You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Trump - the net is closing

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,026
    Stephen Colbert Shows Trump’s Path Down ‘Nutball Treason Highway’ In Damning Supercut

https://youtu.be/w5F-9vpwDhM
  • Options
    Jimmy Kimmel Pokes Trump's Sore Spot With An Insult He Really Hates

https://youtu.be/1b7Q-tJ6xeM

Jimmy Kimmel mocked Donald Trump on Thursday by using one of the insults the former president hates the most.

The “Jimmy Kimmel Live” host pointed to new revelations in the upcoming book The Divider by Peter Baker of The New York Times and The New Yorker’s Susan Glasser that claim Trump’s attempts to purchase Greenland from Denmark went a lot further than was originally reported.

Officials from Greenland and Denmark had dismissed the notion as “ridiculous,” and described it as evidence that Trump had “gone mad.” Trump’s own advisers reportedly worked to steer him away from the idea, the book said.

But Trump kept trying anyway, sometimes with genuinely absurd offers. The new book claimed he even proposed trading Puerto Rico to Denmark for Greenland.

“He would do a swap, like it’s fantasy football or something,” Kimmel said. “You know, a lot of attention is paid to how dangerous and impulsive and vain Trump is. Sometimes we forget, also very stupid, also not very bright.”

Trump admitted several times that he really doesn’t like being called stupid, and claimed his famous “person, woman, man, camera, TV” cognitive test was to prove his intelligence.

The test does not measure intelligence but rather looks for evidence of cognitive decline. As a result, it’s designed to be easy.

Trump later admitted it was “quite tough” for him by the end and claimed that because he passed it, “Now, they don’t call me stupid.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-kimmel-pokes-trumps-sore-065338674.html
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Ha, imagine Trump trying to convince anyone (except Rudy) he was not stupid. Good luck with that.
  • Options
    Trump's document scandal has 'jolted' him so much he's shelling out $3 million for lawyer

Politico's Betsy Woodruff Swan reported Thursday that Donald Trump is shelling out $3 million to one of his lawyers handling the classified document scandal.

Over the past several weeks, pundits have chastised Trump for causing so many problems for his lawyers that MAGA stands for "Make Attorneys Get Attorneys." That has been the case for lawyer Christina Bobb, who signed an official document to the court saying that Trump didn't have any more classified documents. It was a lie that is now causing her legal problems.

Having someone like Trump as a client and run the risk of not being paid at all or disbarred has meant that Trump can't find attorneys to help him when necessary. A $3 million check from the Save America PAC appears to be the way he was able to bring on Chris Kise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2tRYLx9DNQ

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics/trump-s-document-scandal-has-jolted-him-so-much-he-s-shelling-out-3-million-for-lawyer/ar-AA11SjqA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e46b2163afad49a490370bb47294109f
  • Options

I'm increasingly convinced that Trump is busto, we keep reading that he does not pay his attorneys.

"Having someone like Trump as a client and run the risk of not being paid at all or disbarred has meant that Trump can't find attorneys to help him when necessary. A $3 million check from the Save America PAC appears to be the way he was able to bring on Chris Kise".

And where did that $3 million come from? Donations.

The Trump presidential campaign raised money for Save America following the 2020 presidential election by soliciting donations for an election defense fund. Approximately 60 percent of those donations went to Save America.[5]

From.....

https://ballotpedia.org/Save_America
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    edited September 2022
    Trump is not skint.

It's just that he would rather either not pay people, or pay people with other people's money. It is a tax on the gullible.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Essexphil said:

Trump is not skint.

It's just that he would rather either not pay people, or pay people with other people's money. It is a tax on the gullible.

I am not so sure that his borrowings don't exceed the value of his assets. His bankers appear to be getting very concerned.
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

Essexphil said:

Trump is not skint.

I am not so sure that his borrowings don't exceed the value of his assets. His bankers appear to be getting very concerned.
    Could be.

But I think it more likely that the bankers look at his cavalier attitude to money, in particular the casual blurring between personal and business money. And think he will find a way to cheat them out of their money.

Despicable man. Not often I feel sorry for Bankers ;)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

tai-gar said:

Essexphil said:

Trump is not skint.

Could be.

But I think it more likely that the bankers look at his cavalier attitude to money, in particular the casual blurring between personal and business money. And think he will find a way to cheat them out of their money.

How do you think it was possible for him to get almost 50% of the vote in 2020?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Ha, imagine Trump trying to convince anyone (except Rudy) he was not stupid. Good luck with that.

Trump has always been stupid, but Giuliani used to be a hero.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Trump has always been stupid, but Giuliani used to be a hero.
    True, & then, in 2018, he joined Trump's legal team, a decision he must regret bitterly. Doubt he's ever been paid by Trump either.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

tai-gar said:

Essexphil said:

Trump is not skint.

Could be.

That is simple.

It is possible to fool most of the people most of the time.

Lots of people do it. The minute a politician says that they are going to be different from "politicians" then you know a con is coming.

Think UKIP in the European Elections. They actually convinced the British electorate that the best people to vote in to the European Parliament were people who did not want to be there.

Think the way the British National Party were briefly a real factor in British politics.

People who are unhappy with their lot believe people who promise change. Until they realise that it is the same old rubbish. Just served up on a different plate.

To be fair, Trump was a lot better at convincing people than the British equivalents. He narrowly lost the 1st election in terms of total votes, but managed to win the states' votes. Did very well in the 2nd election, considering. Not quite well enough. Although (of course) he refuses to accept that. While taking money from poor, gullible people.

Also important to bear in mind that Biden is past his eat by date, never mind his sell-by date.

And America has a lot of gullible people. People who genuinely believe that the USA is superior to every other country in the World. Who believe that MAGA really exists.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

tai-gar said:

Essexphil said:

Trump is not skint.

Could be.

One of life's great mysteries, though it does suggest that the USA remains a very racist country.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

tai-gar said:

Essexphil said:

Trump is not skint.

Could be.

That is simple.

It is possible to fool most of the people most of the time.

Lots of people do it. The minute a politician says that they are going to be different from "politicians" then you know a con is coming.

Think UKIP in the European Elections. They actually convinced the British electorate that the best people to vote in to the European Parliament were people who did not want to be there.

Think the way the British National Party were briefly a real factor in British politics.

People who are unhappy with their lot believe people who promise change. Until they realise that it is the same old rubbish. Just served up on a different plate.

To be fair, Trump was a lot better at convincing people than the British equivalents. He narrowly lost the 1st election in terms of total votes, but managed to win the states' votes. Did very well in the 2nd election, considering. Not quite well enough. Although (of course) he refuses to accept that. While taking money from poor, gullible people.

Also important to bear in mind that Biden is past his eat by date, never mind his sell-by date.

And America has a lot of gullible people. People who genuinely believe that the USA is superior to every other country in the World. Who believe that MAGA really exists.
    Do you think that immigration plays a bigger part than most people are prepared to admit to?
  • Options
    Trump's Former Accounting Firm Now Turning Over His Financial Records To Congress: Report

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trumps-former-accounting-firm-now-034816390.html
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Trump's Former Accounting Firm Now Turning Over His Financial Records To Congress: Report

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trumps-former-accounting-firm-now-034816390.html

That is fairly damning.

His former Accountants are as good as admitting that they were fed, and passed on via accounting statements, false information.

Reading between the lines, it appears that Mr Trump has simultaneously provided evidence as to how well his hotels are doing to his Banking Creditors, and claimed to the IRS for tax purposes that they are worth next to nothing.

A lot will depend on which one he was lying to (or, on the assumption it was both) how much he was concealing, particularly to the IRS.

On the assumption that Accountancy and Legal Privilege work roughly the same as here, this is not a minor thing. Mazars would not have given up this info unless both they (and the relevant Judge) felt this was a major criminal matter.

Similarly, Mazars would not be publicly admitting to having sent out false statements for 9 years unless they had no alternative. Ordinarily, Auditors need to be able to keep the bodies hidden or they get no work...