You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Boris; Vote of (No) Confidence is tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Another good 8 mins of film. Worth a watch.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
    edited June 2022
    Boris Johnson Could Soon Be Ousted From No.10 And The Jokes Are Rolling In

Morten Morland
    @mortenmorland
    Monday’s ⁦@thetimes⁩ cartoon https://thetimes.co.uk/article/morten-morland-times-cartoon-june-6-2022-9mv3xfblf

James Felton
    @JimMFelton
    Boris Johnson right now

Larry the Cat
    @Number10cat
    BREAKING: Conservative MPs are going to vote tonight on if they have confidence in Boris Johnson to carry out the role of Prime Minister. Incredibly, some of them are expected to say that they do.

Sam Freedman
    @Samfr
    A bunch of wannabes compete to double cross each other in the vain hope of finding fame and fortune.

And then Love Island is on.
    Jane Merrick
    @janemerrick23
    The country will find out by 9pm tonight whether Boris Johnson is to stay on as Prime Minister, minutes before the new series of #LoveIsland launches

Toby Earle 🇺🇦
    @TobyonTV

Sajid Javid says the no confidence vote is an opportunity to unite

Alexander Brown
    @AlexofBrown
    NEW: Graham Brady confirms I now have to work on my day off

Adam Bienkov
    @AdamBienkov
    Kay Burley on Boris Johnson facing a vote of no confidence tonight:

“Do you think somebody should tell him about the bunting?”

Have I Got News For You
    @haveigotnews
    After Graham Brady receives the 54 letters required to trigger a confidence vote in Boris Johnson, Nadine Dorries insists most of them are letters of support.

Sophia Sleigh
    @SophiaSleigh
    Rather ironic that Tory MPs are now going to vote on whether Boris Johnson should leave or remain

David Baddiel
    @Baddiel
    Wondering if Boris Johnson loses the vote of no confidence he will still find a way not to resign. What I'm saying is I have no confidence in the vote of no confidence.

Laura Kuenssberg Translator
    @BBCLauraKT
    BREAKING: I must bring you the devastating news that a vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson has been triggered, following a woke leftie plot by his own MPs

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-could-soon-ousted-104702789.html
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    MAXALLY said:

Another good 8 mins of film. Worth a watch.

This should be broadcast on prime time tv.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548

Nothing wrong/ or to see here .... move along, the party singer's are due.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    edited June 2022
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

Actually I think Boris saw this was a possibility at some point and that's why he appointed unknowns with little experience to the Cabinet.

I personally think he's a reprehensible little man but a little like Claudius (who played the fool and fooled them all) has the political savvy to survive.

At the moment there is no credible leader and no credible opposition.

Agree with all of this apart from the last 3 words.

There is a very credible opposition. Has been for a long time, with the exception of Corbyn.

A lot of Ed Milliband's manifesto is now Conservative Party policy. Funny how the Tory Press ridicule various things when they are Labour policies, and praise them when the Conservatives do the exact same thing. Like the Windfall Tax.
    It could've been all so different if he hadn't eaten that bacon sandwich...

This is precisely the sort of nonsense that the Press come up with.

We had a clear choice between 2 people to run the country. Which 1 of these criteria do you think should be most important:-

1. Compare/contrast the manifestos
    2. Look at 1 Party's record in Government
    3. Compare/contrast 2 above with other Party's record in Opposition
    4. Compare/contrast the leaders/Front Benches
    5. Set out the likely disadvantages/advantages of each party winning
    6. Ignore all the above and lampoon the way someone eats a Bacon sandwich

I would suggest the Public would be better served by 1 (or indeed 5) of 1-5 above.
    Not 6.
  • Options
    He is still there.
    211 to 148.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

He is still there.
    211 to 148.

Worse than Theresa May.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    HAYSIE said:

He is still there.
    211 to 148.

The PM's are normally gone within 6 months of the first No Confidence Vote :)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,281
    Less than 60% must mean his position is untenable.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    You throw the rubbish out bit at a time, the bin men collect it in one go later on.
  • Options
  • Options
    Boris Johnson survives no-confidence vote: here's why he's still not safe

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-wins-no-confidence-vote-what-happens-next-200459894.html
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Newsreader accidentally says 'Jeremy C**t' instead of Jeremy Hunt

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/newsreader-accidentally-says-jeremy-c-215600173.html

JEREMY HUNT - THE FULL CUNTPENDIUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf1vcXqn1Yg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Pinocchio Johnson believes that this was a "victory", and a "decisive result". Remarkably, he calls the result a "mandate". Let's briefly look at the votes, and the voters.

There were 359 votes. 211 in his favour. And 148 (41%) against. a worse result than the last hurrahs for both Major and May.

It is most certainly not a free vote. Because anyone who is part of the Government has a clear duty to do 1 of 2 things-either to vote in favour of the person who leads the Government of which they are a part. Or to resign.

There are 105 MPs who are officially part of this Government, according to YouGov. Of those, 2 resigned. Which means 103 members of Government voted for Boris (or are the worst sort of duplicitous liar).

So-of the Conservative MPs who had a genuinely free vote, 108 voted for Boris. And 146 against.

The above is why PMs tend to survive the confidence vote, and fall as a result of the plotters within Government later.

To quote Lord Hague (IMO the best PM the Tories never had):-

The former Conservative leader Lord Hague has called on Boris Johnson to quit as PM, saying he has experienced a "greater level of rejection" than any of his predecessors.

Writing in the Times

, the peer says that while Johnson survived the vote, "the damage done to his premiership is severe".

"Words have been said that cannot be retracted, reports published that cannot be erased, and votes have been cast that show a greater level of rejection than any Tory leader has ever endured and survived," he writes.

"Deep inside, he should recognise that, and turn his mind to getting out in a way that spares party and country such agonies and uncertainties."
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,281
    Question now is this.

Would Boris be spiteful enough to call a snap election and smirk as many of those who tried to oust him lose their seats amid the backlash from the electorate.
  • Options

Question now is this.

Would Boris be spiteful enough to call a snap election and smirk as many of those who tried to oust him lose their seats amid the backlash from the electorate.

Spiteful enough to threaten it, certainly. Only got to look at the way he has treated all his previous employers.

But to do it? Unlikely. He will be concentrating on how to maximise his earnings once he leaves.

Which may include being a pantomime villain, loved and loathed in large amounts. Not hated by those people he wishes to ponce off.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    A very good analogy from 'Yer Man' Lord Hague ......"Boris Johnson 'trying to drive along the M1 with flat tyres'.... " :#:D

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/william-hague-boris-johnson-rejected-234127997.html
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
  • Options
    Tory MP voted for Johnson after ministers promised to review funding in his area

The Tory MP for the Isle of Wight has said he voted for Boris Johnson to keep his job after securing a review into funding for his local council.

Bob Seely said he decided to support the Prime Minister in the confidence motion on Monday after ministers assured him they will take another look at funding for the south coast island.

“I talked again with ministers about why a fair funding package has not yet been forthcoming for the Isle of Wight Council.

“I have been assured they will look at this again and will do so in the very near future, ahead of the ongoing review of local government finance.

Bob Seely MP
    @IoWBobSeely
    Last night, I voted that I had confidence in the PM as Leader of the Conservative Party, although not without some consideration and only after discussion with senior ministers.

You can read my reasons here 👇

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-mp-voted-for-johnson-after-ministers-promised-to-review-funding-in-his-area/ar-AAYaYqW?bk=1&bk=1&ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cbf631ece00140f3b4139dae6243ce64