You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cost Cutting Advice/Enough Is Enough.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905
edited September 2022 in The Rail
Martin Lewis Can't Hide His Exasperation As TV Guest's Cost-Cutting Advice Falls Flat

Poorna Bell
@poornabell
Replying to
@JimMFelton
'We all grew up in houses without central heating...' what an entirely useless statement. Like saying well we used to deliver mail by horse, lived through the bubonic plague, used candles instead of electricity.

HK
@HKesvani
Martin Lewis is going to go Berserker mode by the end of this month
Quote Tweet
Enough is Enough
@eiecampaign
·
1h
“Here’s my tip, put some of this behind your radiators…” 🤯

Former Tory MP Edwina Currie has a solution for families struggling to afford energy bills: silver foil.

These people live on another planet.

#EnoughlsEnough

Dr. Jeevun Sandher
@JeevunSandher
"Most people my age lived in houses without central heating"

Yes, and the number of winter deaths was *three times higher* back then

Enough is Enough
@eiecampaign
“Let’s take 5% off the VAT!”

“Buy a new kettle?”

“Use some silver foil”

“Learn to cook in under 3 mins”

Every day a new bout of idiocy. We’re with you,
@MartinSLewis

Watched Jamie Oliver on the One Show demonstrating how to cook using minimal stove heat for less than 3 mins. Media can you STOP normalising this. It’s not normal. In one the richest nations in the world. It’s not gas cooking, it’s gas lighting. We need to take to the streets 🤷🏼‍♀️

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/martin-lewis-cant-hide-exasperation-090330652.html

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,787
    yeah also people complaining about struggling to be able to afford food there is plenty of food available crawling all over our streets and parks. Nearly all insects are perfectly edible of course You would be well advised to cook these properly which there are sources that advise you how to do this.

Now you may be wondering how you can afford to cook this gourmet food, simple really if you gather up loose sticks and other bits of kindling you can make a small fire and cook over that. This is how people lived in the stone age so perfectly viable.

Also when you can no longer afford to rent or mortgage people just need to get sensible you can find good shelter under bridges abandoned railway tunnels and sewer pipes no longer in service.

:D
  • Options
    Ps if people cant tell i was been silly with the last comment. insects are actually edible but some can have nasty parasites which can be very bad for your health unless you know what your doing with that i would not recommend eating insects.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,618
    Doubleme said:

yeah also people complaining about struggling to be able to afford food there is plenty of food available crawling all over our streets and parks. Nearly all insects are perfectly edible of course You would be well advised to cook these properly which there are sources that advise you how to do this.

Now you may be wondering how you can afford to cook this gourmet food, simple really if you gather up loose sticks and other bits of kindling you can make a small fire and cook over that. This is how people lived in the stone age so perfectly viable.

Also when you can no longer afford to rent or mortgage people just need to get sensible you can find good shelter under bridges abandoned railway tunnels and sewer pipes no longer in service.

What does the GF say when you propose and tell her she'll be living in a sewer.!!
  • Options
    goldon said:

Doubleme said:

What does the GF say when you propose and tell her she'll be living in a sewer.!!
    well my gf does not see the point in marriage her parents have been together all her live and never got married. Marriage really is just a piece of paper with legal ramifications. The legal ramifications are that if we split up she gets half my stuff. So I see literally no incentive to get married. It would just cost a lot of money we could spend on other things and mean she gets half my stuff if we split up which would be harder for her to do if we were not married.

I was clearly been silly with my comment, This tory government have gotten so bad you have to get ridic to satire them, but then because they have gone so far satire could just be confused with been a tory supporter.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,617
    Doubleme said:

Remember that well know saying -

Many a true word is said in jest.
  • Options
    Good to have a sense of humour hope your GF has one too and she becomes your sole mate and you both Marry. "Marriage" and getting Married is ( not ) just a piece of paper, far from it. Not being Married and in a relationship has commitment attached so check with Phil before you shack up in the shop doorway.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    goldon said:

Good to have a sense of humour hope your GF has one too and she becomes your sole mate and you both Marry. "Marriage" and getting Married is ( not ) just a piece of paper, far from it. Not being Married and in a relationship has commitment attached so check with Phil before you shack up in the shop doorway.

My Sole mate

• Options
    Everyone knew ... does she play poker.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,617
    She waits for the river every hand.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    Doubleme said:

goldon said:

Doubleme said:

well my gf does not see the point in marriage her parents have been together all her live and never got married. Marriage really is just a piece of paper with legal ramifications. The legal ramifications are that if we split up she gets half my stuff. So I see literally no incentive to get married. It would just cost a lot of money we could spend on other things and mean she gets half my stuff if we split up which would be harder for her to do if we were not married.

I was clearly been silly with my comment, This tory government have gotten so bad you have to get ridic to satire them, but then because they have gone so far satire could just be confused with been a tory supporter.
    Mate she gets half of everything anyway. Common Law Partners have the same rights when it comes to splitting up and deciding who gets what.

I'd start hiding the Winni collection sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905

Doubleme said:

goldon said:

Doubleme said:

Mate she gets half of everything anyway. Common Law Partners have the same rights when it comes to splitting up and deciding who gets what.

I'd start hiding the Winni collection sooner rather than later.
    They are not worth a light since they ate Eeyore.