You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Books.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Wow, once a wrong 'un, always a wrong 'un.

Another dodgy Arsenal player.
    @HAYSIE

Dodgy hair, for sure.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,043
    Nice to have some I suppose.
  • Options

Murder Town
    By: Shelley Burr
    Narrated by: Jacquie Brennan
    Length: 8 hrs and 56 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 28-12-23

Summary
    A small town stained by a brutal historic crime.

A community torn over burying or embracing it.

A past waiting to rear its ugly head.

The second novel from the award-winning author of international bestseller WAKE, picked as a Guardian Book of the Year in 2022.

Gemma Guillory has lived in Rainier her entire life. She knows the tiny town's ins and outs like the back of her hand, the people like they are her family, their quirks as if they were her own.

She knows her once charming town is now remembered for one reason, and one reason only. That three innocent people died. That the last stop on the Rainier Ripper's trail of deaths fifteen years ago was her innocuous little tea shop. She knows that the consequences of catching the Ripper still haunt her policeman husband and their marriage to this day and that some of her neighbours are desperate - desperate enough to welcome a dark tourism company keen to cash in on Rainier's reputation as the murder town.

When the tour operator is killed by a Ripper copycat on Gemma's doorstep, the unease that has lurked quietly in the original killer's wake turns to foreboding, and she's drawn into the investigation. Unbeknownst to her, so is a prisoner named Lane Holland.

Gemma knows her town. She knows her people. Doesn't she?
  • Options
    @Essexphil

They Thought I Was Dead
    Sandy's Story
    By: Peter James
    Length: 16 hrs
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 09-05-24

Summary
    Peter James, the number one, multi-million copy bestselling author of the Grace series returns with a standalone novel with a difference.

Some will know how it begins...

Her name is Sandy. You might know her as the loving wife of Detective Superintendent Roy Grace. But there's more to her than meets the eye. A woman with a dubious past, a complicated present and an uncertain future. Then she was gone...

Some will know how it ends...

Her disappearance caused a nationwide search. Even the best detective on the force couldn't find her. They thought she was dead.

But nobody knows this...

Where did she go? Why did she run? What would cause a woman to leave her whole life behind and simply vanish?

For the first time, the number one, multi-million copy bestselling author Peter James reveals the truth behind Sandy Grace’s dramatic disappearance. They thought I Was Dead will thrill fans and new listeners alike with its gripping story of a woman on the run. This is Sandy's story.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Timeshare salesman? :)

Where Ravens Roost
    Detective Kjeld Nygaard, Book 1

By: Karin Nordin
    Narrated by: Matt Addis
    Series: Detective Kjeld Nygaard, Book 1
    Length: 12 hrs and 2 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 15-04-21

Summary
    Shortlisted for the 2022 CWA John Creasey (New Blood) Dagger award

In a small town full of secrets, anyone could be a killer.

Detective Kjeld Nygaard wants nothing more than to forget his family and Varsund, the small mining town he once called home, even exist. But while on suspension after his last case went disastrously wrong, his estranged father, Stenar, leaves a message on Kjeld’s phone claiming he’s seen a murder.

But with no evidence and Stenar suffering from Alzheimer’s, the local police think he must have imagined it. Kjeld can’t stop himself from investigating what actually happened and soon discovers a body. But when the police start to suspect Stenar, it’s a race against time to discover the truth before it’s lost forever.

But will uncovering the truth expose family secrets that are best left buried?

Atmospheric and addictive, Where Ravens Roost is a gripping crime thriller perfect for fans of J M Dalgliesh, Angela Marsons and Jo Nesbo.

Critic reviews
    "A delicious slice of Scandi noir - such a dark, atmospheric and compelling story! And ahh, if only those ravens could talk." (Jackie Kabler, author of The Perfect Couple)

"Brooding and atmospheric - full of mystery and twists where nothing is quite as it seems." (Catherine Cooper, author of The Chalet)

"Such a great thriller with superb characterization to boot. Hard to believe that it's a debut. Looking forward to catching up with Detective Kjeld Nygaard and co." (Khurrum Rahman, author of Homegrown Hero)

Last One Alive
    By: Karin Nordin
    Narrated by: Matt Addis
    Series: Detective Kjeld Nygaard, Book 2

Length: 11 hrs and 14 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 11-11-21

Summary
    They survived once. Can he save them this time?

When Detective Kjeld Nygaard is called to the discovery of a body in the burnt-out shell of a house, his heart sinks. He never wanted to see this house again. The house of a notorious serial killer. The house where he rescued Louisa Karlsson from being murdered.

But when they discover the body is in fact Louisa, the mystery deepens. It can’t be the old serial killer. He’s dead.

Then another body is found, again killed in the exact place where Kjeld saved them from another murderer. Another survivor dead.

With the clock ticking, Kjeld and his partner, Detective Esme Jansson, are desperate to stop any more survivors from being murdered. But every clue they find leads to a dead end. Why is the killer picking off people Kjeld rescued? Could it be connected to another of his previous cases?

When Kjeld’s daughter is kidnapped - it’s a race against time to save her life. Can Kjeld stop the killer without paying the ultimate price, or will he be the last one alive?

A heart-stopping and gripping crime thriller that will keep you up all night! Perfect for fans of Helen Phifer, Lisa Regan and D. K. Hood.

Critic reviews
    "A riveting and gripping mystery that kept me turning pages into the late hours of the night.... This book is impossible to put down!" (Stephanie DeCarolis, USA Today best-selling author of The Guilty Husband)

"A high-stakes story which ratchets up the tension as it plunges the reader into a dark and suspenseful tale. Nygaard is becoming one of my favourite detectives. Recommended!" (Louise Mumford, best-selling author of Sleepless)

"This series left the starting blocks at a sprint, and it just gets better. Kjeld and Esme jump off the page fully formed...it feels like we've known them forever." (Paul Gitsham, author of the DCI Warren Jones series)
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    Seen this on bbc news, thought of this thread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67646676

:)
  • Options

Seen this on bbc news, thought of this thread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67646676

:)

That is a load of books.
  • Options
    Halfway through this, and it is good.

Stay Buried
    DI Lockyer, Book 1
    By: Kate Webb

Narrated by: James Lailey
    Series: DI Lockyer, Book 1
    Length: 13 hrs and 36 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 27-10-22

Summary
    A twisty and atmospheric Wiltshire-set crime novel from a brilliant new voice in the genre. Stay Buried will keep you guessing until the end.

Detective Inspector Matt Lockyer has been side-lined to working cold cases, following a bad decision he made in a recent investigation in order to support a friend. Lockyer isn't too bothered though, as it gives him the chance to review some of the cases that keep him up at night and to look into his own brother's senseless killing, which still remains unsolved.

On a quiet afternoon, Lockyer receives a phone call from prisoner Hedy Lambert—a woman he put inside for murder 14 years ago. She informs him that the man she was originally accused of killing has turned up alive and well. She begs him to reopen her case.

All those years ago, Lockyer had been the one to pin down Hedy's motive, but deep down he'd never wanted to believe she was guilty. The thought that he might have sent an innocent woman down for life doesn't sit well with him, and he agrees to reopen the investigation. But has it become too personal, and is he being manipulated? Perhaps there are some cases should just stay buried.

Most relevant
    Filter by:

All stars
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Performance 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Annie D
    Annie D
    03-06-23
    What a great story and great narration!
    I so enjoyed this book. Such lovely twists and turns and clever use of language . And as for the narration....listen to everything and anything by James Lailey. He is so entertaining and interesting to listen to.

Was this review helpful for you?

Helpful
    Report this
    1 person found this helpful

Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 4 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Amazon Customer
    Amazon Customer
    28-04-23
    Took me a few go’s to get into first few chapters
    Struggled initially but then started to really enjoy it

I chose this because of narrator I find lovely to listen to

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Orvieto
    Orvieto
    06-05-23
    Loved it!
    What a great new series,I really warmed to detective Matt Lockyer a decent, yet troubled soul. Superb narration, can’t wait for next book,

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Georgie lamont
    Georgie lamont
    27-04-23
    Great story
    Loved this book hope there's a new one soon want to see how it evolves and reader was great

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Melanie.Price
    Melanie.Price
    04-05-23
    Loved it!!!!
    I was addicted to this book and could not stop reading it. Well written story and fab narration!
    When is book 2 coming out, you can’t leave me with that ending!!!!

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for LM23
    LM23
    13-11-23
    Really good plot and well written. Recommended
    Brilliant all round. Made my long car journeys pass quickly by. It wont disappoint. Great narration as well.

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for barbara winters
    barbara winters
    12-06-23
    Absolutely brilliant
    This must count as the best story I have listened to. Extremely well written and narrated. The story had lots of twists and turns that kept you guessing and on occasion brought tears to my eyes. Absolutely loved it.

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Doris Jones
    Doris Jones
    12-07-23
    Captivating
    Simply brilliant story and narrated truly magnificent. Couldn't stop listening to the twists and turns unfolding.

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Liz Haynes
    Liz Haynes
    24-08-23
    Loved it!
    Good story, well narrated, .I enjoyed the plot and the ending. Look forward to the follow up !

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for susan pratt
    susan pratt
    17-06-23
    A new author to my collection
    Slow to begin with ,but totally hooked at how the story line unfolded .Already pre ordered book 2 and look forward to this brand new series .

• Options

Laying Out the Bones
    DI Lockyer, Book 2

Series: DI Lockyer, Book 2
    Length: 13 hrs and 39 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 26-10-23

Summary
    A TERRIBLE CRIME WAITS TO BE UNEARTHED.

The second twisty and atmospheric Wiltshire-set crime novel in the DI Lockyer Series. Perfect for fans of Ann Cleeves and Val McDermid.

A long, hot summer in Wiltshire is broken by a sudden downpour. Flash floods bring something sinister to the surface - a human skeleton. When forensic testing matches the bones to a man named Lee Geary, reported missing nine years earlier, the case is passed to DI Matt Lockyer.

Geary was a known drug user, so it could be a simple case of misadventure, but Lockyer isn't so sure. Geary was a townie, and had learning disabilities, so what was he doing out on the Plain all alone? Lockyer soon learns that the year he disappeared, Geary was questioned in relation to another crime - the murder of a young woman named Holly Gilbert.

With the help of DC Gemma Broad, Lockyer begins to dig deeper, and discovers that two other persons of interest in the Holly Gilbert case have also either died or disappeared in the intervening years. A coincidence? Or a string of murders that has gone undetected for nearly a decade...?

Critic reviews
    'Compassionate, transporting and intricately plotted . . . I'm a huge fan' Emylia Hall, author of The Shell House Detectives

'Unputdownable . . . I didn't want it to end' Jenny Ashcroft, author of The Echoes of Love

'Twisty and satisfying' Kate Riordan, author of Summer Fever

Well Worth a Listen
    First off, I had listened and thoroughly enjoyed the first Lockyer book in the series, so I looked forward to to this. Again I throughly enjoyed this. I am originally from not far the area these books are set. So with that i am totally full of praise for the performance of James Lalley, his characterisation as well as his authentic accents-not yer usual "Midsomer Worzal" trite cliche.
    The story works well, but like any story there always going to be some areas that push the boundaries of coincidence-as is the case her, but it still works well. I will now follow the series as it progresses..

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Klyn
    Klyn
    27-10-23
    getting better
    some bits make you worried about the intelligence of the police but it was a good listen. good narration and I will be getting the next one.
    Most will guess a lot of the outcomes but still worth the circuitous road walked by "Farmer Giles"

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Mrs CJ
    Mrs CJ
    17-11-23
    Really good story, fantastic narration
    Several stories all beautifully tied up. I live in the area the action takes place in, which makes me invested in the characters and places. This was as good as the first story. The main characters are well rounded, the story was plausible and because I like them I want to know what happens next. I’ve probably got another year to wait, but I’m looking forward to No. 3. There will be one, won’t there??

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for TheJHD
    TheJHD
    29-10-23
    Brilliant
    There’s something about the way these books are written that pulls you in and you can’t put it down. Can’t wait for the next one

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Amazon Customer
    Amazon Customer
    25-11-23
    Great listen
    Well written and wonderfully narrated. Great new series which I’m really looking forward to following.

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Colette
    Colette
    01-11-23
    Absolutely brilliant
    Loved book one in this series and this is even better. Strong characters and a gripping plot.
    Very well read.

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 4 out of 5 stars
    Performance 4 out of 5 stars
    Story 4 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Ellie Hasard
    Ellie Hasard
    15-12-23
    Excellent - gripping and thought provoking
    An excellent follow-up to Stay Buried. The characters of Lockyer and Broad are deepened and their relationship is strengthened as they investigate a particularly complex case. The problems they are grappling with in their own lives provide a good background to the case, both reflecting and casting light on some of its more troubling aspects. James Lailey is sensitive a I look forward to more novels in this series.

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Tracey Smith
    Tracey Smith
    02-12-23
    Brilliant fantastic story right to the end
    Great story kept guessing to the end and unlike other authors finished everything off with a proper ending / brilliant !

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for eGJ
    eGJ
    03-11-23
    Another outing for Lockyer on the Plain
    Superb! Compulsive listening as Matthew Lockyer unravels the many threads of his various cases on Salisbury Plain. His own introspection is on show and relationships with colleagues and others make for a really great story. Hopes are that the next instalment is not too long in coming! The narration by James Lailey keeps you hooked and means the book takes precedence over other tasks!

Helpful
    Report this
    Overall 5 out of 5 stars
    Story 5 out of 5 stars
    Profile Image for Mrs. Sally Perrin
    Mrs. Sally Perrin
    25-11-23
    Great story great story, well told
    Didn’t dislike any of it, looking forward to the next one. Dislike having to write long reviews!!

• Options
    edited January 27
    Halfway through this, and it is good.

Stay Buried
    DI Lockyer, Book 1

Series: DI Lockyer, Book 1
    Length: 13 hrs and 36 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 27-10-22

Summary
    A twisty and atmospheric Wiltshire-set crime novel from a brilliant new voice in the genre. Stay Buried will keep you guessing until the end.

Detective Inspector Matt Lockyer has been side-lined to working cold cases, following a bad decision he made in a recent investigation in order to support a friend. Lockyer isn't too bothered though, as it gives him the chance to review some of the cases that keep him up at night and to look into his own brother's senseless killing, which still remains unsolved.

On a quiet afternoon, Lockyer receives a phone call from prisoner Hedy Lambert—a woman he put inside for murder 14 years ago. She informs him that the man she was originally accused of killing has turned up alive and well. She begs him to reopen her case.

All those years ago, Lockyer had been the one to pin down Hedy's motive, but deep down he'd never wanted to believe she was guilty. The thought that he might have sent an innocent woman down for life doesn't sit well with him, and he agrees to reopen the investigation. But has it become too personal, and is he being manipulated? Perhaps there are some cases should just stay buried.

Laying Out the Bones
    DI Lockyer, Book 2

Series: DI Lockyer, Book 2
    Length: 13 hrs and 39 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 26-10-23

Summary
    A TERRIBLE CRIME WAITS TO BE UNEARTHED.

The second twisty and atmospheric Wiltshire-set crime novel in the DI Lockyer Series. Perfect for fans of Ann Cleeves and Val McDermid.

A long, hot summer in Wiltshire is broken by a sudden downpour. Flash floods bring something sinister to the surface - a human skeleton. When forensic testing matches the bones to a man named Lee Geary, reported missing nine years earlier, the case is passed to DI Matt Lockyer.

Geary was a known drug user, so it could be a simple case of misadventure, but Lockyer isn't so sure. Geary was a townie, and had learning disabilities, so what was he doing out on the Plain all alone? Lockyer soon learns that the year he disappeared, Geary was questioned in relation to another crime - the murder of a young woman named Holly Gilbert.

With the help of DC Gemma Broad, Lockyer begins to dig deeper, and discovers that two other persons of interest in the Holly Gilbert case have also either died or disappeared in the intervening years. A coincidence? Or a string of murders that has gone undetected for nearly a decade...?

Critic reviews
    'Compassionate, transporting and intricately plotted . . . I'm a huge fan' Emylia Hall, author of The Shell House Detectives

'Unputdownable . . . I didn't want it to end' Jenny Ashcroft, author of The Echoes of Love

'Twisty and satisfying' Kate Riordan, author of Summer Fever

A good start to a series.
  • Options

Another Girl
    A Kings Lake Investigation, Book 5
    By: Peter Grainger
    Narrated by: Gildart Jackson
    Series: Kings Lake Investigation Series, Book 5
    Length: 8 hrs and 38 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 23-01-24

Summary
    "She's just watching, thinking about it again, when a big flash car pulls up outside. No one gets out. Then the doors of the bar open and people appear. Two men and a youngish woman, and one of the men has a hold on the woman's arm. It looks as if they're having words. Then this all happens quickly—they push the woman towards the car, one of the back doors opens, and they manhandle her inside. Sarah hears a muffled shout from the woman and the car pulls away. It's all over in a few seconds." Just a few seconds—but seconds which will set in motion a sequence of events involving every member of the Kings Lake Central murder squad in the days to follow. This time the threat is to one of their own.

peter Grainger: best contemporary crime writer
    he writes so well, builds such real and likeable characters, and walks the line between building tension without straying into gratuitous violence. I feel a loss whenever I finish one of his books.
  • Options
    The most recommended police procedural books

Jeannette de Beauvoir
    Why did Jeannette love this book?
    This is a very different take on a police procedural, with more character development than usual and a real sense of place—one of the things that’s important to me as both a reader and a writer.

The plot is complex and engaging (I didn’t figure out the solution) and I found myself thinking of it even when I wasn’t actually reading the book. The descriptions are crystal-clear—you’ll feel that you are in the area yourself—and the author’s scattering of Scottish slang throughout contributes to a deeper sense of locale.

https://shepherd.com/bookshelf/police-procedural
  • Options
    Best Police Procedurals

astly, tell me a bit about the book you’ve just published, Seen to be Believed, which is part of a police procedural series. Should a reader start at the beginning, or it is OK to start with the latest?

I deliberately made them all standalone, but there are some events that happen in the first book that are referenced throughout. So Seen to be Believed is the fourth book in the Butler and West series, which follows DS Robin Butler and DC Freya West. When they meet in the first book, neither of them are in a great place. Robin had a sister, basically his only family, who died in a car accident. We quickly learn that the man Freya was having an affair with is the victim in the murder they’re investigating.

So that’s the set up for the first book and it forges a bond which continues in the others. Seen to be Believed begins as a woman is attacked in her home. It’s a mystery because the attack is brutal but they’re not sure of the motive. The guy who did it hasn’t made any attempt to conceal his identity. He hasn’t taken anything of great value. Robin starts to think it might be related to the company that the husband—who wasn’t home at the time—owns called Hamilton Grace. It’s a virtual reality software company based in the middle of nowhere, where there are lots of secrets. So they start to investigate it further…

https://fivebooks.com/best-books/best-police-procedurals-louisa-scarr/
  • Options
    The 20 Best Police Procedural Novels

https://thebookslist.com/police-procedural-novels/
  • Options
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

@Essexphil
    You read this yet Phil?

No. Hoping Santa has it on his sleigh ;)

Will definitely read it
    Anyone got any good authors/series to add to the list?

@TheEdge949 / @Tikay10 / @lucy4 / @MISTY4ME

The Waiting
    By: Michael Connelly
    Length: 12 hrs
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 05-11-24

Summary
    LAPD Detective Renée Ballard tracks a terrifying serial rapist whose trail has gone cold with the help of the newest volunteer to the Open-Unsolved Unit: Patrol Officer Maddie Bosch, Harry's daughter.

Renée Ballard and the LAPD's Open-Unsolved Unit get a hot shot DNA connection between a recently arrested man and a serial rapist and murderer who went quiet twenty years ago. The arrested man is only twenty-three, so the genetic link must be familial. It is his father who was the Pillowcase Rapist, responsible for a five-year reign of terror in the city of angels. But when Ballard and her team move in on their suspect, they encounter a baffling web of secrets and legal hurdles.

Meanwhile, Ballard's badge, gun, and ID are stolen-a theft she can't report without giving her enemies in the department the ammunition they need to end her career as a detective. She works the burglary alone, but her solo mission leads her into greater danger than she anticipates. She has no choice but to go outside the department for help, and that leads her to the door of Harry Bosch.

Finally, Ballard takes on a new volunteer to the cold case unit. Bosch's daughter Maddie wants to supplement her work as a patrol officer on the night beat by investigating cases with Ballard. But Renée soon learns that Maddie has an ulterior motive for getting access to the city's library of lost souls.

'The pre-eminent detective novelist of his generation'
    IAN RANKIN

'The best mystery writer in the world'
    GQ
  • Options

The Engine House: A Black Beacons Murder Mystery
    DCI Evan Warlow Crime Thriller, Book 1
    By: Rhys Dylan
    Narrated by: Joseph Tweedale
    Series: DCI Evan Warlow, Book 1
    Length: 9 hrs and 4 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 07-11-22

Summary
    You can bury the bodies, but you can’t hide the truth.

When a landslip on Pembrokeshire’s stunning coastal path reveals the harrowing remains of two bodies, ex-DCI Evan Warlow’s quiet retirement is shattered.

As the original investigator for the two missing persons eight years before, Evan is recalled to help with what is now a murder inquiry. But as the killer scrambles to cover up the truth, the body count rises.

Working with a new young team, Warlow peels away the layers to reveal the dark and rotten heart that beats beneath the chocolate box tranquillity of an area renowned for its quiet beauty.

But does he still have what it takes to root out the monstrous truth before all **** lets loose?

The Engine House is the gripping debut crime thriller set in the heart of wild Wales from author Rhys Dylan. Perfect for fans of LJ Ross, JD Kirk. JM Dalgliesh and Simon McCleave. Celtic noir with a spatter of dark humour.

Caution Death at Work
    DCI Evan Warlow Crime Thriller, Book 2
    By: Rhys Dylan
    Narrated by: Joseph Tweedale
    Series: DCI Evan Warlow, Book 2
    Length: 8 hrs and 14 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release date: 17-03-23

Summary
    A dark past casts a deep shadow.

Evan Warlow is back in the saddle as a DCI, though he isn’t yet sure he deserves to be, and there are others who share his doubts.

When a brutal attack on two mountain bikers in the vast solitude of the Brechfa forest leaves one dead and the other badly injured, the hunt is on for the killer. And though the evidence points firmly in one direction, an open and shut case soon becomes murky and unclear.

It’s not the first time bad things have happened in these woods. Things that some have tried desperately to forget. But for the killer, it’s more a matter of unfinished business.

Unless Evan and the team can outwit a vengeful and clever murderer, someone else is going to die.

Caution Death At Work is the second book in the DCI Warlow series of fast-paced Black Beacons thrillers by Rhys Dylan. Set in the heart of wild Wales, this dark murder mystery populated by true to life characters will keep you guessing. Perfect for fans of LJ Ross, JD Kirk, JM Dalgliesh, and Simon McCleave. Celtic noir with a smidgen of dark humor.