Is He's ...
    Mark Francois Assault Charges And Mugshot: What Did He Do? Mark Francois has been allegedly arrested for s3xual assault. As per Met Police, he has been charged with indecent assault, s3xual assault, rape, abuse of position of trust and misconduct in a public office. Moreover, the allegations were first reported in January 2020.

shanghai7.livejournal.com › 509124Mark Francois - rape and the Tory Crucible.: shanghai7 ...
    Mark Francois - rape and the Tory Crucible. Top news story in the UK is not Covid 19 but the identity of the Tory ex minister in his 50's who was arrested for rape. Now, the circumstances are odd, the
    Horrible man.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    edited May 2022
    Tikay10 said:
    Is this the one, since deleted?

edited May 2022
    Andrew Rosindell's name has entered the frame.
    edited May 2022
    Alex Tiffin
    @RespectIsVital
    NEW - Conservative MP for Romford, Andrew Rosindell, won't be present on the Parliamentary Estate until further notice following his arrest on suspicion of indecent assault, sexual assault, rape, abuse of position of trust and misconduct in a public office.

• DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,528
    To start with I know very little about this case but what concerns me is that people take the attitude that he is guilty before we have even verified for sure whom it is or seen any reasonable evidence so far.

Now if he has done it absolutely condemn him, and he is scum etc. However I think we should reserve judgement until we know the facts.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,629
    People in power abusing that power really grinds my gears , i know it happens all the time and always will but it shouldn't , who was the last person in power who was genuine and trustworthy ,i dunno, maybe John Smith , he seemed upfront and genuine but who knows what lay beneath
    Rape-arrest Tory MP's accuser 'is a male politician who was a teenager when the pair first met': Pressure grows on party to name the suspect

The man in his 50s, who has been released on bail, is being told to keep away from the Commons by party whips but faces no formal sanction. It means the unidentified politician can still have meetings with constituents, vote on laws and attend parliament. MPs were warned by the Commons Speaker not to name the suspect under rules that protect remarks in the Commons (top and bottom, Boris Johnson in a packed chamber yesterday during PMQs) from potential libel actions. Labour called for the man to be named and said he should have the whip removed, meaning he would no longer sit as a Tory MP.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10830959/Row-grows-Tory-MP-suspected-rape-Man-50s-told-stay-away-House-Commons.html
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,998
    On the assumption this is not Mark Francois, this shows how social media has eroded the protections we are all entitled to.

I can't stand the man. But various sources have claimed he is a Rapist. When he is not.

I don't dislike anyone in the World enough to not feel for them when they are wrongly accused of a hideous crime like this. And a certain amount of mud will stick.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,998
    No truth in the rumour that the next Tory Conference will end with a stirring rendition of:-

"Land of Gropin' Tory"
    Essexphil said:

On the assumption this is not Mark Francois, this shows how social media has eroded the protections we are all entitled to.

I can't stand the man. But various sources have claimed he is a Rapist. When he is not.

I don't dislike anyone in the World enough to not feel for them when they are wrongly accused of a hideous crime like this. And a certain amount of mud will stick.

So do you think it would be better to name the suspect after they are charged, to avoid speculation?
    HAYSIE said:

Horrible man.

I still think he is a horrible man, whether he is involved in this or not.