You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

July is DOUBLE POINTS MONTH

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809

DOUBLE POINTS MONTH

Earn double poker points on all games throughout July
Friday 1st July - Sunday 31st July

STAKING REQUIREMENTS APPLY. T&CS APPLY.

Boost your weekly Sky Poker Rewards this July by earning double points playing any real money game. It's as simple as that!

For every £1 paid in rake on tournaments and Sit & Gos you will earn 20 poker points.

For every £1 rake paid on cash tables you will earn 12 poker points. This means that raking just £2.50 on tournaments and Sit & Gos or £4.17 on cash tables in a promotional week will give you access to £5,000 worth of Freerolls.

Start climbing the Reward tiers faster than ever with 31 straight days of double points!

Comments

• CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Good enough reason to play a bit more in July :)
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited June 2022
    I might just about manage to get a £Fiver :p

Nice promo though ....... WELL DONE SKYPoker
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Tikay10 said:

For every £1 rake paid on cash tables you will earn 12 poker points. This means that raking just £2.50 on tournaments and Sit & Gos or £4.17 on cash tables in a promotional week will give you access to £5,000 worth of Freerolls.

Why do Sky give cash game players significantly worse rewards per £1 paid in rake compared to SNG/MTT players?

I'm not asking as an excuse to moan and am genuinely curious as to the logic behind this business decision.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809

Tikay10 said:

Why do Sky give cash game players significantly worse rewards per £1 paid in rake compared to SNG/MTT players?

I'm not asking as an excuse to moan and am genuinely curious as to the logic behind this business decision.

@Duesenberg

Evening Mr Dues.

Since when did you need an excuse to moan?

As to your question, I have no idea, but the slick PR man deep inside me sees it differently, cash players don't get worse, SNG/MTT players get better.
  • TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    Good promo, almost everyone will benefit. Will be worth bringing my play over in July.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    yeah this promo may bring me over to sky for the month will see how things go generally. I am on the rota for the fri sat and sun. I work 3 day week now 3 12-14 hour days.

So I am glad this is not the premiership promo as I would have no chance at that and so would have headed to other site for the month if they had done that.
  • Humphrey43Humphrey43 Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2022

Tikay10 said:

They don't, at all the reason you get less points for rake in cash is because you pay rake much more often, if you play a £11 MTT for 3 hours you will pay £1 in rake and get 10 points where as if you play cash 5/10 for 3 hours you will pay much higher rake as you pay rake on every hand, and a 3 hour session of 5/10 cash will result in you gaining much more points at least 20+, I learnt this when I played a week where I grinded mainly 5/10 cash although I'm usually an MTT player, if I played 5 nights a week of MTTs I will usually end the week with between 100 and 200 points, the week I grinded cash I had about 800. It's much much easier to grind points playing cash.
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,578

Tikay10 said:

They don't, at all the reason you get less points for rake in cash is because you pay rake much more often, if you play a £11 MTT for 3 hours you will pay £1 in rake and get 10 points where as if you play cash 5/10 for 3 hours you will pay much higher rake as you pay rake on every hand, and a 3 hour session of 5/10 cash will result in you gaining much more points at least 20+, I learnt this when I played a week where I grinded mainly 5/10 cash although I'm usually an MTT player, if I played 5 nights a week of MTTs I will usually end the week with between 100 and 200 points, the week I grinded cash I had about 800. It's much much easier to grind points playing cash.
    Much easier to loose more money as well.
  • 0606 Member Posts: 2
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Duesenberg

Evening Mr Dues.

Since when did you need an excuse to moan?

As to your question, I have no idea, but the slick PR man deep inside me sees it differently, cash players don't get worse, SNG/MTT players get better.
    world class deflection
  • 0606 Member Posts: 2

Tikay10 said:

truth is cash game players can play tons of volume on multiple stakes to take advantage of the promo and they don't want that. They will lose far too much hourly rake by paying it back to the grinders. they want to fill up the mtt schedule and keep the sngs running.