You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

June Challenge - satellites. Its all Over. 10% Target ROI achieved.

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
edited July 2022 in Poker Chat
Although my results have been ok since my last postings, i feel that i lack an edge not posting my results as i feel it gives me a sense of accountability when playing.

Setting myself a monthly challenge which starts with satellites.

I do like to play the satellites into the bigger games so throughout June i will be playing more of them and recording my results here, of course i will have to record daily due to the current issues accessing results on Sky.
My belief is that more players should use these to test themselves against the 'better' players.

More sats = less games

of course a little plo8 mixed in, as well as the 7@7 and maybe the mini if i qualify for the main, regular sats and all in sats will be played.

Target a 10% ROI

Good luck to all...

Comments

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Good Luck @coo1-um
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,348
    Good luck.

Interested to see how this pans out.

Have you read Dara O'Kearneys book on Satellite strategy ?
  • Options
    safc71 said:

Good Luck @coo1-um

mumsie said:

Good luck.

Thanks.

No. should I ? I don't know that i can wipe everything that i don't already know and learn.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,348
    coo1-um said:

safc71 said:

Good Luck @coo1-um

mumsie said:

Good luck.

Thanks.

No. should I ? I don't know that i can wipe everything that i don't already know and learn.
    Wise.

I started reading it but stopped when I felt my brain getting foggier.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    edited June 2022

A final table in the Sunday Major freeroll, sitting 2nd a Kx push into the BB big stack thinking they had to fold saw a call with A9, did not improve so out in 5th. Nice to see @Asho28 on the same final table make the Sunday Major.
    This was offset slightly soon afterwards as a stab at the Weekend Bounty Hunter sat ended with a seat at the table, although in the end this came to nothing.

Got into the avenger at the 2nd attempt and a 7th placed finish put us on track with an overall profit.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited June 2022
    Best of luck with this @coo1-um, interesting idea for a challenge.

Very unlucky in the major freeroll last night. Was gutted to see you just miss out, albeit I ended up being the beneficiary of it after being able to outlast the shortest stack thereafter. Hopefully you can satellite into the major this weekend.

Well done on the deep run in the main though - usually a tough field that, so nice to see you do well there and make a healthy profit. Good to see you getting into the BWBH for a fraction of the buy-in as well. I might have to consider having a look at these sats.
  • Options
    Just a quick update, no doubt someone will correct me on my ROI calculation, for the stake all i have counted is satellite buy in's and add ons.
    I believe adding the 'Won' satellite buy in to the figures would be incorrect as these seats have being earned as part of a stake. obviously this would also bring my ROI down.

• Options
    A night to forget, sat into main and sheriff but with no returns.

• Options
    No returns but actual satellite results there again.

• Options
    I have removed anything bar satellite and target from the reporting for clarity of this challenge.
    3 losing days, but still just in profit.

Actual satellite figures are looking good just need to improve the target tournament results.

The all in sats are hand picked i try not to register anything that looks like it will have 15+ entrants to try an improve my edge slightly.

• Options
    Hmmmm

• Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    mumsie said:

coo1-um said:

safc71 said:

Good Luck @coo1-um

mumsie said:

Good luck.

Thanks.

Wise.

I started reading it but stopped when I felt my brain getting foggier.
    Well worth the time to read , GL.
  • Options
    Update 11 days played and just 4 in profit, with 8 days showing no return.

Not helped by the 'my account' section on sky. Must kept this up daily.

• Options
    only a couple of games yesterday and just 4 all in sats.

• Options
    Started the week in negative figures for this challenge, beginning to think i can do it now.

• Options
    Just the one satellite on Sunday, target game ran pocket queens into AQ when 3/8 couldn't recover from an ace on the flop. Other then that i have had worse weeks.

• Options
    Not sure this could have gone much better, must be the commitment to daily updates.

Still without a win but i realise to lose a hand as a 80% favourite on the final table, i have probably won on the 20% side already a couple of times in the tournament.

N1, Good Game and move on.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited June 2022
    Absolutely crushing it at the moment mate, great to see. Long may it continue.
  • Options
    Normal Service Resumed.