You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

big stacks win more than they lose

babyluke10babyluke10 Member Posts: 25
neil will say its wrong but its right they spend more money on sky so they win more check that did not happoen on black belt poker or have you for got neil dont sell your soul

Comments

• babyluke10babyluke10 Member Posts: 25
    what do a lot of players say about sky same old sky no balance
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

neil will say its wrong but its right they spend more money on sky so they win more check that did not happoen on black belt poker or have you for got neil dont sell your soul

Are you saying big stacks win or those who rake more win more?
  • BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    MattBates said:

Are you saying big stacks win or those who rake more win more?
    Think that depends on the soul selling negotiations.

• kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    Bigger stacks take more chances and therefore sometimes it feels that way, especially in MTT bounty hunters.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,029
    kalooki8 said:

Bigger stacks take more chances and therefore sometimes it feels that way, especially in MTT bounty hunters.

@kalooki8

Spot on, it's our old friend confirmation bias rearing it's head again.

There's not a shred of credible evidence that stack size somehow pre-determines the outcome - except confirmation bias.
  • TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I personally have not noticed this as a thing in standard MTT's. Just to show willing and that im totally fair in voicing my experiences!

I am not a fan of bounty hunters and as many of the tournaments are this format on Sky, i would imagine larger stacks call really wide when there is a chance to bust someone. Theres almost no such thing as a bad beat all in preflop at hold em. Almost.
  • kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    TheWaddy said:

I personally have not noticed this as a thing in standard MTT's. Just to show willing and that im totally fair in voicing my experiences!

I am not a fan of bounty hunters and as many of the tournaments are this format on Sky, i would imagine larger stacks call really wide when there is a chance to bust someone. Theres almost no such thing as a bad beat all in preflop at hold em. Almost.

If you are the short stack, you probably want to take the 60/40, 70/30 etc chance to double up, surely the idea/skill of poker is to get your money in good and let the poker gods decide your fate. The only time people complain is when variance goes against them and thus bad beats are made public. I did well in a recent MTT but only after I doubled up from a large stack and I had only 25% equity in the hand when all my chips went in.

Skill is the determining factor of poker over a large amount of data, luck has the edge over skill, as the determining factor on a small amount of data. Therefore in the end, if you play enough Cash games or MTT's, your ability will generally determine your results, not software and not conspiracy theories. Of course, as some very skilled players will testify, if you stretch your bankroll to the limit, a small amount of variance at the wrong time, can be catastrophic to you.

Right, I'm off to play golf, beginning to bore myself with my opinions.

Steve