You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Skybet robbing customers again

How can they not class that Ericssons shot a shot on target when the keeper clearly saved it from going in top corner??? All other bookmakers have paid out on this?? I`ve messaged then and had no reply... Disgusting by Skybet.

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,009
    camilog said:

How can they not class that Ericssons shot a shot on target when the keeper clearly saved it from going in top corner??? All other bookmakers have paid out on this?? I`ve messaged then and had no reply... Disgusting by Skybet.

I thought exactly the same but having checked OPTA stats he has had 2 shots but none on target, load of ballcocks if you ask me...had a build-a-bet @19/1 riding on it as well
  • spartathenspartathen Member Posts: 936
    I haven’t read terms but it would of been nice on a bad evening if they had paid out even with one non runner.Although it was a free bet which they have seemingly given me another.

• camilogcamilog Member Posts: 347
    SidV79 said:

camilog said:

I thought exactly the same but having checked OPTA stats he has had 2 shots but none on target, load of ballcocks if you ask me...had a build-a-bet @19/1 riding on it as well
    But it was clearly on target and other bookmakers paid out n it.... Disgraceful, and very bad customer services not replying to messages from customers!!!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    edited August 2022
    camilog said:

@camilog

Hi,

SkyBet do not decide whether a shot was on target or not, they pay out based on OPTA stats. OPTA can be wrong of course, but that cuts both ways.

Here's the Sky Bet rules;

Bets placed in accordance with our Market Rules

Opta collect data for all the competitions that we offer stats markets on. SkyBet will always use Opta for resulting.

Please be aware that some websites, including uefa.com and fifa.com choose to use a different data provider, and therefore, on occasion, those websites might differ to Opta. Live Opta stats can be found here

The stats markets for Players include Shots, Offsides, Tackles and Assists, and our settlement will extend to all variants of these markets such as “Player to have the Most Shots on Target”. Stats markets for Team and Match bets are also settled against Opta data received, these include Shots, Tackles, Offsides and Fouls.

So if OPTA say it's on target, you get paid. If they don't, you don't.
    ok.... so do all bookmakers go off the Opta stats then??? I wonder if I could get a explanation from Opta.
    camilog said:

ok.... so do all bookmakers go off the Opta stats then??? I wonder if I could get a explanation from Opta.

@camilog

As far as I am aware, every major or front-line bookmaker bases payouts on OPTA stats, so yes, might be worthwhile contacting them.

Good luck.

PS - I think this is the OPTA Twitter feed, maybe you could try that;

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/with_replies

@camilog

Ahh, here you go, this is better, try this;

https://www.statsperform.com/opta-enquiry/
    Tikay10 said:

@camilog

Thanks, I will message them...Also just curious why most, if not all bookies have paid out on this and Skybet havent if they use all the same stats!
    camilog said:

Tikay10 said:

@camilog

Thanks, I will message them...Also just curious why most, if not all bookies have paid out on this and Skybet havent if they use all the same stats!
    @camilog

I've no idea on that one, sorry.

Most bookmakers do sometimes pay out as a "GWG" (Good Will Gesture) but the circumstances vary.
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,009
    edited August 2022

Update on the Eriksen non SoT, Skybet have now paid out meaning he did have a SoT.
    If anyone had this in their build-a-bet it is advisable to check your account
    edited August 2022
    Excellent news.

@camilog
    Great news....
  • radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 123
    Sky bet also do this thing where they don't offer best odds for any race with an extra place. They then proceed to offer extra places for nearly every race and the WORST odds imaginable, horses usually finish twice the price SKY offers, yesterdays winner @11/1 came in @22/1

Plus every other bookie gives option of current price or SP, SKY only let you select SP after added to slip. So many times I wanted SP and selected place bet instead of updating, so sneaky.

Had a lucky 15, 3 winners paid 110, would have got 450 with best odds.

Best odds isn't so much the issue, the lousy odds to begin with are and the extra task to select SP