You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Improving the Daily Results thread. Any ideas?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,788

If anyone has any ideas as how we can make the Results Thread a little better, & maybe promote a little more readership & engagement, hit me up please.

Don't worry about criticising the current format, I'm a big boy.

Just be good to see it do a little better.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,054
    I think this just needs to rely more on what you want to talk about. Because engagement tends to be relating to what you say, by and large.

Probably just need 3 regular daily MTTs. Say, the 18:30, Mini & Main.

Then, just a mixture of what else you fancy highlighting or, if someone DMs you, a name check in response to a specific request.
  • Options
    HUGHMANSHUGHMANS Member Posts: 120
    Frankly, I liked the old version covering just the bigguns. I do like the preamble tho with commentary on volumes vs gtees and more general views of yours on the industry as a whole. Who done what can also be interesting i.e. single sat to win main etc etc. Do not be discouraged tho TK, you are doing a great job, but dont know how to get more views other than perhaps a subtle promo box on the FTs . M
  • Options

That's interesting, as it is a useful sort of soap-box where I can get things off my chest.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    I like your personal touches Tikay and any soap box stuff I do enjoy reading.

Maybe every 2nd or 3rd day for a Results Thread and soap boxy/life stuff every other day? Only throwing it out there and think it's great that you have the stamina to put as much energy and time into these threads as you have.

It's very much appreciated from this end. :smile:
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    throwing in one or two bad beats normally gets the conversation flowing :D
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,596
    I like the soapbox stuff so please keep that.
    Maybe just links to the actual results where you can click on and find details of the ones you are interested in?
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

Maybe just links to the actual results where you can click on and find details of the ones you are interested in?

That would save me a MOUNTAIN of time, but worth noting that the links expire after around 48 hours. Once they expire, clicking them only produces this....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=36624581&guid=818b680a-3b6f-47d4-9f96-96f746b80856
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    bbMike said:

throwing in one or two bad beats normally gets the conversation flowing :D

Groan.....

Yeah, love reading folks moaning about bad beats. Good idea for a "soapbox" theme one day this week perhaps, though I fancy "why don't you just grow up?" won't endear me to readers.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,596
    Tikay10 said:

tai-gar said:

That would save me a MOUNTAIN of time, but worth noting that the links expire after around 48 hours. Once they expire, clicking them only produces this....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=36624581&guid=818b680a-3b6f-47d4-9f96-96f746b80856
    Would be ok for me so if it would save you that much time see what the others think.

I am just as likely to get featured in the empty boxes after 48 hours than in the others anyway.

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    One small tweak I'd like to see is including the buy-in of each event. Most I'll know but, with frequently changing guarantees, it's not always clear if something listed as a "£400 Bounty Hunter" was a £2.20 or a £5.50 game.

Number of runners (plus rebuys) could also be good. If something misses guarantee readers of the results thread currently have no idea by how much it missed.
  • Options
    edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    If people haven't clicked the link within 48 hours, then they are probably not that interested in who won what.

If it greatly reduces your workload then I would go for this.
  • Options

One small tweak I'd like to see is including the buy-in of each event. Most I'll know but, with frequently changing guarantees, it's not always clear if something listed as a "£400 Bounty Hunter" was a £2.20 or a £5.50 game.

Number of runners (plus rebuys) could also be good. If something misses guarantee readers of the results thread currently have no idea by how much it missed.

@Duesenberg

Very fair comment on the first point, I'll certainly address that, though I'm not sure I'd agree that guarantees are "frequently changing". Guess it depends how one views "frequently".

As to point 2, I'll have a think at how best to address that without adding too much workload. Many poker people seem to LOVE bad news, it's such good tittle-tattle ammo, so maybe an Overlay Report would be well received.
  • Options
    DONN001DONN001 Member Posts: 702
    MAYBE ADD THE 19.18 PLO8 WHICH MIGHT HAVE A POSITIVE AFFECT ON THE OTHER PLO8 GAMES WHICH MIGHT INCREASE NUMBERS FOR THE PLO8 LEAGUE WHICH COO1UM DOES A GREAT JOB IN RUNNING THE PLO8 LEAGUE
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Tikay10 said:

@Duesenberg

Very fair comment on the first point, I'll certainly address that, though I'm not sure I'd agree that guarantees are "frequently changing". Guess it depends how one views "frequently".

As to point 2, I'll have a think at how best to address that without adding too much workload. Many poker people seem to LOVE bad news, it's such good tittle-tattle ammo, so maybe an Overlay Report would be well received.
    The older I get, the more frequently things seem to occur. I swear Christmas happens once every 3 months now.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,530
    Could you possibly add the 6.30 freeroll to the reports.

....not every day, of course B)

Hope the jet lag isnt as bad as your wait at Heathrow.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281

Tikay10 said:

@Duesenberg

The older I get, the more frequently things seem to occur. I swear Christmas happens once every 3 months now.
    Ah, you're at that tipping point age, once you get past that point things can happen as often as they like, you won't remember them anyway.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    If just providing a link to full results saves you time and gives you more time for your general poker chit chat waffle and soap boxing then do that.

I'm sure the vast majority of people read the thread for your insight into things and occasions when you have a story behind a player winning through an all in sat or breaking through a total wins on Sky Poker milestone etc.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    edited July 2022
    FWIW I read them every day. Its hard to interact to them much other than to say well played to those who done well.

Have you ever played "Tikay knows?" If not I will explain. If you have, then we can start from tomorrow :)

PS: its an extremely simple concept.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    PKRPar said:

FWIW I read them every day. Its hard to interact to them much other than to say well played to those who done well.

Have you ever played "Tikay knows?" If not I will explain. If you have, then we can start from tomorrow :)

PS: its an extremely simple concept.

@PKRPar

Understood as to interaction, & I'm not too bothered, the nature of it does not really warrant much feedback. I'm just trying to make it better, more interesting, try & keep it fresh.

"tikay knows", no, I'm not familiar with it, unless it's related somehow to "Lodden thinks".

Now Mr Dour Bloke, you may enlighten me.

• Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    it is indeed Lodden thinks.

Would you be keen? If so I could send you 7 questions weekly which you could include in your roundups at the end; and then people could guess with you revealing your own answer in the following days roundup?