You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Orfordable League- the hottest little tourney going with added prizes to win

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,025
edited June 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, June Week 2 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on June 3rd

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:June 3rd- Winner: FLASHJONNY; League leader: FLASHJONNY

Week 2:June 10th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: FLASHJONNY

Week 3:June 17th- Winner:

Week 4: June 24th- Winner:

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday July 1st 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday July 1st 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday July 1st 2022

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,025
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. Yet another month has dawned upon us here at the Orfy so we restart the process of finding two more prizewinners by month end. Whom it will be, nobody can know for certain but we can have fun playing and finding out who will follow @supercrazy & @Asho28 into the winners circle.
    Congratulations to both @supercrazy & @Asho28, you shall both be auto entered into tonights 9.30pm £11 BH, I wish you both the very best of luck. Also the very best of luck to everyone playing the Orfy tonight.
    Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, a quiet start to the month with a field of just 35, of whom 18 were Orfy regged and 7 of those made the FT, filling the top 6 places (& 8th) to boot! I think that may be the first time I have seen the top six places filled by Orfy regged players, at least since I took over admin duties, a remarkable achievement in my opinion.
    Anyway onto where those seven Orfordablers finished;
    Making yet another FT in 8th place last night, was @Asho28 who finished as our runner-up last month and now sits in 7th overall, well played Ash.
    Another who finished high up in the standings last month, 3rd if I remember correctly, @stokefc claimed 6th place last night, leaving him in 6th overall, well played Sean.
    A regular in these reports @THECHIMP took 5th place, also 5th overall- you can see where this is going by now, so I am sure he will be challenging for a prize at the end of the month, well played Mr Chimp.
    Since his return to the Orfy @FORDAKIDZ has made regular forays onto the FT and this time finished in 4th place, 4th overall, well played John.
    Almost making it to HU in 3rd place, @giesahaun had a good run to leave him 3rd overall, well played giesahaun.
    Sitting in 2nd overall after after a good run to 2nd place last night is @weecheez1, so near yet so far, well played cheez.
    Congratulations to last night's winner and our first League leader of the month @FLASHJONNY, very well played Jonny.
    Thank you to all who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the League table after June Week 1

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a long, hot summer (maybe lol). Seven of us made the FT last week so could we get more of us onto the FT this week? That is a definite maybe in my books so I hope that everyone who plays tonight strives to repeat the feat this week. Good luck to all who play tonight and here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, Week 2 is done. There were 38 starters last night with just 16 being Orfy regged and of those (16) 6 made the FT so here they are;
    After a week off, last months overall winner @supercrazy returned to take 10th place last night, well played Mr crazy.
    After knocking me out last night with his AsJs v my AcTc and then putting my chips to good use to make his 1st FT of the month in 5th place (6th overall) was @Boxster, well played Boxy.
    Each of the 4 players left were all making their 2nd FT of the month, the first being @stokefc, who finished 8th on the night but has climbed two places into 4th overall, well played Sean.
    Finishing in 6th would usually, at the very least, keep your overall place the same but last night it was not the case as @weecheez1 dropped one place to 3rd overall, well played nonetheless cheez.
    The player who benifitted from weecheez1's misfortune was @giesahaun, who moved a place higher into 2nd overall after his 3rd place last night, well played giesahaun.
    Last weeks Winner went for the double up last night but ultimately had to settle for 2nd place and still sitting atop the League overall, kudos goes to @FLASHJONNY, well played Jonny.
    I shall be posting next Thursday as I am travelling down to London before flying to Las Vegas on Friday. I shall be away for the next 2 Fridays but never fear I shall be back in time, 30th June, for the July edition of the Orfy beginning July 1st. With that I thank you all for playing and although I shall not be with you, good luck on the tables for the next two weeks.
    Here is the updated League Table after June Week 2

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Enjoy Vegas! <3
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    @SidV79 - Have a great time in Vegas, Andy.
  • FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 171
    Sigh, All that value will be missing tonight :smile:
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,663
    edited June 2022
    @SidV79 is currently unavailable, but has sent me this month's two winners, who are....

Winner: @FLASHJONNY

Runner-up: @weecheez1

We MAY have a problem with these prizes being organised in a timely manner. I'm off to Vegas later this week & MAY not be able to a) access the Forum & b) access the Back End Software I need to register players. And until I get to Vegas I won't know in either case. (It all revolves around Geo-blocking).

Of course, if I can access the Forum & Back End when I arrive in Vegas, then it's as you were, and I'll register you both this Friday, 1st July. Failing that, it will have to wait until I return, & your entry will be on Friday 15th July.

So you will EITHER be entered this Friday (1st July) or on Friday 15th July.

Apologies for all this, but it can't be helped, & you have my word that all Prizes will be honoured. I would ask that players do NOT contact CC to get these prizes sorted please.

Thanks.
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,679
    No problem tikay thanks and thanks sid
    Good evening Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. As you all know I have been M.I.A for the past two Friday's on account of being in Las Vegas but I have returned to normality so here goes with a quick update on the state of play and the prizewinners for June.
    Week 3 saw a miserly 27 starters, with 12 being Orfy regged. Only TWO Orfy regs made the FT, @giesahaun in 5th and @Asho28 in 3rd so well played to both of them. The top two in the League @FLASHJONNY & @giesahaun remained in 1st & 2nd respectively.

Onto Week 4 where there were a much better 43 entrants trying their luck . Of those just 14 were Orfy regged, with 4 making the FT. First a quick mention to the winner @Tom281189, who proved that poker can be a fickle mistress as he turned the previous week's wooden spoon into the win, well played Tom.
    6th place went the way of @Asho28, this was Asho28's 3rd FT in a row but left him in 4th place overall on a score of 9, well played Ash and unlucky not to take a prize.
    4th place went to @wynne1938 leaving him in 7th overall, well played Wynne.
    Finishing one place higher in 3rd was @fredsgirl, who finished in 8th overall, well played Paula.
    Another one place higher, taking 2nd place was @weecheez1, he ended the month as he started, with a 2nd place finish and it was enough to oust @giesahaun from 2nd into 3rd overall and take his place in 2nd overall, well played cheez and commiserations to giesahaun. So after the dust has settled both @FLASHJONNY & @weecheez1 will each receive an entry into a Friday night 9.30pm BH as and when it can be arranged by @Tikay10, our erstwhile moderator and generous giver of prizes. Hope you have a blast in Vegas Tikay, I know I did. I shall be back in the morning to post the July thread so here is the Final League Table for June

@SidV79

It looks like I've resolved my access issues, so I'll put both @FLASHJONNY & @weecheez1 into tonight's £11 BH @ 21.30.
    Tikay10 said:

@SidV79

It looks like I've resolved my access issues, so I'll put both @FLASHJONNY & @weecheez1 into tonight's £11 BH @ 21.30.

Thank you Tony, I shall post an alert on the Forum for them both.