You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Want a sizzling Summer? Play the Orfordable League & win extra prizes

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,009
edited July 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, July Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on August 5th

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:July 1st- Winner: THECHIMP; League leader: THECHIMP

Week 2:July 8th- Winner: unregged player; League Leader: weecheez1

Week 3:July 15th- Winner: ray01; League Leader: weecheez1

Week 4: July 22nd- Winner: goldnballz; League Leader: goldnballz

Week 5: July 29th- Winner: unregged player; League Winner: goldnballz; Runner-up: weecheez1

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday August 5th 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday August 5th 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday August 5th 2022

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,009
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. A new month has arrived so time to reset and start the route to success again in the sizzling July edition of the Orfy.
    As has been previously stated our winners for June may or may not be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH but I will keep checking for them to see if Tikay has weaved his magic from across The Pond in Vegas. Other than that I wish each and every one who plays tonight the very best of luck, here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, tghere were 35 runners last night with 15 being Orfy regged. Of those 15 Orfy regs 5 made the FT so here they are in all their glory.
    Taking 8th on the night, in 5th overall, was @Boomswitch, it seems a while since you got a mention Boom, well played.
    Keeping up his good run of form was last month's runner-up @weecheez1 who finished in 5th place last night and took 4th in the League. Also he took a few bounties to make his prize worthwhile, well played cheez.
    Taking 3rd place last night and also 3rd in the League was @Boxster, who regularly gets a mention in these threads, well played Boxy.
    Sitting 2nd in the League after his 2nd place last night is @Asho28. Ash is on a remarkable run of form with his last 4 finishes (in the Orfy) being 8th, 3rd, 6th and now 2nd. You just need to climb that last step to top it off, very well played Ash.
    Our winner last night, sitting atop the League, was @THECHIMP who is another regular in these reports and I am certain he will be battling for a prize come this month's end, very well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone for playing last night and I hope to see you all again next Friday.
    Here is the League Table after july Week 1

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    edited July 2022
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, tghere were 35 runners last night with 15 being Orfy regged. Of those 15 Orfy regs 5 made the FT so here they are in all their glory.
    Taking 8th on the night, in 5th overall, was @Boomswitch, it seems a while since you got a mention Boom, well played.
    Keeping up his good run of form was last month's runner-up @weecheez1 who finished in 5th place last night and took 4th in the League. Also he took a few bounties to make his prize worthwhile, well played cheez.
    Taking 3rd place last night and also 3rd in the League was @Boxster, who regularly gets a mention in these threads, well played Boxy.
    Sitting 2nd in the League after his 2nd place last night is @Asho28. Ash is on a remarkable run of form with his last 4 finishes (in the Orfy) being 8th, 3rd, 6th and now 2nd. You just need to climb that last step to top it off, very well played Ash.
    Our winner last night, sitting atop the League, was @THECHIMP who is another regular in these reports and I am certain he will be battling for a prize come this month's end, very well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone for playing last night and I hope to see you all again next Friday.
    Here is the League Table after july Week 1

Had a flick through my previous results in the Orfy as I know I've ran very well in it recently, and turns out I've FT'd it on the last 7 occasions that I've played it. Think the days of being referred to as the "serial early exiteer" are long gone. However, none of those 7 occasions have resulted in wins, so you might want to bestow the title of "final-table bottlejob" upon me now instead. :lol:

Great fun as always last night and was good to hear you enjoyed your time out in Vegas @SidV79

Well done to @THECHIMP on last night's win and see you all next week.
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. Week 2 (of 5) is upon us already as time marches on relentlessly towards another Orfy tourney.
    Will @THECHIMP still be at #1 after tonight? Can @Asho28 continue his run of FT's? All will be revealed in tomorrow mornings post.
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, another week passes us by and we have a new League Leader. There were 34 taking the start line this week with 15 being Orfy regged and of those 15 just 4 made the FT.
    @Asho28 was on a run of a magnificent 7 (SEVEN) consecutive FTs but unfortunately that run ended last night with a 23rd place finish, dropping him down 2 places into 4th overall, unlucky Ash, I was hoping you could keep the run going but well played nonetheless.
    A regular in these reports is @THEHERDEIE who claimed his first FT of the month by claiming 10th place last night and is now in 12th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Another first FT of the month went the way of @wynne1938 who took 7th place last night, leaving him in 9th overall, well played Wynne.
    Another regular in these reports @goldnballz battled his way into 2nd place last night, climbing into 3rd overall, well played Keith.
    Last weeks winner and League Leader @THECHIMP dropped a place to 2nd overall on the back of a 13th place finish, I am certain he will be there or thereabouts come this month's end, well played Mr Chimp.
    Taking the League Lead after claiming a 2nd FT in a row was @weecheez1 who finished in 3rd last night, giving him a total score of 8, well played cheez.
    Thank you to everyone who played, I hope to see you all next week. Here is the updated League table after July Week 2

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well and enjoying the lovely weather. Week 3 is upon us already and as this is a 5 Friday month, this marks the halfway point for July.
    @weecheez1 took over as League Leader last week but will he be able to hang on to it? His score of 8 is a good one but recent results have shown that might not be enough to claim a prize at month end so it is all hands to the pump for everyone in the hunt for a prize. I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck, here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, we had 40 starters last night, 20 of whom were Orfy regged and of those 5 made the FT.
    All five players were making their first FT of the month with 2 being first time out in the Orfy this month so it is those two with whom I shall start.
    Taking the win last night was @ray01, putting him in with a brilliant chance of a prize at month end. Congrats on the win and very well played Ray.
    We do not see @HENDRIK62 anywhere near enough but when he does decide to play he usually runs pretty well and so it was again last night as he made it to the FT, finishing in 8th place, well played Neil.
    Now sitting in 11th overall after a 9th place finish last night, is @supercrazy, well played Mr crazy.
    Climbing one place into 5th overall after a 7th place last night was little old me, the less said about this the better lol.
    One place higher in 4th overall, climbing 6 places in the process, and after folding his way into the money @FLASHJONNY finished in 6th last night, well played Jonny.
    Even though none of the top three troubled the scorers this week they remain the same with @goldnballz in 3rd, @THECHIMP in 2nd and still leading the League @weecheez1. Thank you to everyone who played, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after July Week 3

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and have all survived the (what the MSM was spouting) armageddon weather we had at the start of the week. For those that have we are on Week 4 (of 5) so it is time to stake a claim on a prize for this month. Anyone who makes the FT tonight will stand an excellent chance of grabbing a prize next week as the scores at the top of the League are all eminently beatable so I would like to wish everyone who plays the very best of luck tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

edited July 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk, with one more week to go we had our "moving week", just as golf has it's "moving day" on Day 3 (of 4), on Week 4 (of 5) meaning the top of the table looks quite different. There were 35 players last night with 18 being Orfy regged and of those 6 made the FT.
    Making his 2nd consecutive FT was @FLASHJONNY in 8th place last night although this meant that he dropped 3 places into 7th overall on a score of 14, well played Jonny.
    Also with a 2nd consecutive FT, finishing 2 places higher in 6th place but also dropping 2 places into 6th overall on a score of 13 was myself.
    Last week's 2nd place sitter overall @THECHIMP managed to bubble the FT and improve his score to 12 but fell by 3 places overall into 5th, well played Mr Chimp.
    Another making his 2nd consecutive FT was @HENDRIK62, who claimed 3rd place last night which moved him up a massive 13 places to 4th overall on a score of 11, well played Neil.
    A 2nd FT of the month went the way of @Boxster, finishing in 4th place and climbing a hefty 6 places up to 3rd overall with a good score of 7, well played Boxy.
    Our League leader made his 3rd FT of the month but it was not quite enough for him to hold on to that lead as he fell to 2nd overall, even though @weecheez1 finished in 2nd place last night to improve his overall score to a very good 5, well played cheez.
    So we have a new League leader in the shape of @goldnballz. His 2nd FT of the month saw him take the win last night, moving from 3rd to 1st in the process and on an excellent score of 3 to boot. Congrats on the win Keith and very well played.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see everyone next week for the Finale of the month.
    Here is the updated League table after July Week 4

Good morning Orfy folk and welcome to Week 5 of 5 where the dishing out of prizes will occur. @goldnballz & @weecheez1 are the current prize winning incumbents, can they be dislodged at the last minute? I have no doubt that the poker Gods will have their say tonight so all I can say is play to your best ability, maybe the Gods will smile upon you. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. There were 41 starters for the final week of July, with just 16 being Orfy regged and of those 5 made the FT.
    A first FT of the month for @MAXALLY, finishing in 9th place, moved him up the League by 3 places into 14th, well played Alan.
    Also making a first FT this month was @Toffeeandy, who finished in 6th place last night, this helped him make the biggest move of the week, up 7 places to 11th overall, well played Andy.
    Another first time FT for this month saw @daggers747 make a big move this week by climbing 5 places to 8th overall, after his 2nd place last night, well played daggers.
    A second FT of the month, finishing in 10th last night, was not enough to stop @Boomswitch from falling a place into 10th overall, well played Boom.
    Improving your score by making three FTs in a row usually points towards a prize but this was not the case last night as @HENDRIK62 finished in 7th to improve his overall score by 1 to 10, meaning he remains locked into 4th overall, well played Neil.
    I do not recall ever seeing the top SEVEN players remain in the same exact positions as they were the week before but this anomaly has occurred this week, even though one of those players made the FT. The odds on this happening must be astronomical!
    Therefore the top three all remain the same with none of them remotely troubling the scorer this week.
    Finishing in 3rd overall, with a total score of 7, was @Boxster, well played Boxy, so close mate.
    A 2nd place finish overall, on a score of 5, is nothing to be sniffed at as @weecheez1 takes the Runner-up prize for July, well played cheez.
    Congratulations go to your July Winner @goldnballz and it is well deserved as a total score of just 3 is almost unbeatable, very well played Keith.
    @goldnballz & @weecheez1 will be automatically entered into next Friday's, August 5th, 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Thank you to everyone who played this month and I hope to see you all next week. Here is the Final July League table after Week 5

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Thanks Andy B)
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,678
    Cheers andy

Thanks Andy B)

No problem mate. Will you be going to Manc SPT and/or Blackpool (I shall be at both)?
    weecheez1 said:

Cheers andy

No problem cheez. Will you be going to Manc SPT?
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    SidV79 said:

Thanks Andy B)

No problem mate. Will you be going to Manc SPT and/or Blackpool (I shall be at both)?
    Doubtful atm (SPT) struggling to get it off work :(