You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site Issues, Thursday evening, 28th July. Now Resolved?

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Doubleme said:

MattBates said:

Whizzewky said:

All is well! I managed to play double my usual dyms up until 3am. The problem was painful, but if people had a little patience and logged in 7 or 8 times eventually it would let you register for a game and all my games were played fully. Once they started there were no further issues.

Nobody likes issues on the site, this one has been probably the most disruptive. However as a veteran of 14 years and 200,000+ games i've had less than 10 days where Sky has had problems, and most of those have been fixed. within hours of it happening.

I was disheartened to see another veteran tommyD who if my guess is right has made a good living from Sky over the years, almost demanding that the suits come and apologise and say what they are going to do in the future.

It will be a sad day when and if Sky folds, i and thousands of others have had years of entertainment, and i personally don't think all the negative vibes i'm hearing every day are valid.

We live in a world where it's expected that everything works like a Rolex watch. Skypoker may not be the Rolls Royce it once was. However i still believe it's the best site and the knockers should be wary...keep moaning and the suits might say enough is enough.

At what point should players say enough is enough? Lots of people have made a good living from skypoker but have also paid a lot of rake. Based on scope I have paid nearly £100k in rake and that excludes cash games. Should we only complain when the software is 20years out of date? Other sites you play on have regular updates to their software, sky is miles behind. Loyalty has to go both ways
    I think when I look at the much lower variance on sky and the higher win rates I have on sky vs other sites I for the most part now have come to accept it as a trade off. I have in the past been quite visibly upset on the forums over issues before but I think on balance there is something to what you say.

However there has already been people commenting on the traffic falling previously and these issues do likely lose us players. Further if in the future this cost me a very strong position in the main I may be irate as others may be.

We currently have a promotion starting next month which is aimed at encouraging players to play as much as possible. Hopefully we do not have issues during that month.

One thing I think may be a helpful adaptation is some sort of fail safe to unregister from tournaments or SNGS if someone is having issues. Like a button people could click that unregisters from all. The reason I say this is usually when I play on sky I quickly register for all the tournaments I plan to play that day. If there are issues of constant disruption I would rather not been on the hook to losing several hundred by blinding out if I am unable to get back in. Or maybe a software improvement where by if someone is sitting out/inactive across all tables it auto unregisters them?

Fortunately I have yet to have an issue like this But it would be comforting if there was some sort of fail safe in the software.

As someone who has criticised my posts, can you explain how Sky have 'less variance' than other sites that also all have the same randomness as indeed real decks!??
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,648
    TheWaddy said:

Doubleme said:

MattBates said:

Whizzewky said:

All is well! I managed to play double my usual dyms up until 3am. The problem was painful, but if people had a little patience and logged in 7 or 8 times eventually it would let you register for a game and all my games were played fully. Once they started there were no further issues.

Nobody likes issues on the site, this one has been probably the most disruptive. However as a veteran of 14 years and 200,000+ games i've had less than 10 days where Sky has had problems, and most of those have been fixed. within hours of it happening.

I was disheartened to see another veteran tommyD who if my guess is right has made a good living from Sky over the years, almost demanding that the suits come and apologise and say what they are going to do in the future.

It will be a sad day when and if Sky folds, i and thousands of others have had years of entertainment, and i personally don't think all the negative vibes i'm hearing every day are valid.

We live in a world where it's expected that everything works like a Rolex watch. Skypoker may not be the Rolls Royce it once was. However i still believe it's the best site and the knockers should be wary...keep moaning and the suits might say enough is enough.

At what point should players say enough is enough? Lots of people have made a good living from skypoker but have also paid a lot of rake. Based on scope I have paid nearly £100k in rake and that excludes cash games. Should we only complain when the software is 20years out of date? Other sites you play on have regular updates to their software, sky is miles behind. Loyalty has to go both ways
    I think when I look at the much lower variance on sky and the higher win rates I have on sky vs other sites I for the most part now have come to accept it as a trade off. I have in the past been quite visibly upset on the forums over issues before but I think on balance there is something to what you say.

However there has already been people commenting on the traffic falling previously and these issues do likely lose us players. Further if in the future this cost me a very strong position in the main I may be irate as others may be.

We currently have a promotion starting next month which is aimed at encouraging players to play as much as possible. Hopefully we do not have issues during that month.

One thing I think may be a helpful adaptation is some sort of fail safe to unregister from tournaments or SNGS if someone is having issues. Like a button people could click that unregisters from all. The reason I say this is usually when I play on sky I quickly register for all the tournaments I plan to play that day. If there are issues of constant disruption I would rather not been on the hook to losing several hundred by blinding out if I am unable to get back in. Or maybe a software improvement where by if someone is sitting out/inactive across all tables it auto unregisters them?

Fortunately I have yet to have an issue like this But it would be comforting if there was some sort of fail safe in the software.

As someone who has criticised my posts, can you explain how Sky have 'less variance' than other sites that also all have the same randomness as indeed real decks!??
    absolutely happy to. The reason is because sky have much smaller fields for nearly all their mtts vs other sites, also sky is mostly bounty hunters which also decreases variance.

See in a freezeout with a lot of runners sure if I come first I win a lot but usually when I cash I min cash. most of the prize money will be in the last few places and you will make the last 3 out of 60 70 or 50 players much more often then when you play a tournament with say 500 runners or 1000 runners.

On top of this when I do min cash I usually have taken several bounties along the way so its quite a bit more then a min cash.

its not that the deck is any different heck the other night I actually had the worst luck I have had for years in poker. I swear if that had happened to you, you really would be off on the barefoot protest around the UK I often joke in chat about.

today I had a very good day. I see no reason to believe skys deck is any different then other sites decks it is just the format of their games allows for lower variance.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    As a high MTT player, i realise how this will affect your variance and now understand where you are coming from.