You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Challenges, In The Style of Thedazzman

2»

Comments

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 934
    Just a quick post.

Since the last update, I played on Saturday and Sunday, however, quit both sessions quite early after a few unlucky spots. I then just didn't feel like playing the whole night. There were zero cashes, and only a handful of bounties. So no more challenges were ticked off the list.

Weekdays evenings are normally a bit better than weekends, for me at least, so it seems. I'm planning to play the whole MML schedule tonight. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables
  • Options
    The session on Tuesday, after good intentions to play the lot, did not go to plan in more ways than one. I got home later than expected. So didn't play the whole schedule nor did I profit.

Tonight's session though, was a mixed bag. Mostly positive. Managed a 2nd in the 1r, and FT'd the 18:30. Had a quite comfortable stack in both leading up to the FT and beyond, however, a run of poor flipping and nothing cards put an end to that, and no wins were forthcoming. I did match my previous best of 11 bounties in the challenge though. Other than those two results, the rest of the session was quite uneventful, only managing a couple more bounties.

A so close, yet so far session.

No more challenges were complete. I surely must be due one soon. In the next session?Time will tell, huh?

• Options
    Sorry for lack of updates, guys.

Since my previous post around 2 weeks ago, some real life stuff got in the way a bit of playing my usual days, and then when I did play, I was getting frustrated quite early in the sessions and in turn quit early. Because of this, I was playing rather poorly for the most-part and no notable results forthcame. There just wasn't much to report.

Fast forward to tonight, after some extra days breaks having taken the weekend off, I seemed more refreshed and relaxed from the get-go. Not letting bad beats, poor calls, losing big flips etc annoy me as much as they have been recently.

And It paid off. I binked one of the bigger tournaments in the Micro Schedule - the 18:30 £1,000 BH. A very decent result like this boosts the BR, and gives a much needed cushion for any pesky prolonged breakeven spells or downswings that may be waiting for me round the corner. Hopefully getting my mojo back for the game, those poor runs will be minimal and I can build from this in the coming weeks, with more regular updates to this thread.

Furthermore, with the next UKOPs being unofficially? announced to start at the end of October, it's an extra incentive to build my BR in order to play some events/satellites. I've always really enjoyed online poker series.

3 challenges were completed tonight:
    - Win a tournament with 100+ players
    - Profit £100+ in a tournament
    - Profit £200+ in a tournament

Also, I did not realise I profited over £50 in a game, when I FT'd the 18:30, which should have been included in my previous post.

The updated challenge/stats table looks like this

A wise man once said, 'slow and steady wins the race'. I'd do well to remind myself of that fact as soon as any frustration creeps in. Early session results have absolutely no bearing on later/future games/hands.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

Yay, welcome back Dazzy, & well done on that big score last night.